Starbucks

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Starbucks

Post by pshort »

Howdy Folks,
I went to Starbucks today in St Cloud, MN.. I didn't see any protesters, or anything unusual going on. I had to chuckle a bit listening to two 300 lb+ women giving the manager some dieting tips!
The cashier had to explain to me what a latte is! I don't get to town much! I had a caramel latte and their version of an egg mcmuffin..
I liked it, I may go back there again..
Then I went to Scheels and picked up a Winchester 94 for dessert!

Paul

ps.. I stopped at 2 banks to get $2 bills, neither had any!!!
Last edited by pshort on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Starbucks

Post by C. Cash »

Coffee and leverguns......not a bad day!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nice desert :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I bought stocking stuffers i.e. gift cards for the kids and a cup of regular coffee. I sent them an email saying "Thanks for sticking to your guns" :lol:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Dang, I forgot to go by. Oh well I'm sure there wasn't any protesters in our town or they'd have been run over by a giant 4X4.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I've spent it by driving 612 miles so far. Would have liked to gone to one. My hats off to them. And just think at all the liberal greenies that dont know they are supporting the CCW cause. Gives me a warm feeling in the guts.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Rusty wrote:Dang, I forgot to go by. Oh well I'm sure there wasn't any protesters in our town or they'd have been run over by a giant 4X4.

Same here. I'll stop tomorrow and get something.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I had coffee there today with my 6 buddies we looked for protestors but saw nothing.
roughcreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by roughcreek »

Only two people in the store I went to. But a long line of cars at the window. They said that was normal for a tues. afternoon. I had just cleaned my 94 and smelled of Hoppes #9. Got Mocha for me and my wife and put 10 buck on her Starbucks card. Paid with a handfull of $2 bills. I had to tell them what was going on.
Roughcreek
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

My favorite Starbucks is just business as usual. Same 5:30am crowd every morning.

It's Texas.

You packin'?

Who cares... ?

:lol:
Last edited by FWiedner on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Dear Tycer,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

Sincerely,

Matthew
customer service
Starbucks
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Traveling on company biz.

Stopped at the Bowling Green university exit on I-71 in OH and at the Clifton Springs travel plaza off I-90 in upstate NY.

Hoped we all gave them a 'bump' they can see in the sales numbers.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I took SightHunter to our local Starbucks and we got a Cinnamon Dolce Latte each. It was a sweet, cinnamon flavored coffee with a lot of cream. Pretty good. I told the girl at the counter that I usually don't go to Starbucks, but that today I was supporting Starbucks for their company policy of staying out of political issues. She said that she appreciated my input, but she didn't know what I meant. Nice kid, but a little bit unconcerned with what is going on around her unless it is about her. I didn't mention to her that it was about concealed carry, but the fact that I went and showed support is enough for me at this point.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I went, there didn't seem to be a boycott of any kind. I didn't know about the $2 bill thing, I actually have one I could have used.

One good thing for the libs, you can't go shooting the same day you drink Starbucks or your groups will be embarrassing. Unless of course you go afterwards.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

It was business as usual at the Starbucks in north Carrollton.

To paraphrase what F Wiedner said,
It's Texas,
You packing?
Who aint'?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I went to Starbucks and didn't notice anything unusual.
The girl that waited on me(which looked like a frigin model) I mentioned I was there to support Starbucks on the guns issue.
She laughed and said "well thank you, and by the way you are not going to believe this but I am an avid skeet shooter and shoot over 200rds @ week :shock:

Went to give her $5 for the coffee(her smile and she liked guns :mrgreen: )she smiled and said "nope,on the house" will be going there more often! :lol: :oops:
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I don't patronize Starbucks for the simple reason is that they serve up coffee that tastes burnt and over-roasted. I also think it's over-priced for what you get. I prefer a couple of locally-owned coffee shops that take pride in buying top-quality product from local vendors.

Both owners are also 2nd Amendment supporters. In fact, one gentleman, when he found out I'm a "gun-guy", said, "You'll love this." invited me to step behind the counter, and showed me a WW2-era Walther P-38, still carrying Nazi proof marks. He uses it as his carry piece while at work. :mrgreen:
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

crs wrote:It was business as usual at the Starbucks in north Carrollton.

To paraphrase what F Wiedner said,
It's Texas,
You packing?
Who aint'?

Not a whole lot different in Okie land :lol:

Met an Army buddy there i hadn't seen in a while --- we discussed the CCW issue briefly as a course of normal conversation -- but i had forgotten about Starbucks supporting CCW :lol:
I was carrying my Det Special and he a compact Glock -- pretty much business as usual -- i should have said something though and will the next time i go there
----- Doug