Restocking Marlin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Restocking Marlin

Post by Swampman »

Is it better to return a rifle to Marlin for a new stock set, or just order the wood and install it yourself? I want a good fit. If you ask for premium wood, is there an extra charge? How much do they charge?

The buttstock on my 1894 has a hair line crack in the wrist, and the wood looks pretty shabby in general. The metal is perfect. I also want them to install a sling swivel nose cap set while it's there. Any pointers?
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

Swampman,
Any chance it is still under warranty?
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

No, it was made in 1983. It's a .22 Magnum, that why I want to return it to like new condition.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

It never hurts to ask. Here's the wood Marlin put on my 1894CL last August.

azoil
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azoil »

Swampman,
I sent you a PM.
:wink:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I think you'll find the new wood and guns are all CNC machined, so the fit is always close. If it were an older gun I'd sa get a stock set and fit it yourself. I'm in the middle of fitting a semi inletted set to my 1888 Marlin project now.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/