FEAR PURCHASING....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Re: FEAR PURCHASING....

Post by silverbuzzard »

The "election" was stolen by vote fraud in 5 key states, one was Indiana . Only 22,000 votes put him in the winning count here. That many votes can be cooked up just in Lake and Marion county .
Indiana went Demon last time in ,I think 1960 !!!
The fraud [ Acorn ] has been quietly forgotten about now that the heir to the thrown [ intentional spelling] has settled in and begun to gain control of the world.
He FIRED the head of one of the largest PRIVATE corps in the world ,GM , and the "congress" [ look up meaning in dictionary ], says nothing .
It's not a large jump now to enact "for the good of the people" type laws.
What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

New, first-time owners are buying lots of guns, ammo and reloading supplies. Old shooters who never reloaded are wanting to start. Old reloaders are hoarding. Translates into tremendous demand.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

silverbuzzard wrote: What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked.
Who - me - "normal"? I take that as an INSULT...! :o :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Espada
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Espada »

"What concerns me now are who is buying the guns, all ,or most of all of us normals have been stocked."

Good ! During the American Revolution, only 1/3 of residents were actively engaged in freeing us from English domination; one-third didn't give a darn, and one-third were Tory, active or passive.

Newly interested persons, becoming aware of the fact that life sometimes gets down, dirty, physically hurtful and real, can only help our cause; to get America back to its decent basics.
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by silverbuzzard »

SORRY, DID NOT MEAN TO SAY ANY OF US ARE NORMAL, What was I thinking???
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

OK almost a year since anything was posted on this thread.

But I am going to add this statement: I predict another ramp up of fear purchasing very soon if the healthscare bill passes. Just as soon as people realize that the dems are going to start ramming through every one of their favorite bits of legislative nightmare... including a new gun and ammo ban/tax scheme.

Hold your families close gentlemen and your guns closer.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

O.S.O.K. wrote:OK almost a year since anything was posted on this thread.

But I am going to add this statement: I predict another ramp up of fear purchasing very soon if the healthscare bill passes. Just as soon as people realize that the dems are going to start ramming through every one of their favorite bits of legislative nightmare... including a new gun and ammo ban/tax scheme.

Hold your families close gentlemen and your guns closer.
Agreed. I figure the Dem's realize they are going to get slaughtered this November for the Health Care debacle, so they are going to go for broke between now and then. It is going to be a long, hot summer... :evil:
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Its started already... I am seeing posts about buying guns over on the 24 hr campfire board for example. When the small inventories currently available run out quickly, there will once again be panic...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Me too! I bought 3 this year, my FFL prefers I don't buy more then one a month because of the extra paperwork. That's not my normal actually but I just got an itch for a few that were in the affordable range.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Man, it is strange that the producers haven't caught up with demand yet. There are still all kinds of components and ammo that is unavailable. 380 HP can't be found hardly anywhere.

You'd think they would've caught up by now.

Are people still buying that strong?

Maybe all of the new gun owners or "expanded" gun owners are continueing to buy to build up their inventories, having learned the hard way this last time that the time to buy is before a panic sets in...
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Well sort-of I just wouldn't want to pay the $520 a 1,000 for it, 9mm is less... I don't mind buying 1,000 rounds at a time but not hollow-point for target practice.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I was at the little Melbourne Gun Show here in central Florida over this past weekend. It's strange the way the availability thing is working out.

About three or four months ago I bought large pistol primers (major brands: CCI and Winny's) for $ 34 and this show they were up to $ 38 from the same vendor. This guy is a straight arrow; he lowered the price - he told me - when the distributors lowered theirs. Now, it's back up again a bit.

Here's my take on the whole thing: you guys who re-started this thread, like O.S.O.K, are onto something. So-called "fear purchasing" was subsiding about six or eight months after hussein took office. Then, when it became obvious that the communists in the white house and congress were going to go hog wild in an attempt to pass their whole wish list of oppressions, the public was watching.

You guys are right that this all started ramping back up after the above named commies showed that they'd trample right over the Constitution to have their way. After the "health care" fisasco all bets are off.

My personal approach is to keep shooting weekly, but to try to buy components for rifle and pistol shooting at a greater rate than I use them up for regular shooting. That way the ninnies and creeps in congress don't rob me of my fun, but I'm slowly adding to the TSHTF stocks. It's a little tougher on the pocket, but worth it.

Keep you powder dry boys. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

DixieBoy wrote: My personal approach is to keep shooting weekly, but to try to buy components for rifle and pistol shooting at a greater rate than I use them up for regular shooting. That way the ninnies and creeps in congress don't rob me of my fun, but I'm slowly adding to the TSHTF stocks. It's a little tougher on the pocket, but worth it.

Keep you powder dry boys. - DixieBoy
Good approach DB. I am doing much the same...
Teek
Levergunner

Post by Teek »

OK, I'll admit I bought a DPMS collapsable stock AR-15 16" barrel on election day. That was FEAR. Later I bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle in 6.8...that was more "prudent", I think. Seeing how the "gun" issue is tilted in our favor, in retrospect, the purchaces were SLIGHTLY unwarranted (Hell, I wanted them anyway). I got a couple of good guns I probably wouldn't have, otherwise, though. That's a good thing!

Teek
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

There's no more "fear" just frank understanding of what this Unconstitutional Government has done - especially now with NADA & DOPA.

I took a 1500 FRN inheritance from my wife's gram and bought an HK91 clone.

It's the only MBR that will reliably shoot BP & cast bullets.
:mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I was told that (and knowing this is an OLD topic) the Raleigh show this weekend was full of "panic" buyers. Anyone go?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hobie wrote:I was told that (and knowing this is an OLD topic) the Raleigh show this weekend was full of "panic" buyers. Anyone go?
Sorry. My Teleporter is currently broken.

But given the current Regime and the inevitable Regime (either way) in 2013... It's not Panic, it's preparation.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I'm going through some old posts and with the upcoming election this kinda seems like a new post. I live in Central Illinois and I am seeing less ammo on the shelves. The prices on what is there is going up and reloading supplies are creeping up too. .223 is up about 30% at the local Farm and Fleet and all the handgun rounds are up. Lead bullets are up. I don't know what lead is going for on the market, but I know for fact that scrap steel is down nearly 50%. I sure don't want to stir up a hornets nest and have a bunch of folks think I'm trying to start the whole "panick buying" thing like 4 years ago. I'm just passing along what I am seeing in my area.
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

"Got my phone and a pen", another 3 1/2 years. How many more "bumps in the road" and who will the bumps be?
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

When since the civil war, if even then, have we seen a more hated president, vice president, attorney general and mayor of NY city, all at the same time? We are obviously outnumbered by the ignorant else they wouldn't have been elected to start with. There is no respect from them for the police AND the mentioned ones are the police`s boss`s! North Korea can hack us. We are adopting Cuba when we are already 18 trillion in debt. We are making 20 million illegals-legal, what else am I missing?
The book of Revelation is playing out under our nose`s and few relate to it. It says in the bible that men left here will pray for God to have the mountains to fall on them! When it gets to that point I suspect all the guns and ammo you can carry would only be a unwanted burden as you either will want to die or they will just be excess baggage as you dive for a hole under a rock!
Kind of reminds me of a cartoon I seen at least 50 years ago. It showed this lone last solider in the world standing on earth without a living thing, only smoke and ash`s around him, shows him smiling and shouting, WE WON!
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

Paco it was a darn long 8 YEARS of paving a road to hell. :evil:
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Birdman wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm I'm going through some old posts and with the upcoming election this kinda seems like a new post. I live in Central Illinois and I am seeing less ammo on the shelves. The prices on what is there is going up and reloading supplies are creeping up too. .223 is up about 30% at the local Farm and Fleet and all the handgun rounds are up. Lead bullets are up. I don't know what lead is going for on the market, but I know for fact that scrap steel is down nearly 50%. I sure don't want to stir up a hornets nest and have a bunch of folks think I'm trying to start the whole "panick buying" thing like 4 years ago. I'm just passing along what I am seeing in my area.
I'm not sure I'm central Illinois or not, some people think north of 80 is northern Shitcago land.
Sales here are insane, I'm helping a whole lot of new people buy online and pointing them to inexpensive FFL's that won't r... them.
Getting a FOID however is getting to be a long wait.... Ruled unconstitutional already in a criminal case, new lawsuit filed.

I had been watching the Sig P265, waiting for it to hit under $400 it was as low as $429 and poop happened.
That's ok, they will keep making them.

I've also learned one additional valuable lesson, never buy a carry gun if you can't get a spare barrel.
It's near Chicago you might want to contribute to a local coral reef someday :O
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I have at least one person (often a patient, or drug rep) ask me for advice on "getting a firearm".

Some things I tell them (tailored to their situation):

a) shoot a bunch of guns if possible before you buy.
b) shoot a bunch of 22 LR guns if you're new to guns.
c) decide WHERE you want protection
- on your person
- in vehicle
- in home
d) if ONLY at home, consider a long gun, but otherwise pick a handgun; if only home and vehicle, get a large handgun; if including CCW get one small enough you will really carry it 24/7.
e) accept the fact you may need to change fashion for CCW :roll:
f) realize you may intend only to have a gun for home protection, but then a year from now you need to go to pharmacy to get a prescription, and there are riots and bad things going on; you'll wish you had a CCW gun.
g) for the above reason get your CCW license NOW regardless, and plan on a handgun later even if all you want now is a long gun.
h) once you find the defense-gun that fits your needs, and literally fits your hands and recoil tolerance, buy ANOTHER gun - a 22 LR that is as close as possible to the same mechanism and controls, and then buy at least 1,000 rounds of 22 LR ammo.
i) If that cost seems huge, compare it to 1,000 rounds of whatever your defense gun shoots and celebrate the money you saved, plus now you have a 'backup' gun.
j) practice in a safe and relaxing environment, with realistic drills (i.e. the "Put 5 shots in five, 5" circles at 5 yards in 5 seconds" type thing). Use hearing and eye protection. Have a 'coach' who relaxes you instead of stressing you.
k) once you have shot the first 1,000 rounds, you will be comfortable and confident enough to start shooting your 'real' gun.
l) get some A-Zoom caps and practice gun and magazine manipulation a bunch. Load and unload using non-dominant hand, do it in the dark, etc.
m) plan on 100 rounds with your defense gun to get comfortable with it, and another 400 to get confident with it.
n) use cheap practice ammo for the first 500 rounds, then start trying serious defensive ammo; put at least 100 malfunction-free rounds of that through your gun before relying on it.
o) be sure to fire some weak-hand shots and some intentionally limp-twisted ones with semiautos, to see their threshold for malfunction.
p) slip in an occasional A-Zoom in the middle of a magazine or cylinder and get to where a failure to fire doesn't confuse you or slow you down, but just annoys you as you keep shooting.
q) find other shooters or family members to practice with so all this is FUN and SOCIAL; many shooting games are fun and enable all skill levels to compete.
r) gunproof your kids instead of just kidproofing your guns; do get a good rapid-access safe though.
s) plan on at least $1,000 to $2,000 to get started right...(I do help people who have maybe $250 total to spend and urgent needs, to make bare-minimum selections though).
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

"long gun" for home defense as in a shotgun, not an AR-15.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

David wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm "long gun" for home defense as in a shotgun, not an AR-15.
I dunno . . . my AR-50 pistol with appropriate load is more maneuverable inside walls, holds more ammo, is concealable inside a pancho or long shirt with single point sling, bullet goes where the laser dot is, second shot is quicker than a pump gun, and no concerns about "proper sight picture"... hard to get a shottie to fit into these specs...

just sayin' ... :D
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Grizz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 pm
David wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm "long gun" for home defense as in a shotgun, not an AR-15.
I dunno . . . my AR-50 pistol with appropriate load is more maneuverable inside walls, holds more ammo, is concealable inside a pancho or long shirt with single point sling, bullet goes where the laser dot is, second shot is quicker than a pump gun, and no concerns about "proper sight picture"... hard to get a shottie to fit into these specs...

#1 argument for a shotgun has nothing to do with capacity or maneuverability and it's a big one.
There's just nothing like hearing the rack of a shotgun to get people to leave or give up.
A pistol grip shotgun is just a maneuverable, but by the time you get down the stars it won't matter they are gone.
I guess you could pull and Biden and pop of a couple rounds through the roof.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

David wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:47 pm
#1 argument for a shotgun has nothing to do with capacity or maneuverability and it's a big one.
There's just nothing like hearing the rack of a shotgun to get people to leave or give up.
I believe this to be a falsehood.

All you do by trying to scare an intruder by working the action on your pump gun is to provide an audible indicator of your location and your choice of arms.

I'm thinking that determined intruders likely won't leave until the shooting starts.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

FWiedner wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 pm

All you do by trying to scare an intruder by working the action on your pump gun is to provide an audible indicator of your location and your choice of arms.

I'm thinking that determined intruders likely won't leave until the shooting starts.

Well I know a lot of cops, they all believe in and us this falsehood.
I don't care if they know I'm upstairs that's the point I'm not going stands at the top with a light on.
A determined intruder might not, but then you also darn sure what you are going against, does that make you act differently I'm not so that's so absolute either. Neither guarding the family or clearing the house can be faulted depending on your tactical advantage.

Oh this is said with a smile too, I just KNEW I was picking a fight ;)
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Yeah David BUT, you can set up that sound in your speaker system so it would sound like 3 shotties at once. Maybe Alexa could be trained to bark like a shotgun, or Ring could put the racking tune outdoors... I'll stick with the half-inch AR. ARf ARf

Grizz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 pm

A pistol grip shotgun is just a maneuverable, but by the time you get down the stars it won't matter they are gone.
I guess you could pull and Biden and pop of a couple rounds through the roof.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Whether they pick a pump shotgun or 1911 or Glock or Speed Six or 50 Beowulf AR pistol, the KEY is

p) slip in an occasional A-Zoom in the middle of a magazine or cylinder and get to where a failure to fire doesn't confuse you or slow you down, but just annoys you as you keep shooting.

I think if they fire at least a thousand rounds of rimfire through a similar-configuration gun and then at least 500 rounds through their defensive gun, whatever they select will be sufficient to do the job because they will be pretty competent with it.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 pm Whether they pick a pump shotgun or 1911 or Glock or Speed Six or 50 Beowulf AR pistol, the KEY is

I think if they fire at least a thousand rounds of rimfire through a similar-configuration gun and then at least 500 rounds through their defensive gun, whatever they select will be sufficient to do the job because they will be pretty competent with it.
Whilst I applaud the fact that the number of gun owners has increased it is my opinion that if these folks have only JUST decided having a firearm is sensible then they are not the most sensible of people. The few that would follow the Doc's excellent advice will be far outnumbered by the majority who will put their new purchase away in a safe place and just hope and pray they never have to fire it.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I agree on the high volume of 'new gun buyers' being both a blessing (more gun owners, more stakeholders against 'gun control') and a curse (more negligent discharges, more borderline-judgement people buying guns, so more newspaper stories about 'legal/licensed gun owners' doing something wrong).

Our role has to be to FIND those 'newbies' and EDUCATE them. They may in some cases already know us, and may have already said "Hey, I just bought/am going to buy a gun, and wondered if you would take me to the range," but far more will not do that. If anyone here knows of a person who is a 'newbie', please try to strike up a conversation and make the offer to help them along....make it FUN if possible - many of these folks just see a gun as some sort of Talisman against home intruders, but not something that can actually be a source of recreation as well. After all, it is the 'recreational use' that helps people get familiar enough with their firearm to be safe, and comfortable enough with it to be effective.

Take a newbie to the range.....!

David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but it's interesting that guns in the homes have skyrocketed and I just haven't seen all accidental discharge accidents or whatever it is that make it more dangerous to have a gun in the home.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

This is an old thread and once agin what goes around comes around -

shelves are barren of ammo, and i feel "wise" to have scored my MP5 back in Novemeber before election

Who would have thought though that another pressing matter and perhaps more insidious and damaging is that plywood prices have quadrupled ? Along with many other basic building materials

The world is getting even more weird
----- Doug
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

David wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:43 pm
FWiedner wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Well I know a lot of cops, they all believe in and us this falsehood.
I don't care if they know I'm upstairs that's the point I'm not going stands at the top with a light on.
A determined intruder might not, but then you also darn sure what you are going against, does that make you act differently I'm not so that's so absolute either. Neither guarding the family or clearing the house can be faulted depending on your tactical advantage.

Oh this is said with a smile too, I just KNEW I was picking a fight ;)
Well, from personal experience: I recall a burglary call and climbing a 6' block wall and hearing a lever chamber a round. I jumped back down as a round went off. After backup arrived, I found a stolen Marlin 336 in the field. So the sound was a give-a-way. On the hand, while clearing a auto stereo shop, we caught three guys in a building. I found them and pointed a Rem 870 pump at them. They looked around ready to run. I racked a round and all of them went prone immediately. It was actually pretty funny. So...it depends on the situation. Most burglars don't want any confrontations. Home invasions are different. They expect people to be home. Just be proficient in what you choose be it a baseball bat or 50 BMG!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Academy Sports and Outdoors location in Waxahachie suddenly has their shelves full of 5.56, 7.62x39, and 12 gauge rounds.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

piller wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 pm Academy Sports and Outdoors location in Waxahachie suddenly has their shelves full of 5.56, 7.62x39, and 12 gauge rounds.
At what prices? They had a bunch back in late May, mid June at the Academy in Joplin, MO. But their prices were such that I just let 'em set. I DID spring for a couple of pounds of powder that showed up. It was on the high end of "pre-election", but not as bad as other places I saw it.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prices were up by about $2 per box pre-CoVid proces.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost