I'll propbably regret this.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

I'll propbably regret this.

Post by iceman »

I was on another local site reading comments of guys getting great prices for their 9422s. I listed my 9422 XTR classic at $700 and it sold in less than 12 hours. Not bad for a rifle I traded an old BPS 12 ga for. I bought a Savage markII GL just to have a 22 handy (left hand bolt ugly wood stock) for under $220. Now I have to keep my eyes open for my next toy.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I'll propbably regret this.

Post by crs »

Iceman - I saw more 9422, model 61 and 63 Winchesters at a recent Dallas gun show that ever before. The nicer 9422 rifles were listed at about what you sold your for.

I also saw two stainless Colt King Cobra .357 6" revolvers for sale at $1,300 each. These were in good condition, so now I have a better idea of what my NIB NRA Centennial Stainless King Cobra will be worth. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I was just surprised that it sold that quickly. It was in good shape but had a few rust freckles that I told the buyer about and no haggling about pricing was needed. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for others people want to get rid of. :D :D Here are a couple pics

Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I bought a classic new and unfired last year and paid $800 for it
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Now you have the money for a henry and several CASES of 22lr ammo.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

i think you're going to miss it... :)
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

336BL wrote:i think you're going to miss it... :)
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Speaking of regret - here's my *** story on selling a 9422.

About six years ago, picked up a Win 9422.. Had heavy freckling on the receiver and barrel. Wood was faded and scratched. Looked pretty bad.

It was going to be a field rifle so just cleaned it up a little. Shot great and didn't have to worry about it losing any collector value. Kids had a blast with it too.

Well, a few years passed and came across one that was just like new. Not a scratch, speck, or rub on it, for $350. Bought it on the spot so my daughter would have a nice one to shoot instead of "Rusty".

So I thought I'd list the old beater one up for sale. Took some 0000 steel wool and kroil to the metal and it cleaned up decent. Sold it that afternoon for $400

So here I was with a pristine 9422 - I just sold a beat up one for $200 more than I gave for it - I should have been pretty happy.

Then that evening it kind of sank in. The new one was for the daughter, but when I told the news she just said,
"I didn't want a new one, I want the one I had. That was my first rifle"

Made me sad.

Called and offered the guy his money back plus $100 - but he had heard about the plant closing and the Winchester prices going up so he wouldn't budge.

There is a happy ending though.

I took my beat up Henry H001 (one of my favorites and one she shot a lot with, too) and completely reworked it.

Shortened the stock, chopped barrel, polished the trigger, polished the receiver, and added a new aluminum butt plate, etc...

matched her little nickle Colt Frontier Scout perfectly. She was very happy that they now looked like a matched pair and it fit her like a glove.

I kinda miss that Henry now, too.

Edited to add. I can't believe they censored the word "S O B" (variation of cry)
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.