Holster recommendations for Ruger SR9c

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Holster recommendations for Ruger SR9c

Post by stew71 »

Just bought a Ruger SR9c for my CCW permit. Haven't decided exactly how I plan to carry it just yet. Holster recommendations from anyone who carries one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Holster recommendations for Ruger SR9c

Post by AJMD429 »

About anything works (including a pants pocket) if you don't have a laser on it.

If you have a rail-mount laser, even the tiny ones, it messes up with most holsters except some of the larger soft/suede ones for PT-92 (Taurus) or 1911 guns maybe.

If you have the CrimsonTrace integral laser that mounts on the rail/trigger guard, it is also a bit bulky, but the holster that CrimsonTrace sells for it off their website works perfectly. It is a rigid (Kydex?) one that has the wide flat part that slips inside the pants, with the gun hanging outside the belt.

The latter holster is not my favorite, but I really like the concept of a laser on a self-defense gun; if you've just been knocked down, for instance, and have to shoot from an awkward position, instead of a 'Weaver stance' with sights lined up.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

If IWB is your cup of tea, try the Simplyrugged.com using their inside outs (belt loops.) SimplyRugged has built holsters for my .45C Ruger Vaquero and FNP .40S&W--both excellent!.

rimrock
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Check two places. Crossbreed holsters for totally functional. El Paso Saddlery for functionality and style.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

is there a holster out there that makes a Ruger SR9 look like a Colt SAA Sheriff's Model with ivory grips? --- If so, thats what i would be looking into !

(its after midnight in Okiehoma and the JAck Daniels is flowing slowly - sorry)
----- Doug
DBCinID
Levergunner

Post by DBCinID »

Stew71,

How do you like the SR9? I have contemplated getting one, but never had a chance to shoot one.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I love my Ruger SR9c, never failed to go bang and cycle, fits well, not to small, just a nice pointing pistol. I use a kydex holster inside the pants with a small metal clip, slight tug on the shirt and it is covered. It was made by COM Center of Mass, I also got a mag holder fromthem.
www.comkydex.com Nice guy runs it out of ID.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

dkmlever wrote:I love my Ruger SR9c, never failed to go bang and cycle, fits well, not to small, just a nice pointing pistol. I use a kydex holster inside the pants with a small metal clip, slight tug on the shirt and it is covered. It was made by COM Center of Mass, I also got a mag holder fromthem.
http://www.comkydex.com Nice guy runs it out of ID.
Awesome. Thanks for the intel.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.