No Elk Tag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

No Elk Tag

Post by jkbrea »

What a bummer. I didn't draw a general elk tag this year for Wyoming. :( First time in 18 years. Oh well. I'll try and purchase a leftover cow tag in June. My brother drew one and so did his 12 yr. old son who will go on his first elk hunt. If I don't get that cow tag, it looks like I'll just be packin' elk quarters. :) Still beats not going. Anyone else got their tags yet?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: No Elk Tag

Post by Sixgun »

In Colorado, where I hunt, the bull tags are unlimited. I just stop in the CF&G when I get there and plug down 5+ C-Notes and walk out.----------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
keyston44
Levergunner

Post by keyston44 »

I just filled out my applications today for Colorado tags. They are not due till April 3rd so we won't know until late May or early June. Even if I don't draw, there are always left over tags or over the counter areas.

Key
"Hatred is the cowards answer for being intimidated"
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Sixgun wrote:In Colorado, where I hunt, the bull tags are unlimited. I just stop in the CF&G when I get there and plug down 5+ C-Notes and walk out.----------------Sixgun
You still have to apply by April 1 if you want a mule deer or cow elk tag in CO.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

You guys have it rough! No tags? A tag for $500? They must want to put an end to hunting in your area.
keyston44
Levergunner

Post by keyston44 »

Dave wrote:You guys have it rough! No tags? A tag for $500? They must want to put an end to hunting in your area.
Not hardly, that price doesn't stop non resident hunters. If it wasn't for the NR prices, my tag would cost alot more than the $46 it does now. :lol:

Key
"Hatred is the cowards answer for being intimidated"
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

keyston44 wrote:
Dave wrote:You guys have it rough! No tags? A tag for $500? They must want to put an end to hunting in your area.
Not hardly, that price doesn't stop non resident hunters. If it wasn't for the NR prices, my tag would cost alot more than the $46 it does now. :lol:

Key

OK I was thinking it was $500 for a resident. :shock:

In my area during regular gun you can shoot three anterless deer a day every day
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Mike D...No you do not have to apply for a tag to be eligible to purchase a left over tag, or an over the counter tag. If you appply and are not successful and you select the left over draw instead of a refund you can get drawn before the lefft over tags go on sale to the public. However, you can still buy left over tags and over the counter tags with out ever applying. Actual dead line for applying this year in Co is April 3
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

dkmlever wrote:Mike D...No you do not have to apply for a tag to be eligible to purchase a left over tag, or an over the counter tag. If you appply and are not successful and you select the left over draw instead of a refund you can get drawn before the lefft over tags go on sale to the public. However, you can still buy left over tags and over the counter tags with out ever applying. Actual dead line for applying this year in Co is April 3
I always applied early, and usually was drawn, but it's been three years since I went to CO. The owner of the ranch we hunted on remarried and his wife decided she could run the hunts by herself, so we all bailed. She was actually pretty nasty about it and didn't take into consideration all of the work that our group did to rewire and rebuild the old bunkhouse. she cut off her nose despite her homely face.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I should edit my post to say IF you wanted to start collecting prefrence points to use in a future draw, you must submit an application.
I have hunted three great spots in Co that I have lost over the years to ownership changes or deaths, it is a bummer, but there are many other great spots, it usually takes a year or two to figure out a new area.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike D. wrote:
Sixgun wrote:In Colorado, where I hunt, the bull tags are unlimited. I just stop in the CF&G when I get there and plug down 5+ C-Notes and walk out.----------------Sixgun
You still have to apply by April 1 if you want a mule deer or cow elk tag in CO.
Mike,
True. Although I'm mostly only interested in a bull tag, there are nearly always left over cow tags for our unit.
If the meat locker is low at my son's, (he lives out there) sometimes I'll get a combination bull/cow tag. As for the mule deer, well, once you taste these eastern whitetail deer, a muly is like chewin' leather, so we leave 'em alone.--------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..