Outers Old time GPS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Outers Old time GPS

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Thought you all would get a kick out of this,was going through some of my old stuff and found this,and you don't even have to put battery's in it. :lol:
I get a kick where it says on the box "Recover Rods,Motors,Guns lost overboard".

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Outers Old time GPS

Post by Old Savage »

Cool.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My uncle had one of those. Worked fairly well right up till dark. But, had we really been turned around, we would have just sat down had a bite to eat and worried about it after the sun came up.

Whiskey doesn't really keep you warm, but when you're 14 and your God father suggests a nip from his flask to keep you warm late at night, and the stories are being retold for the upteenth time, is sure seems to. Of course uncle Harry and my dad did, though it wasn't necessary, tell me not to tell mom. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
1894c

Post by 1894c »

if our Mother's really knew---most of us would have ended up in reform school... :)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`ll be darn 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

A nip of good Canadian whisky around a camp fire with dad and some uncles has kept more kids out of reform school then the same amount of time at church I'll wager.

My dad died two years ago on the 12th and I would trade just about everthing I own for another night around a campfire with him and his long gone brother's and a few adopted "Uncles".

Chris
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Went camping years ago with my wife & her parents... RIP...Her father was 82 at the time.. his wife about 5 years behind him...They got their umbrella tent pitched... You know the kind...Green waxed canvas so dark inside you need a flashlight in there during daylight... Turned out my wife got an asthma attack and the ladies went down the mountain home, and darned the luck, me and the ole boy were on our own for three days...I cracked out the J.D. at the campfire the first knight and poured some over the rocks and we sipped... After a bit the old boy looks around, as if to make sure the wimmen folk weren’t around and says “Hey we could get drunk if we wanted to” ... It was so cute...We didn’t get drunk but conversation did become more lively after a while...So much to hear from the old guys.. When were back home, and having been skunked in our fishing efforts the old guy winks and says.. “You know that J.D. was the best piece of equipment that was brought on that trip”...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Mossyoak1957,

That is cool! :D Old technology is not always obsolete. Some of it is good enough for Mr. Spock:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

That's cool!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hagler wrote:Mossyoak1957,

That is cool! :D Old technology is not always obsolete. Some of it is good enough for Mr. Spock:

Shawn
I completely forgot about the Jeppesen scene. I'm sure more than a few pilots had a good laugh at that one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Personally, I'd like to have some of the things pictured here......heck, anything that requires no batteries to work could come in handy at some point.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill