Rain

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Rain

Post by jeepnik »

Well now, two days of rain this week, and it's only the first week of November. If we keep this up, the folks who always cry drought will have to change their signs to warn us of flooding. You can't win either way, but at least it will shut up one faction for a bit.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rain

Post by kimwcook »

Weather's all messed up. Went to a nephew's football game last night and I didn't warm up until I got home and went to bed. It's been around 20F in the mornings for a couple days and heavy frost.
Old Law Dawg
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Was reading on my weather site a bit ago. Guess this is another "La Nina" year and supposed to then be another cool, wet one for us northwesterners. After the nicest summer I've ever seen and then one of the finer falls, I guess a little winter shouldn't cause me to whine. Well, until about the third day in a row of it, maybe. :D
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

We've had .73 inch of rain over the past 72 hours in Medford, Oregon. It kinda went from shirt-sleeve to parka over night. YECH!
They've had three inches or more on the coast, though, and that means the fall chinook salmon are surging into the estuaries. YUM!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Raining hard in Arizona now, we had a heavy rain the other day, and we've not even got into the winter rain season yet! It's nuts.

Hey I'll take it up to a point, but the cold that came with it can go away.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

We've been awful cold. A foot of snow last week, still have most of it. It was -1 two days ago and we haven't been above 25 for a week. I may have to start feeding my young/old cows if we don't either get some wind or a warm spell. Good Godfrey, we just finished feeding cows the first of June. Seems like we didn't even have summer.
Doing chores (feeding weaner calves) I can walk a team and wagon over the ice. I would love a warm up.