Texas State Photographer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Texas State Photographer

Post by markinalpine »

Sent to me by my brother, John :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://player.vimeo.com/video/22132017? ... &portrait=
Be sure to turn on your speakers and go full screen.

Wyman, the photographer, used to live in the old jail in Benjamin, TX. The photo of the coiled rattlesnake appeared on the cover of a wildlife magazine in the 80s. He said, there were times he crawled a long way on his belly to get a good shot of a wild animal. The music was nice also, didn't make me want to put it on mute!!!

The music is by Doug Smith. Doug is from Petersburg, Texas and lives south of town. Doug played by ear. He can not read music, but has many CDs. A pickup accident left Doug paralyzed and he does not play any more. Most of the pictures were taken in the rolling plains (cap rock to Seymour, the Fork, 6666, and Waggoner Ranches). There are some scenes in Palo Duro Canyon .

Please take a moment and view. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen such fantastic use of music set to amazing animal and landscape photography. The changes in the tempo perfectly compliment the scenery. It is simply a beautiful portrayal of Texas.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy,
Mark :mrgreen:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Texas State Photographer

Post by C. Cash »

His photos are amazing. Small world....my dad and his side of the family were from Benjamin and Truscott area, and my cousins know him. I hope to get my wife to one of his workshops.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

C. Cash wrote:His photos are amazing. Small world....my dad and his side of the family were from Benjamin and Truscott area, and my cousins know him. I hope to get my wife to one of his workshops.
8)

Captures the feel of it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That was actually... moving.

Thanks.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

WOW! That is some truly amazing photography and the music is perfect! I enjoyed it very much!

Thanks for posting it. :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

......and as my eyes and ears were gently bathed, the world quietly went away until the only sound left was my breathing..........
Thanks, Gobbler
Click Click Boom
deafrn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by deafrn »

That is neat.

My son's whole unit was transferred to a new command and PCS'd to Ft. Bliss following their last Afghanistan deployment, and it has not been the happiest of moves on many levels, but duty is duty. Anyway, I still haven't convinced him to get out of El Paso once in a while and go SEE - as opposed to just looking at - a part of the country that looks like it is, in turn and in season, just as beautiful or stark, and as hostile or nurturing as where he grew up.

"d"
deafrn

"I wasn't ignoring you, I just couldn't hear you. Okay, NOW I'm ignoring you."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Beautiful....
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Enjoyable. My compliments to the editor that made the Music/Lightening thang happen to excellent effect :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV