B92 357mag range report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

B92 357mag range report

Post by cvarcher »

Tried some loads and a few factory loads at 25 yards. This is seated with iron open sights.Full buckhorn b92 rear sight sucks by the way.The notch is too narrow and the high forks hinder sighting to my eyes.
A.M. Eagle 158gr SJSP 1883fps------1.25" 4 out of 5 shots
Magtech 158gr SJSP (no chrony)----1 3/8" 4 out of 5 shots
13.0gr 2400/Rem 158gr SJSP(no chrony)----3/4" 4 out of 5 shots. 14gr 2400 gave a healthy 1723fps but only 1 1/8" 4 out of 5 shots
Im also posting on the Marlin 1894C range report too.
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

I don't care for the buckhorn rear sight on my Browning B92 either.

I've been thinking about ordering a Marble's Flat Top rear sight to replace it.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

I like the Lyman 66 I had installed on my Browning 92; I had a slot blank put into the dovetail to replace the buckhorn rear sight. Really, one of my favorite guns.

Of course, drilling and tappping for the Lyman will hurt the valuse somewhere down the road. Too bad for my son :)