Colt Series 70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Colt Series 70

Post by octagon »

Guys I am thinking about getting two new stainless 1911 Colts in 45 ACP for me and the Boy to shoot at the ranch. Anybody got any thing positive or negative to say on the current production models? I want to get these for us as he has been a real good boy, and I have been a REALLY good boy.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Colt Series 70

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno about current production Colts, but my son and I each have a Rock Island (generic Phillipine-made ?) 1911 clone, purchased for similar reasons, and they've both been excellent shooters. His required some 'wear-in' with a couple hundred FMJ hardball rounds before it would feed odds and ends and cast-lead and Speer hollow-points, etc.; mine is a 14-shot 'wide-body' version, which probably makes no difference (fits my skinny long fingers better), but it fed all that from the get-go - probably because I got mine as a 'used' gun.

I can't imagine Colts would be anything less reliable than a Phillipine clone, so you're likely to be very pleased, and have some fun time to spend with the kid.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The series' 70/80 were really solutions in search of a problem. Nothing wrong with them, just made more complicated (more stuff to break) than a good ole 1911A1.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

You can hear all kinds of things, but I've mostly heard good things about them. I wanted one a while back, but was unable to locate one. Check the Colt section of the 1911 forum for good info.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Mine is a series 70.
Still have it.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Mescalero wrote:Mine is a series 70.
Still have it.
Same here - my preferred personal defense gun for 40 years. Purchased about 1972 as a duty and off-duty gun, I carried my Mark IV Series 70 Colt for several years until another agency career mandated the use of their handgun, only. I kept it as a secondary backup in a case in the police vehicle trunk, and carried it off-duty for most of my career. Later (with another agency), I was allowed to carry it off-duty again. It is now my daily carry (retired).

It has seen many rounds. It has proven to be an accurate and reliable handgun. The main complaint that you hear, apparently mostly from those who have never owned one, is that the collet barrel bushing is prone to breakage. This part has metal fingers that clamp on the barrel instead of a solid hollow cylinder. I never had any problem, and just to be safe I replaced the existing one a few years ago to give new life to the firearm. Its purpose is to increase accuracy. I suspect that it does!

As of the last few years, my sports a Crimson Trace grip mounted laser that works perfectly - more reliable than the below-barrel mounted lights that get shaken and which eventually get clouded by partially burnt powder particles and soot.

I altered a Bianchi inside the waistband holster by cutting off the strap and adding a patch of orthopedic elkhide (from an old unused shoulder holster) on the inside to prevent hammer abrasions and cuts on my side from moving and sitting in a car. It does not appear to slow down the draw. I see that as of late, the holster companies have finally gotten a clue and added this feature to their holsters - possibly because I have posted this addition before - ??

It's a great firearm. Whenever I stayed in practice, I could shoot with the top shooters wherever I worked; and this began with the folks who carried .38's with their modest recoil. Sometimes I was top shooter; most times I was one of the top - when I practiced. The gun definitely can do its job.

You may see that the firearm (below) looks new. A couple of years ago, I sent it back to the Colt factory for inspection and reblueing. No parts were replaced by the factory. Nevertheless, the blueing and inspection was expensive; but this gun has proven itself worth every penny of the maintenance.

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have an older pre-series 80 and 3 series 80 pistols. I see no difference. Once right they stay right. One must have replacements on hand for the recoil spring for long-term use. We had to change them out every 20 years or so in the Army. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Mine has Millet sights front & rear ( adjustable ) shoots where you point, goes bang every time,
what else do you want?
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Mescalero wrote:Mine has Millet sights front & rear ( adjustable ) shoots where you point, goes bang every time,
what else do you want?
Plus 1 :D
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hobie wrote:I have an older pre-series 80 and 3 series 80 pistols. I see no difference. Once right they stay right. One must have replacements on hand for the recoil spring for long-term use. We had to change them out every 20 years or so in the Army. :wink:
...er... oh, that's right. I did replace the spring with a Wolff variety of slightly more strength due to my loads. Prolly should get another one just to be ready. Thanks for the reminder, Hobie!
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I think that it is a great idea. I know that many don't agree but there is just something about a 1911 style pistol that is a real Colt. I admit that my series 80 Government needed to have a new bushing fit to get it to shoot well, but now it shoots. And, stainless Colts certainly are good lookers.
I wish that mine had the rollmark on the slide like the new ones have.

Go for it!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I shoot a 70 series 1911 nickel a fair amount. Carry it concealed-- or the 3 inch 29 nickel. I also use it in Wild Bunch SASS shoots. Works just fine! :D http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm16 ... ins008.jpg
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I bought a new Colt GM in 2005 and it is a very fine pistol, fully equal to anything Colt has ever built.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I had a Mk4 Series 70 new and it was a dandy. The only problem I had was too hot handloads. It would mess up the ejection. Regular loads worked like a charm (too young at the time). It was one tough handgun and Colt really had fine fit and finish.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

The Colt Series 70 introduced the collet bushing in 1970 - some of which broke and the replacements broke - but many (mine included) just kept working - I suspect breakage was bushing-slide poor fit problem. That was replaced in the Series 80 - when lawyers convinced Colt to put a firing pin safety in to prevent gun firing if dropped - not that any had done so - but lots of companies got spooked by liability stuff. At least the roll mark doesn't say, "Read manual before shooting".

The Series 70 was so popular that Colt started producing them again - minus collet bushing and with a solid one - could be called "pre-series 70s" - but, the Series 70 name was popular.

I have one of each - top one made in 1970 - still using the collet bushing - I've owned it some eight years. Bottom one is a "reproduction" model with solid bushing.

I shoot both every week - three 8 round mags through each if I'm shooting OK - may double that if I feel the need to improve. I carry one of the other when I'm wearing clothes. Basically good solid guns with no fancy frills - easily maintained, durable, and reasonably priced. Low mount thumb safeties suit me for shooting with thumb riding safety - at 85, my joints generally have some arthritic changes.
Last edited by OJ on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Canuck Bob wrote:I had a Mk4 Series 70 new and it was a dandy. The only problem I had was too hot handloads. It would mess up the ejection. Regular loads worked like a charm (too young at the time). It was one tough handgun and Colt really had fine fit and finish.
That's when you switch in the heavy Wolff spring, Bob. They come in several "pound" tests.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

OJ wrote:...The Series 70 was so popular that Colt started producing them again - minus collet bushing and with a solid one - could be called "pre-series 70s" - but, the Series 70 name was popular.

I have one of each - top one made in 1970 - still using the collet bushing - I've owned it some eight years. Bottom one is a "reproduction" model with solid bushing....
So, OJ -
Which one shoots the best? Do you find the one with the collet bushing to be more accurate?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My fave's a 70-series Light Weight Commander .45 with a flat MSH, and Chip McCormack carry sights & mags.

I've buyed & tried others over the years, but in the end I've found you can do no better than to stick with the "Three Pony's" brand.

damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Pete44ru wrote:My fave's a 70-series Light Weight Commander .45 with a flat MSH, and Chip McCormack carry sights & mags.

I've buyed & tried others over the years, but in the end I've found you can do no better than to stick with the "Three Pony's" brand.

Good choice; mine fav is a LW Commander, as well, except I like the arched mainspring housing. I even replaced the flat one on my 5" Kimber with a steel arched Colt MSH.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

JohndeFresno wrote:
OJ wrote:...The Series 70 was so popular that Colt started producing them again - minus collet bushing and with a solid one - could be called "pre-series 70s" - but, the Series 70 name was popular.

I have one of each - top one made in 1970 - still using the collet bushing - I've owned it some eight years. Bottom one is a "reproduction" model with solid bushing....
So, OJ -
Which one shoots the best? Do you find the one with the collet bushing to be more accurate?
Well, as a matter of fact, it does shoot a little smaller groups than the "repro" does - but, after a lot of rounds through it, the bushing-slide fit is a little loose whereas the collet gives me the impression it is as snug as new and will last forever - I lucked out, I think.

I've replaced the loose bushing in the "repro" this past week with a Brown precision - "just barely too tight to be turned by finger" (per Kuhnhausen's advice) so haven't had a chance to test it yet but - when new (first 5 or 6 years), the groups were pretty much the same.

Possible of interest - the original cost $800 and the "repro" $900 - real bargains, I think.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

OJ wrote: Well, as a matter of fact, [the collet bushing] does shoot a little smaller groups than the "repro" does - but, after a lot of rounds through it, the bushing-slide fit is a little loose whereas the collet gives me the impression it is as snug as new and will last forever - I lucked out, I think.
Interesting. I never had the opportunity to shoot mine (collet bushing Series 70) against another pistol by my own hand, so your experience seems to validate the reason for that finger type spring hold on the barrel as only found in the Series 70!

Since bushings aren't the most expensive thing in the world, I'll stick by my handgun. It has served me well for just 10 years shy of a half century.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Going to Cripple Creek (my wife's home town) in AM to see this year's ice sculptures -of military theme - this year's theme but, if weather's decent Wednesday so I can shoot - I'll report results.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Thanks for taking time to reply guys. The thought of shooting these with the Boy is exiting. I guess we will get em about April and break em in before it gets real hot. Gonna need a couple holsters too.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I should add that we have several new Colts in the shop right now and they are each fine looking pistols. We have a Wiley Clapp model, too. All appear to be great guns, stainless or blue. AND they are Colts that might mean something down the road if you must sell them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Thump
Levergunner

Post by Thump »

Like many, I too have a Colt Series 70, and it is reliable as a rock. Through the years it has never failed to perform... Though is remains loaded, chambered and resting in my nightstand for a year or more; when I take it out for an annual cleaning and test fire to shoot out the ammo in the gun - I simply cock the hammer, point in a safe direction, and the Series 70 never fails to go boom! - - I added a set of X-S 'Big Dot' sights rather than a Crimson Trace, and the Series 70 has proven to be a reliable and accurate choice.
"Thump"
Benefactor - National Rifle Association
Life Member - Safari Club International
Life Member - BullsEye Marksman Gun Club
NRA Certified: Rifle & Pistol - Instructor

"A man can never have too much red wine,
too many books, or too much ammunition."
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

First time I've seen your posting, Thump. Welcome to the forum! Thank you for the input.
Thump
Levergunner

Post by Thump »

Hello John: Thanks for the reply. I have been a member, but not active for a while. Now that I have a tad more time I hope to get in more shooting. Way back when, I worked my way through under graduate college as a motorcycle policeman, and trusted my body to a Mod 29 S&W. Since then I have moved on to shooting something with less pounding. :shock:

For my long term needs I focused on 9mm's, and .45's. As for The Series 70, it is a great pistol. In caliber .45 ACP I use a Kimber Pro-Elite, Kimber RCP, SIG 220, and S&W 325PD. - - All are superbly dependable, but my bedside choice is the Series 70.

"Thump"

OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

OJ wrote:Going to Cripple Creek (my wife's home town) in AM to see this year's ice sculptures -of military theme - this year's theme but, if weather's decent Wednesday so I can shoot - I'll report results.
Good news!! Ice sculptures in Cripple Creek - military theme - great. Weather here great today - shot both Colts and - THE BROWN BUSHING IS THE CURE - In fact, if anything, shot groups a tad smaller - but I really think that's a reflection on my shooting so- problem solved.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

OJ wrote:Good news!! Ice sculptures in Cripple Creek - military theme - great. Weather here great today - shot both Colts and - THE BROWN BUSHING IS THE CURE - In fact, if anything, shot groups a tad smaller - but I really think that's a reflection on my shooting so- problem solved.
The bushing that I fit to my series 80 is an Ed Brown. I had to fit it to the slide and the barrel, Brown sells a "drop-in" but I wanted it to fit as tight as possible. It is tight enough that I use a bushing tool to remove it. Transformed my Colt from a pretty plinker to an acceptible shooter.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

damienph wrote:
OJ wrote:Good news!! Ice sculptures in Cripple Creek - military theme - great. Weather here great today - shot both Colts and - THE BROWN BUSHING IS THE CURE - In fact, if anything, shot groups a tad smaller - but I really think that's a reflection on my shooting so- problem solved.
The bushing that I fit to my series 80 is an Ed Brown. I had to fit it to the slide and the barrel, Brown sells a "drop-in" but I wanted it to fit as tight as possible. It is tight enough that I use a bushing tool to remove it. Transformed my Colt from a pretty plinker to an acceptible shooter.
Sure did the job for me - needing to use a bushing tool is a minor inconvenience - got a small thin one from Midway that fits in my wallet. Considering that in the original test that got the 1911 accepted by Army Ordinance - they fired 6000 rounds through the test gun without a single malfunction. During that test, they cooled the test 1911 every 100 rounds - BUT - cleaned it only every 1000 rounds. The Savage competing lasted only a little over 1000 rounds - and was withdrawn. Our ammo is probably cleaner now, also.

Most of us probably clean ours more often than really needed - I put some three 8 round magazines through each every week (if my shooting is OK - more if I need correctional practice) and clean my guns usually every month - or so.

At any rate, I was happy with my shooting today - even though it was overcast. My 85 year old eyes - some ARMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration) makes vision less sharp and I do better in bright light - but - I really can't complain - I'm already some 15 years older than any male in the King family lived - due to such things as the meds that were developed that effectively treated high blood pressure some six years after I graduated from med school (1952) - and re-upped another 2 years -I thought they needed me to win Korean War (turned out it wasn't won anyway), and was in my fifth year of surgical training when we got the first med (Lasix) effective for treating high blood pressure.

Long as I can shoot my Colts and one of my lever rifles (W 94 & 95 + M1A) every week, walk my dog, and date a younger woman (my wife :mrgreen: ) every week for dinner and evening out - I'm OK .

Word was when I was in med school - if you don't have an occasional beer or bourbon and do such things as I do - you may not live to be 100 - but, it'll sure seem like it.
Last edited by OJ on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Encouraging, Doc OJ - now I feel like a kid!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Do you guys recommend any type of break in procedure in a new stainless unit like clean every 300 rounds . Does it matter? Any advice on lubes?
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

octagon wrote:Do you guys recommend any type of break in procedure in a new stainless unit like clean every 300 rounds . Does it matter? Any advice on lubes?
Be prepared for almost as many answers as there are frequent posters. There are many very good products available these days.

My current choices: Wipe-Out bore cleaner - foam or liquid, depending upon how much I have shot.
http://www.sharpshootr.com/wipeout.htm

Then, I use a small amount of Prolix lubricant, which (according to the company and one or two write-ups) deposits a microfilm of non-moisture grabbing lubricant.
http://www.prolixlubricant.com/

I have RemOil on hand (a gift), and hear that this stuff is also a good lubricant. Before I settled on Prolix, I used Corrosion-X exclusively when putting a gun into the safe. The bottom line is not to overdo it. You should follow the procedures outlined in the manual, such as a small drop of your lubricant of choice on the top of the barrel at the muzzle, then rack the slide a few times, and so on. I think that most people, including me, lube the bore for storage, but wipe it dry before shooting when possible.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I have a fullsize RIA GI version being broken in right now, but my preference in 1911s is a CCO/XO - 4" upper and LW. Officer's lower, with a standard bushing and full length guide rod.

The standard bushing let's me use a drop-in "bushing compensator" for gaming, but doesn't increase the OAL beyond the 5" 1911.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Yeah, Rem oil is a product I have used for years, have had no problem with it. My plan is to take these new guns to the ranch for several 3 to 4 days and burn through a ton of ammo. Should I clean every 300 or 500 rounds? I have never broke in a brand new 1911.
Thump
Levergunner

Post by Thump »

Octagon:

You will find most every shooter has an opinion, here is mine. - - Once ~100-150 rounds have been run through a new pistol - if something is going to happen it probably will happen. - - For me, after 100-150 rounds of live-fire testing a new firearm, if it functions reliabily and within my accuracy expectations; and unless something persistent, strange and unpredictable persists, this is enough.

As for cleaning: when I finish shooting I prefer to store a clean firearm. Again, everyone has a preferred cleaning procedure. - - One practical and efficient cleaning method I use is the Cylinder & Slide "Dunk-It" cleaning system. - - Remove the grips, imerse the pistol for a few minutes, wipe off the excess and clean the bore. Reassemble and for all practical cleaning need you are finished.
"Thump"

OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Hope I can be excused for this being a little OT but, having mentioned the ice sculptures in Cripple Creek (my wife's home town where she grew up) - this year to honor our military - thought some here might enjoy seeing a couple

Actually, it's WW I Victory Medal

And - an old guy who was Battalion Surgeon for a Marine unit - way back some 62 years ago

Spectacular - plus - even in this old mining (now gambling also) town - military honors stand out - gate of cemetery has permanent display of wall of names KIA with a Blackhawk helicopter mounted as in action - I sure admired those guys - they were really sitting ducks much of the time.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

OJ Thanks for posting the cool pictures, my Boy enjoyed the motorcycle. I offer too, my deepest thanks for your service.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

octagon wrote:OJ Thanks for posting the cool pictures, my Boy enjoyed the motorcycle. I offer too, my deepest thanks for your service.
Thanks for those kind words - truth be known, in the long run, I think I benefited most from my service days -

Hope I can be excused one more OT time - my wife grew up in Cripple Creek - her dad owned the pool hall in one of those old buildings and they lived upstairs on the second floor of the building - so - she literally grew up in a pool hall -

In the picture on the left, that five year old girl lining up her pool shot is my wife and the man holding his head - her dad - pic was on front page of the local paper then -

Gambling and rejuvenated mining (gold price up + better mining methods) brought the town on the verge of becoming a ghost town to a thriving community - sidewalks, paved streets and all. Only problem now in our visits is that many old friends are no longer with us to enjoy that prosperity - Life's like that.

Lost the man who was mayor when gambling came in last year - I miss him - he was the only one who would greet me with, "Come in - young man" - he was 2 days and 10 years older than I - he was 94.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Moondawg
Levergunner

Post by Moondawg »

I have a series 70 and had a series 80 both in 45 acp. I have had other makes of the 1911. Both Series 70 and 80 colts are semi collectors items now and rather pricey, at least in this part of the world. I can honestly say that there was nothing magic about either one. After extensive gun smithing the seriers 70 is a good single stack IPSC gun. Out of the box neither was excepitionalaa. You end of pay alot just to have the name colt enggraved on the slide and frame. If I wanted a very good quality 1911, that came from the factory well fit, would feed anything and didn't need several hundred rounds to break in I would get a STI single stack. There are other high quality 1911s on the market better than a colt, for the same price. I can't see spending hard earned money for a gun I plan to shoot and paying extra for the name.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Moondawg I have given a long look at the STI Lawman 5.0. The STI outfit is not a real long way from me and I have been considering a road trip out there to have a look around. Don't know if you can get a tour of the place or not.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

octagon wrote:Moondawg I have given a long look at the STI Lawman 5.0. The STI outfit is not a real long way from me and I have been considering a road trip out there to have a look around. Don't know if you can get a tour of the place or not.
STI is an employee owned company and as such I suspect they're real proud of it and will probably show you around. I hope so as I'd like to hear back! I'm very impressed with what I've seen, heard, and read about that outfit.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Moondawg wrote:I have a series 70 and had a series 80 both in 45 acp. I have had other makes of the 1911. Both Series 70 and 80 colts are semi collectors items now and rather pricey, at least in this part of the world. I can honestly say that there was nothing magic about either one. After extensive gun smithing the seriers 70 is a good single stack IPSC gun. Out of the box neither was excepitionalaa. You end of pay alot just to have the name colt enggraved on the slide and frame. If I wanted a very good quality 1911, that came from the factory well fit, would feed anything and didn't need several hundred rounds to break in I would get a STI single stack. There are other high quality 1911s on the market better than a colt, for the same price. I can't see spending hard earned money for a gun I plan to shoot and paying extra for the name.
Maybe prices are different in your area - I have an original Series 70 made in 1970 (bought it practically unfired, NIB, with manual 8 years ago) and a "repro" made since 2002 Government Models - $800 for the original and $900 for the repro (which I bought new some 6 years ago) seemed like reasonable prices to me - not the lowest but a ong way from the most expensive. They'r in the lower half - maybe even lower third - for me.

I shoot both every week - at least three 8 round magazines through each - often more - and they are accurate, reliable and just don't malfunction. The only gunsmithing was for larger sights, low thumb safeties, and more recently replaced the bushing on the repro with a Brown.

As they looked when I got them -

And now -

I alternate for daily carry - clean them every month - or two and consider them to be as good as any on the market
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER