I despise road hunters !!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I despise road hunters !!!!

Post by Pitchy »

ATV`s another sore subject for me, back and forth down the road all summer, get sick of listening to them. Ain`t unusual to see them loaded with kids going right down the highway. Just another thing man has to abuse and ruin the country with. Great thing if used responsibly but that isn`t the case alot of times.
I`ve thought and been told to buy land by state land before and have thought about it but i agree with you that it just gives them the right to get closer to ya.
I`m not sure if there is a place to find peace anymore unless ya want to live out in the plains in ND, which wouldn`t be so bad other than for the wind and winter.
I don`t know but i want to live somewhere else before i die, with the way my family is i don`t even want to be buried here next to them or have them come to my funeral and act like they care.
I`m kinda with Joe and thinking maybe Arizona would be nice, at least the north part.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

This thread strikes home for me too. Just yesterday I went up through the top end of my place checking stackyards (I have a neighbor with breachy cows). My cattle are still up on a different place where the snow has been blown off the feed a little. Anyway when I get up there and look there are four wheeler tracks all over the place and lots of them. They have been driving the brushlines over and over. Looks like the last three or four days someone has been in there hunting pretty hard. Called my neighbors (mostly my cousins and uncles) and nobody knew. Finally one uncle thought is was a guy who'd come and asked to moose hunt. He'd not asked me, but said he had my permission.
I will catch up to him when he's in here next. I let most everyone with a moose tag come in and hunt, all they have to do is ask. That way I can keep track of who's been there. I am moving cattle in there this week and don't like a bunch of shooting around them. I also like them to walk through the place. I've had some bad ruts wore in the soft spots in my hay meadows that take a long time to get out. This guy on the four wheeler apparently likes to spin cookies a lot too. Seems to treat my place like it's his own. I will put a halt to that.
It is guys like this that give landowners a negative view of letting people on your place to hunt. By the time you get through picking up garbage and putting fence back up, or shutting gates, you get a gut full of it. Let alone the cattle that come home with arrows or bullets in them.
I once had to pull a guy out of a boggy spot in my hay field. He was there without permission and drove right out there in the water and sunk his truck to the frame in my good hay field! There are lot's of idiots in this world.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

And the laws have made it so they keep getting away with it, bet if ya caught someone trespassing and slapped the living stuff out of them and beat their four wheeler with a sledge hammer they`ed think twice about doing it again.
I wonder how much trouble i`d get in if i went to the suburbs in MPLS and trespassed and tore up a few lawns.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

In NYS if you get caught on someone's posted land(your screwed)automatically a criminal offense.
If someone is doing ANY type damage to ANYTHING on poster's property (another criminal offense)and it don't take much to become a felony.
Under NYS landowner rights the tresspasser can be held at gunpoint (or other means)for the law to take them away.

I might get some flak on this but Pitchy----wanna get serious dude?

1) post your complete sureveyed property boarder(all 4 side)post it every frigin 100ft with new bright signed posters.
2)Other than you/wife/your kids let-----NO ONE hunt/hike/walk your land---period.
3)If you catch someone-----------be a arrogant idiot and go the full route.(let neighbors/friends/all know you are not the man to screw with.
4)install----------
http://www.123securityproducts.com/123-dvr674bkit.html
You take no prisoners! you get serious and fix it.
If that means for a while you need to sit up all night and monitor you do it.

Here's the deal-----------
If someone that owns a good amount of land really wants control of it(you need to control all)
If you catch anyone(their done) word gets out/pretty soon the stuff will stop.

Also-----------I have a BIL that owns his own Insurance Company.
You know who he says are the biggest problem (most filings)for landowners legally?(their own relatives,other than household family)
Being there is small game including also Turkey seasons/big game,deer bear etc./bow season/gun season/muzzle loader season when the he## can you be assured someone/or maybe a friend of a friend of a friend hasn't come on you.????

If you know when you walk the land(its ONLY you)then that's the way it goes down.
the phrase(your reputation precedes you)was derived for a purpose.

If there was a pot of gold in the middle of your woods(that could not be moved by you/but could be by someone else(how would you protect it?
Same with your land!
Not saying that if you want to invite some leverguns guy up for a hunt with ya is bad(but you need 100% control)
It's nice when your in the middle of your nowhere and take a dump----------no need to hide behind nothing. :wink:

My general feeling with neighbors(if you indeed have enough of your own for hunting)keep em off and tell them same rules----you hunt yours and I'll hunt mine! :wink:

Ok------ready for it to come back :?:

Cause most that flak back don't own their own big piece of hunting land---I reckon?
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

What aggravates me the most is a person is supposed to look forward to deer season and this kind of stuff ruins it.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thank goodness there is almost unlimited public-available land to hunt up here in Washington. :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I just might move out there too, do some shootin with you and Kim and my old buddy. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pitchy wrote:I just might move out there too, do some shootin with you and Kim and my old buddy. 8)
If you visit, you have a place to rest.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks, next summer something is going to happen. :wink:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I went with my nephew for Washington's deer opener. Just went along for the trip, as I am an Oregon resident and already had my deer tag filled. His father in law has 80 acres backed up to DNR land and no other access, so he figured he'd have a place to himself. Nobody ever uses the property, he thought.
We went in opening morning and were confronted by some local residents who wanted to know how we got in there, and told us we were trespassing! My nephew explained we came through HIS family's private land, and asked, "Now how the heck did YOU get in here?"
The other guys began to stammer and back peddle. Before they could answer he told them they could make one more trespass on the property on their way out, or he'd call the state police.
Some people regularly trespass, and eventually begin to think they own the right to do so, just becasue they've done it so long!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I have a problem with having to post land period. The basic rule of "Ask First" always stems from the fact that you don't have to know who owns it, you just have to remember that you don't. No one can convince me that it is OK to hunt somewhere, even if no permission was granted, simply because it was unposted and I have no respect for those that think otherwise.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of good posts here. :D Heated a bit too. :D OK, my turn....again.

Pitchy is not talking about driving around in a car/truck on private dirt roads on land they have permission to hunt on. He's talking about dirtbag lazy daytime poachers who drive around on public roads, then blast, get their animal and drive away.......fast. Big difference.

Forget whats legal--you just don't shoot nothing on private land, whether its posted or not or whether its from a car or even if you walked in with full orange---period. Predatory type humans will put a twist on anything to justify their actions. We are all capable of thinking and we all KNOW right from wrong----we know its wrong to go on to other's land just as its wrong to jump in a vehicle thats not ours.

Don't we all feel a little strange knocking on a stranger's door even if the intentions are OK? Why should their land be any different? Legal or not---its called respect Shooting from a car (or a few feet away) just tells me the individuals are sociopathic predators who only care about themselves and to H**l with everybody else.

Sure, we can all innocently cross property lines in the woods----Pitchy is not talking about that---you guys get his drift.

Pitchy, Should I tell the boys what I experienced yesterday---with my best bud of 30 years?-----------Sixgun

OK boys---This is what I experienced yesterday---I'll make my private message that I made to Pitchy public. here it is, word for word.

Thanks Pitchy,
I just got in last night from 2 days of turkey hunting at my best friends mountain in upstate Pa. I'll check out your post. ***** owns ******* and is a millionaire a dozen times over.........check this s**t out below.

Funny thing, **** and I have been buds for more years than I can count. On the first day of turkey hunting, the weather was great and while I did not see nothing, I had a great time, then..............the next day it was spitting rain and ***** says to me, "You want to road hunt?" I figured we would just drive around on his many trails and bulls*it, not expecting anything. Well, we get in his Yukon and he starts driving on the regular roads. I says," what the ***k are you doing?". he says, "were going road hunting." I shut my mouth.

After about 15 minutes he sees a flock of 30-40 turkeys at the base of a mountain about 1/4 mile away in an open field. He says, "I'm gonna get one". I says, "your call as I won't have nothing to do with it". He says, "why, its legal and the land is not posted". I says, "It may be legal, but its still private land and ANYBODY can kill animals like that." He says, "I'm still going, you sit in the Yukon and pick me up in a half hour or 45 minutes down the road a bit."

I say, "OK". He leaves and starts his walk---I make sure my rifle is unloaded and even my carry piece is unloaded--in case a cop or game warden drops by. I'm sitting in the drivers seat, got the heater and radio on and then went to sleep! He comes back in an hour or so and is mad as hell at me for not picking him up. He is soaking wet. I tell him I fell asleep and to go ***k himself as only my wife can hollar at me.

The best part is when he told me that he was getting ready to shoot, another guy was doing the exact same thing (road hunting) and came in from the other side and scared all the turkeys away! Ha!

I lost a lot of respect for him right there but as we have been buds a long time, I'll forget about it and will react differently in the future to his wims and wants.-------------------------------Jack

I did have a good time---on the first day! :D (Remington Model 25 in 32-20)

Sent: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:20 pm

View message
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I have a friend who lives on 20 acres of Hawaiian Homestead land in Kahikinui, Maui with his wife and 2 young sons. This place is way out in the boonies, and totally off the grid so they live with oil lamps, and Coleman stoves, and lanterns with no phone, and catchment water. This area is so remote that it gets no cell phone signals either. They are pretty isolated about 30 miles from the nearest police, and on unimproved highway. This area has allot of game including goats, pigs, and deer. Their house is about 200 yards downslope from the road, and late at night a couple times a month poachers cruise the road with bright spotlights to jack-light deer. This home as surrounded by tall hedges to protect from the constant strong trade winds so at night it is difficult to even tell there is a house there. They have bullet holes in there walls from irresponsible idiots shooting at deer at night in their direction. TOTALLY illegal to do of course. They have had to shine lights back and shoot warning shots in the air for their safety. These idiot poachers always take off in a panic. Police and DLNR Officers too lazy to respond after reports filed. Thank goodness so far nobody injured or killed. :x
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

BlaineG wrote:
earlmck wrote:Uh 0h, Pitchy's P.O.'d. Wonder what he'll invent to mess up them road hunter's activities?
:o :o :o

Then you do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hCyQIWm ... re=related
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Proud of ya Jack and to know ya, good going bud. 8)
And that`s the same answer i gave ya in the pm. :P :lol:

FCMJ wow guess there isn`t anywhere to get away from it is there. :x
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
earlmck wrote:Uh 0h, Pitchy's P.O.'d. Wonder what he'll invent to mess up them road hunter's activities?
:o :o :o

Then you do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hCyQIWm ... re=related
That should do the trick. 8) :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.