Time To Reorganize

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Time To Reorganize

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Time To Reorganize

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Steve: You're a sick man. I can't even find my bench under all the stuff. It takes me 20 minutes just scraping the clutter off to locate the bench surface. Reloading is supposed to be aggravating and frustrating, and you are making it seem like a pleasant, orderly, and even productive exercise.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I think it looks great and it also looks to maximize your space. I wish I was as organized as you on my bench. :wink:
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

I'm with Bill in Oregon, I can't remember the last time I seen my bench. I now work off of two portable benches and have completely surrendered my loading bench to "stuff."

You are very well organized, and it looks good, but it's kinda creepy. :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That's amazing. I've done my loading with the hand press at the coffee table the last few times because the real bench is a foot deep with clutter. I should take a day and get things seperated into containers based on caliber. I got a Dillon gifted to me by a bud two years ago, and it's not even together yet :roll: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Here's mine on a relatively orderly day:

I can't begin to tell you why I have that big circa-1910 hand drill sitting there ...

:roll:
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I'm afraid I'm in there with Bill and Idiot. You're scaring me, Steve! Sure looks great, I'll have to admit.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

That is one tidy ship!
Very nice Steve :mrgreen:
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

After seeing your bench Steve, I don't think that I will post a pick of mine until I at clean it up a bit. Mine has never been that neat.

Looks great though.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Nice Steve -- as always :D --- Mine stays pretty neat too, i can't concentrate with too much clutter -- but i have roughly 20% of the equipment that you do so it is easier to keep it straight
----- Doug
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I saw a TV show where the reason the bad guy was found out was because he was "too neat". Do I need to say more? :wink: Seriously, that looks good.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Sounds like you are finding that the major drawback to retirement is that there are no days off. Great set-up.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Steve: You're a sick man. I can't even find my bench under all the stuff. It takes me 20 minutes just scraping the clutter off to locate the bench surface. Reloading is supposed to be aggravating and frustrating, and you are making it seem like a pleasant, orderly, and even productive exercise.
:lol: me too :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Steve, Your bench is amazingly organized. Mine looks more like Bill's, on a good day. I usually have other little projects scattered on it.

Bill, That is one cool drill press. Does the table lift up to the drill?

Kevin
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Idiot wrote:I'm with Bill in Oregon, I can't remember the last time I seen my bench. I now work off of two portable benches and have completely surrendered my loading bench to "stuff."
Heck, I've surrendered my whole BARN to "stuff"... :lol: :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Steve, you've got a serious problem :) and I'd like you to come over and share your problem with me soon!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Brilliant!!! Well done.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Love it! inspires me to clean off the bench this weekend. I've been meaning to for a month now, and it just irritates me no end when it starts collecting junk. Problem is, I'm to blame - no one is crazy enough in my house to leave anything on my reloading bench. I established a long time ago that anything left on it would be promptly put in the trash (except when I do it myself!).
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That almost looks like a museum set.
Old Law Dawg
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Man! I almost hate to admit what I found in my shop one evening a year or so ago... I needed to load some bp rounds and was in there reloading all afternoon. As the sun went down I noticed the 4-tube flourescent fixture directly over my Dillon wasn't working.

I reached up and "fiddled" with the tubes... still no light. So... I took my framing hammer handle I use as a mold mallet and whacked the end of the fixture where the ballast is. It tained twigs & debris, and momma squirrel high-tailed off the fixture, across the romex andthe wall header, jumpin' joists like an Olympic hurdler!

I cleaned off the nest and found 5 baby squirrels. Dispatched them, and now regularly inspect for more squatters!

Bill, your bench is neat & tidy... since I took this pic ~2006, I've added a Seaco lubri-sizer, a 2nd Dilllon, 2nd RCBS powder stand and a Rockchucker.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I've got an an 8'x3' bench with about 20"x10" of clear space right in the middle.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Steve: You're a sick man. I can't even find my bench under all the stuff. It takes me 20 minutes just scraping the clutter off to locate the bench surface. Reloading is supposed to be aggravating and frustrating, and you are making it seem like a pleasant, orderly, and even productive exercise.
bench--what bench--was I suppose to have a bench--oh that place where everything else ends up--yeah my reloading bench :)
Seriously--Steve your reloading area is amazing--more than amazing--thanks for sharing.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Thanks guys. I actually have an 'excuse' for it being so neat all the time; in fact I have two. First, and most important is the fact that my bench is in our completed walkout basement where everyone can see it and so the wife laid down the law when I first set it up by saying quietly, "It stays clean or it's gone!!" Being married for over 38 years, I understood the firmness of that statement.

Second, I'm a bit of a neat freak myself simply because I have the absolutely astounding ability to lose things when I set them down. It's not because I'm 64 and forget, but rather I've been that way all my life. My wife once told me after helping me look for something without success for something like 1/2 hour that, "You could lose a piece of paper on a clean desk!" and unfortunately she's right. So, to keep my sanity and limit the things that go missing to a minimum, I've developed into an organizer. If I have a place for everything, I can find it when I need it vs if I just set things down randomly, they just seem to disappear.
Steve
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Well, me and Griff are about on the same page (and it sounds like a bunch of others too). I commend you Griff for being man enough to post the picture after Steve put his up. I refuse to do so :oops: .
Seriously, looks great. Problem is, I wouldn't know how to use a good portion of it. Everything I have is a lot simpler. That's probably for the best.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well, in my defense... "oh, yes dear, there ain't any defense for being a slob..."; my reloading setup is in the workshop out in the barn. The feed room & horse stalls are hers, the workshop is mine. I know, because she told me, "the shop is yours."

There's a torn... er, disassembled, '55-½ Chevy 3100 shortbed p/u, a 427 & 350 v-8, roll-away toolbox, a 16x20 wall tent, 7 24' teepee poles and misc shop tools all camoflaged in there! :P :oops: Since I spend about 300 ddays a year on the road, dirt accumulation makes cleaning a daunting task. I used to clean it every few days when I was working in town. I need an air compressor to just blow all that topsoil back out in the pastures! :P :P Well, one should save a coupla projects for retirement, right? :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well now I am even "greener" with envy, but that's Oregon Ducks green!