Hunting from a junk car

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hunting from a junk car

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:On the post 6pt had (Phillipines 09) direct quote of his---------------Hunting birds adventure.
We hunted from blinds on the edge of a cliff or bluff about 90 feet above sea level and waited for the birds to land in the treetops .
Let me be clear,any and all birds I have ever shot since after the age of 12 have been on the ground(turkeys and such)or while in flight.
to hunt in a blind and wait for the birds (Pigeons) to land in the trees and snipe them is in my opinion (cheating again)
What do they say about cheating ----Once a ----------- always a ---------------
Maybe he picked it up over there but here that's not being a sportsmen.(or was that only meat gathering too)? Over there yup!

At least he could have shot them in the air?
Pitiful! Reminds me of some 8 year old sniping the poor birds with his BB gun from mommy's bird bath.
But at least the 8 year old wasn't in a blind!
But again, heck it was probably legal over yonder, so?
I don't feel the need to explain my actions to you as you've shown me quite well that you are incapable of seeing anything but your own little narrow BS !

If you wanna trapse around in the NY woods or where ever you may be do so and have at it !

Just don't ever set foot on any of my property leases or whatever !

But then I doubt if you have the comprehension or reading ability to understand what a POSTED sign means !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:
6pt-sika wrote: I've skinned , gutted and cut up as many as 7 in a day by myself !
Thats impressive! Did any of 'em bite back? :D ---------Sixgun
No do you :lol:

For the record not all of those deer were killed by me !
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

harry wrote:All I can say is madman4570 you must be one sick puppy, you must have been saving that post of 6pt's for 2 years just so you could throw it back at him.
Harry
Harry, that truely was not the case(saving anything for use for something)
I just have in my view my posts any and all things I commented on.It just is there,saves it automatically.
But you are right,I looked for that. Sure did!
I spent 5 mins viewing that one to show because he also is not without sin on this topic.(know,to turn it around,who is he to insist all animals are the same to whoever?)
I wanted to make a point cause I was ticked,no saving/long searching nothing.Just wanted to return the rounds that was coming from his direction.

Anyhow-----------------------This battle of words is getting no one nowhere and doing no one any good,so with me I will step back and let bygones be bygones if that is acceptable to those that feel the want.(if not,I won't lose any sleep over it)
Sick puppy??? Been called that before---------however harry I like dogs! :D
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

harry wrote:All I can say is madman4570 you must be one sick puppy, you must have been saving that post of 6pt's for 2 years just so you could throw it back at him.
Harry
I'm actually surprised he could read it and have enough knowledge of a PC to find it again :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote: Anyhow-----------------------This battle of words is getting no one nowhere ! :D

For once I might and this is a HUGE MIGHT !

Might agree :lol:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

See folks-----------Come on now who is cranking who.
Hey 6pt------ole buddy, next month I have to take a trip down to North Carolina for a wedding.
How bout I stop over at your town all in good spirits now ,and we put on the old gloves(Someone on here can ref)and we settle this like true gentlemen.All in good clean fun and only if you want too.(kinda a friendly little North vs South thing)
But, all I need for legal reasons is for you to sign a waiver of concent as I will do the same. Everyone hear this as proof (if he accepts, though probably I am stupid I will only use my feet and one arm)
That's more than fair---isn't it? All in good clean very friendly fun of course. :wink:
Let us know on here when we can get together again being (friendly of course and only if you want to)and lets settle this like the true sportsmen we are.
Or----------Heck,You can come up here--------------PM me for address? If you do and agree I will even buy you dinner!

Now,back to this post lets have the name calling/insults stop here!
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

madman4570 wrote:
Enough on this topic-----------------I am done/wasting my time! If someone can't understand that------------Tough!
He said a day-and-a-half ago.
:roll: :roll: :? :? :lol: :lol:
Georgia On My Mind
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:See folks-----------Come on now who is cranking who.
Hey 6pt------ole buddy, next month I have to take a trip down to North Carolina for a wedding.
How bout I stop over at your town all in good spirits now ,and we put on the old gloves(Someone on here can ref)and we settle this like true gentlemen.All in good clean fun and only if you want too.(kinda a friendly little North vs South thing)
But, I need is for you to sign a waiver as I will. Everyone hear this as proof (if he accepts, I will only use my feet and one arm)
That's more than fair---isn't it? All in good clean very friendly fun of course.
Let us know on here when we can get together again being (friendly of course)and settle this like true sportsmen.
Or----------You can come up here--------------PM me for address? If you do I will buy you dinner!

No can do in NY or VA ........ However there are 45 other states and a Republik in the continental USA . However dinner is not necessary but you need to provide your own ride to the ER :lol:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

redlevel42 wrote:
madman4570 wrote:
Enough on this topic-----------------I am done/wasting my time! If someone can't understand that------------Tough!
He said a day-and-a-half ago.
:roll: :roll: :? :? :lol: :lol:

I wasn't paying attention I never saw that one :shock:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

6pt-sika wrote:
But, I need is for you to sign a waiver as I will. Everyone hear this as proof (if he accepts, I will only use my feet and one arm)
That's more than fair---isn't it? All in good clean very friendly fun of course.
Let us know on here when we can get together again being (friendly of course)and settle this like true sportsmen.
Or----------You can come up here--------------PM me for address? If you do I will buy you dinner!

No can do in NY or VA ........ However there are 45 other states and a Republik in the continental USA . However dinner is not necessary but you need to provide your own ride to the ER :lol:
Chance needing ER ride----------99.993% Not :o :lol:
I just looked up the faces topic again :o
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

But, all I need for legal reasons is for you to sign a waiver of concent as I will do the same. Everyone hear this as proof (if he accepts, though probably I am stupid I will only use my feet and one arm)
That's more than fair---isn't it? All in good clean very friendly fun of course. :wink:
Let us know on here when we can get together again being (friendly of course and only if you want to)and lets settle this like the true sportsmen we are.
Or----------Heck,You can come up here--------------PM me for address? If you do and agree I will even buy you dinner!

Madman,
Never argue with a game hog or one who has the IQ of a stalk of celery. The Good Lord takes care of those who murder His creations.-------------Sixgun oooooooooooooooo...ZINGER!!! :lol:
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

Think what you will :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:

Madman,
Never argue with a game hog or one who has the IQ of a stalk of celery. The Good Lord takes care of those who murder His creations.-------------Sixgun oooooooooooooooo...ZINGER!!! :lol:
I just consider the source and in your case it doesn't matter :wink:
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, I will tell you if that junk car was in the right place, I wouldn't hesitate to hunt out of it. I have shot plenty of deer out of the window of a truck on private property. I have also killed several out of a tree stand with both gun and bow, but I have also shot a large portion from the ground, by just standing or leaning against a tree, sometimes sitting down with my back against a tree, and I have killed quite a few by just walking or still hunting as they say. And sometimes from a popup blind, and sometimes from a permanent ground blind, espacally when hunting in Texas, However I love to still hunt in the Texas Hill Country, but usually cannot because I would end up walking over another hunter or just plain running out of Real estate, that I have permission to hunt, then you're often screwed, because of the wind being in the wrong direction, when you have to change directions.

Unless one is hunting in the big woods or a large ranch, it usually makes more sense to stand hunt, then to still hunt, for no other reason then one ends up agrivating other hunters by invading their stand location, so out of necessity we have become a nation of stand hunters, but even hunting from a tree is no guarantee of killing a deer, not by a long shot, and it has it own dangers and hard work associated with it's use, and it also requires patience, sometimes more then I have to sit still for a long time.

I prefer to hunt from the ground while carrying in only my rifle or bow and hunting vest, and maybe a little cover scent, but one thing I hate about hunting from the ground is the fact that I have often noticed that deer mill around a lot, and will often mill around in a complete circle, and eventually detecting me from the ground, when they finally get downwind. This is not much of a problem if I plan on taking the first deer that comes along, but if I want to let everything walk except a nice buck, my morning will often get blown, after some loudmouth doe sounds off the alarm. In this case a tree stand does help some, but it's no guarantee, as the wind in the Ozarks hills often blows in all four directions over the time span of only a few minutes, and whips back and forth, with down drafts and updrafts too.

So sometimes I will pick a stand, where deer don't mill arround much, actually some of favorite stands are just crossings where deer will cut the corner of a field or cross a saddle, and often they will run across these areas when under pressure, requiring a running shot. Oh I forgot to mention I take running shots also, but I am a good running shot, however I am sure that also violates the ethics of some of you. :wink:
NRA Life Member, Patron
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

Entirely unnecessary , guys - a 6 page thread with roughly 4 1/2 pages being devoted to bickering and now we are down to thinly veiled threats and braggadacio
----- Doug
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

I wasn't going to post to this, but I will say that I wouldn't climb in a junk car in the wilderness for anything. All I've ever seen down here were shot full of bullet holes. Junk car means "TARGET PRACTICE"!! to many.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Chas. wrote:I wasn't going to post to this, but I will say that I wouldn't climb in a junk car in the wilderness for anything. All I've ever seen down here were shot full of bullet holes. Junk car means "TARGET PRACTICE"!! to many.
+1
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

harry wrote:
Chas. wrote:I wasn't going to post to this, but I will say that I wouldn't climb in a junk car in the wilderness for anything. All I've ever seen down here were shot full of bullet holes. Junk car means "TARGET PRACTICE"!! to many.
+1
Well, you do have a point there. I wouldn't crawl in one, on public ground, only one on private property that is controlled at least somewhat.

That's one reason I won't hunt in a Gilly Suite, it's just not human enough and could get one shot, however I have a couple of nephews that use them.
NRA Life Member, Patron
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I wish could back in time and never posted about my friends hunting from their junk Mercury. I never thought that it would become a battleground. This thread has brought out the worst in some folks, exposed the elitists, and brought forth unkind names and accusations.

Anyone ever heard about the teachings of Jesus Christ? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

To pull a quote from a western " not (our - the boards) finest hour".
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Life is not perfect and neither is any forum !

Things like this will happen from time to time .
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

t.r. wrote:I wish could back in time and never posted about my friends hunting from their junk Mercury. I never thought that it would become a battleground. This thread has brought out the worst in some folks, exposed the elitists, and brought forth unkind names and accusations.

Anyone ever heard about the teachings of Jesus Christ? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

TR
TR, Its not anything you said or commented on. Its just the way things are these days, it takes all kinds of people and ideal's to make the world go round. I've had a run in or two on these boards and in the end those that can get over it will stay and those that don't will leave.
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

O Lordy, help me to be a good levergun person. :D -------Sixgun :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

Have to add two pennies, a good part of this thread started to sound like a dicussion between an ayatolla and a "nonbeleiver". Can some of us be that "funnel mined". I just hope some of the final comments are really tongue in cheek and in better spirit. Whew!