Strange situation w/50-70 sharps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Strange situation w/50-70 sharps

Post by Bridger »

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthre ... /3388120/2

I don't know any of the involved parties, but I frequent that forum and was curious what yall thought? If I was in the buyer's shoes, I wouldn't be driving 5 hours to give the gun back. I would tell him he could come get it, with my mod 70, and some cash for my time and frustration. If he wasn't agreeable to that oh well, take me to court. I also think some of the other guys are right about it not being worth 4500 bucks.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Strange situation w/50-70 sharps

Post by Griff »

$4,500? No. There's an original 1863 on GB with an askin' price of $2,999, unconverted. Worth twice what a converted '63 is. Last I saw, the .50-70 is a center-fire. Sounds fishy to me.

But, my sense of fair play sez I don't want to cheat someone, just as I don't want someone to cheat me. Lotta "if"s here, but... if I were the buyer and I REALLY wanted THAT rifle, I'd do some real investigating of the rifle's value, then negotiate the best deal the seller can live with; knowing and letting the seller know I have a legally binding sale, and am only doing this outta the goodness of my heart. I'm thinkin' that might be somewhere between an added $150-250, final price.

Then again, there might be something the buyer ain't sayin'; like an historically significance on the particular gun.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

If it all happend that way, Id keep the gun with no problem

ollogger
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If it was one of his employees that had sold the gun he'd be trying to get the money from them, but he screwed up and didn't get his price, or did he. The value is not $4500 as far as I can see, priced that way or not but it is really a moot point. To return the guys M70, the dealer will have to do a 4473 AND he owes him the $450 AND he owes him travel expenses AND, if it was me, he's never going to see my face again, ever. A man takes responsibility for his "mistakes" and a deal is a deal.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson