PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Post by 1894c »

My Patrol Sergeant gave me a new flashlight the other day--PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight. Used it last night on patrol (graveyard New Year's Eve--what a war zone). The best flashlight I have ever owned, incredibly bright, the distance of the beam is amazing. I only mention it here because this would be a good flashlight to have at home or on location at camp, hunting or recreational, they do make a smaller model. I've pasted some other info--and I do apologize for the OT... :)

Pelican’s all new full size, full power 8060 LED is packed with the most advanced technology found in any duty light on the market. Powered by a rechargeable NiMH battery pack or 4C cells, the Pelican™ 8060 LED is the longest running duty light today.
Full size equals full performance and, at almost 13 inches in length, you can be sure that your 8060 will deliver in any emergency. Six hours of run time and 190 lumens of output ensures that your light will keep burning even when all hell breaks loose.
List of features that includes a no-slip grenade grip and optional in-vehicle charger. 8060 LED. **The 8060 LED can be used with 4C alkaline batteries (not included). When using this type of battery the peak light output is 190 lumens and the burn time is eleven hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Post by Old No7 »

Thanks for the tip, as I am gradually converting all flashlights to LEDs.

Here's the pix for all others to view.
Pelican 8060 LED.jpg
That's not a "cheap" light, but with LEDs especially, I do think you get what you pay for; and for LEO use -- I'd want a good one too! :wink:

Thanks for the post, and your service too.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
1894c

Re: OT- PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Post by 1894c »

I think the Dept I'm a LE Chaplain for bought them at $140.00 a piece, but if it lasts it'll be worth it. I have found that the "sheep-dogs" (slang term for an LEO) I hang with appreciate a quality flash-light, especially when life hits the fan. That's why I thought it might be helpful to some here... :)

Old No7 -- thank you for the comment--my service is simply giving back to those who
watch our backs--the LEO's are the ones doing the heavy lifting... code-4
Last edited by 1894c on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Post by KirkD »

Good info on that light. Thanks for posting.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
piller
Posting leader...

Re: PELICAN’s 8060 LED Flashlight

Post by piller »

Thanks for the post, and thanks for your service. For a homeowner, a bright light might just be what prevents you from shooting your kid when they sneak in at 1:30 am because you can see what is really going on.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost