Gun fever broke

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Gun fever broke

Post by Marlin32 »

My fever for buying a gun broke this morning. Purchased a used Browning BSS 12ga.
I still can't really cross it off of my bucket list as it is not what I am after. I want the Sporter model, English grip. But this was a good deal, a "Korean assembled" gun which makes it less desirable in collectors eyes (which I am not collecting but shooting) Pistol grip non-selective trigger. Had a similar 20ga there, 1499! I took my gun down $175!! I was pretty happy, oh, they didn't want to, but I was pretty happy. It is just for late season beating around with, I am too careful with my Gold Label.

Whilst there, in the gun room, they had plenty of lever guns. 1895, '06 and a Browning version in 30-40 krag. Model 71, some I don't remember, but there was a 25-35, 25-20, 32040, 30-30 (which was a model 64?) and I want to say a 40-82?? I can't remember all of them now. Scheels in Omaha if anyone interested in above.

Also had a S&W 32 ther a Model 31 maybe?? DOn't remember, but thought it might make a nice carry gun in place of a Pocket Positive, it was in good condition, $795. I will wait for a Colt to come up.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gun fever broke

Post by Mescalero »

That model 31 should be to handle my .32 load I wrote about earlier in the week.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Scheels is definitely is more realistic in their used gun pricing than Cabelas. Would rather buy from the local gun shop, but with used you have to go where the guns are. My niece's boyfriend worked with me on a highway job near Fargo in 2010 and he ended up buying two Winchester Model 12's while we were there. He acted like the prices were much better than he had seen in quite a while. Since he and his Dad collected them I figured he knew his stuff. Unfortunately the closest Scheels to St Louis is in Springfield, Il. Buying guns in Illinois is not a fun experience.

Post by willygene »

bought a new lever gun about two weeks ago, fixed that now im back buying horses again dang the fever, guns were cheaper.