Lunch in the winter woods.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Lunch in the winter woods.

Post by Pitchy »

We pulled the sled up by the little cabin and had lunch today, was 15 degrees but warm by the fire.
Home made Chicken dumpling soup and hot dags. :)

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Lunch in the winter woods.

Post by Old Savage »

Those dogs look good!!! :) :) :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Pitchy, you need to write a book. What a charming little adventure.
Hayseed
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hayseed »

Did ya have marshmello's after :D

Oh man homemade chicken -n dumplins ...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys, no marshmellows today bro.
Bill, i could i`ve kept a journal for the last 20 years.
OS they were good, burnt just right. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The Chicken and Dumpling has me hungry. Have you ever wrapped your hotdogs in bacon and then grilled them?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

3leggedturtle wrote:The Chicken and Dumpling has me hungry. Have you ever wrapped your hotdogs in bacon and then grilled them?
Haven`t tried that but sounds good, next time. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Ah now, that looks like a wonderful way to have lunch. Food always tastes so much better outdoors, and there's nothing like a campfire to keep one cheered and warm in the woods in the winter.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What is in the leather case?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Old Savage wrote:What is in the leather case?
Well the 1895 Marlin Cowboy of course. :wink:

Thanks Kirk, it was a good day. :D
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's what I call LIVING!... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I live by the motto--You gotta have the bad so you know when you have it good. Pitchy illustrates the good parts of life about as well as anyone. Maybe the wiener dog has just a slightly better outlook!!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

That looks like a good way to have a meal, havent done that for years

ollogger
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`m trying to keep us all in cheer in these weird times. :wink:
Thanks gents. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Pitchy wrote:I`m trying to keep us all in cheer in these weird times. :wink:
Thanks gents. :)
Thank-you, Pitchy.
It is not the critic who counts
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have been watching your posts pitchy. I have the impression that you could live in style in survival situations better than any of us, AND love it! You are very resorcefull!
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I love that sled set up. That would be ideal for ice fishing.

Speaking of bacon, the chef at work gets very creative. He made and apple cobbler with strips of bacon on the top. I do believe I shall have a sample tomorrow.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Booger Bill wrote:I have been watching your posts pitchy. I have the impression that you could live in style in survival situations better than any of us, AND love it! You are very resorcefull!
I`m not sure about that Bill there are a lot of talented people here on this board that are better prepared than me.
Heck we don`t have much stocked up or anything guess i never have. I don`t know how to explain myself, people around me and health issues have drove me nuts but even though things always seem to go the hard way it generaly works out in the end if i`m right.
Kinda like fighting, never lost a fight that i was in the right and only lost one where i wasn`t and got beat bad.
I tend to follow my heart in this sinfull world and do what i think will make others happy. As far as getting by my trust has to stay with the Lord, He has not failed me yet when i`m in real need.
My suggestion to people is if ya can imagine something you can make it happen ya just have to go for it.
My thanks goes out to all you guys for your friendships and support. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Your a good man Pitchy, stay that way and let the old world figure it out for themselves. They will come around. :)
"That'll Be The Day"
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Pitchy, over on the S&W site they have a thread going on about what guns to take in a survival no law situation in the early west. That turned to a defensive situation etc, etc. I am feralmerril on that site and posted this earlier tonight. Being lazy I will post it here too. I live in SW utah near zion and bryce canyon national parks. (Cedar city)

If we ever really have to be on the run with no law IN MY AREA I would want to have a good ATV. Hopefully we would see the bad times comeing long enough to "spot" a couple of drums of gas in about 4 various wilderness hideouts along with a few spare tires and spare parts and some basic supplys. I dont see fighting foreign troops in this country but I can see a totaly bankrupt soceity that wouldnt have the money to pay our soliders or leo and when that happens we will have total domestic caois. But without gas available my plan wouldnt last over a year. I would be able to carry a lot of ammo and more and heavier guns on a quad. While I can see that senerio happening I really dont stress over it, EXCEPT from the standpoint of our kids and grandkids. Personaly I am comeing up on 72, pretty much have lived my life and as a christian I dont worry in the least about it. Its interesting to think about it though. It has to happen someday.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Boy that looks good....wish I was there!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I sooooooo enjoy living vicariously through pitchy. I hope one day our paths cross. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Booger Bill wrote: Personaly I am comeing up on 72, pretty much have lived my life and as a christian I dont worry in the least about it. Its interesting to think about it though. It has to happen someday.

Bill -- if anything like that ever happened, the youth would definitely need someone to teach them some strategy, if they would listen ---- nonstop hours of playing "Call of Duty" and "Halo" may not prepare them properly

Pitchy --- i dig the quality time you spend with your dog --- as a New York "prisoner" right now, i wish i could do the same

My little dog and I usually ride the range in my Jeep though (i'm too lazy)

Can't wait to get home for Christmas so i can spend time with all my dogs, big and small
----- Doug
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Booger Bill wrote:Pitchy, over on the S&W site they have a thread going on about what guns to take in a survival no law situation in the early west. That turned to a defensive situation etc, etc. I am feralmerril on that site and posted this earlier tonight. Being lazy I will post it here too. I live in SW utah near zion and bryce canyon national parks. (Cedar city)

If we ever really have to be on the run with no law IN MY AREA I would want to have a good ATV. Hopefully we would see the bad times comeing long enough to "spot" a couple of drums of gas in about 4 various wilderness hideouts along with a few spare tires and spare parts and some basic supplys. I dont see fighting foreign troops in this country but I can see a totaly bankrupt soceity that wouldnt have the money to pay our soliders or leo and when that happens we will have total domestic caois. But without gas available my plan wouldnt last over a year. I would be able to carry a lot of ammo and more and heavier guns on a quad. While I can see that senerio happening I really dont stress over it, EXCEPT from the standpoint of our kids and grandkids. Personaly I am comeing up on 72, pretty much have lived my life and as a christian I dont worry in the least about it. Its interesting to think about it though. It has to happen someday.
Thanks guys :)

Bill i don`t know what the answer is if that occures other than having at least one gun and a good supply of ammo.
I kinda think the best thing is to group up with people you can trust but then again it didn`t help the guys in the Donner pass ordeal.
I`m just not going to worry about it and just follow my heart and God.
That may sound stupid but i don`t know what else to say.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pitchy wrote:
Booger Bill wrote:I have been watching your posts pitchy. I have the impression that you could live in style in survival situations better than any of us, AND love it! You are very resorcefull!
I`m not sure about that Bill there are a lot of talented people here on this board that are better prepared than me.
Heck we don`t have much stocked up or anything guess i never have. I don`t know how to explain myself, people around me and health issues have drove me nuts but even though things always seem to go the hard way it generaly works out in the end if i`m right.
Kinda like fighting, never lost a fight that i was in the right and only lost one where i wasn`t and got beat bad.
I tend to follow my heart in this sinfull world and do what i think will make others happy. As far as getting by my trust has to stay with the Lord, He has not failed me yet when i`m in real need.
My suggestion to people is if ya can imagine something you can make it happen ya just have to go for it.
My thanks goes out to all you guys for your friendships and support. :)
Amen to that 8)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!