Marlin closing down

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin closing down

Post by foxtrapper »

foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Marlin closing down

Post by foxtrapper »

JT is John Taffin . Sad Sad news
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

If you have a Marlin better keep it. Now wish I had bought the last 45-70 I saw.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Marlin is not closing down permanently. Marlin is a brand name, not a free-standing company. Marlin leverguns are produced at the same Ilion NY facility as Remington, DPMS, H&R, Bushmaster, and a few others, in Ilion NY. When the group bought Marlin, they bought a dying concern, about 3 years ago. A year ago they decided to move the Marlin levergun lines to their main facility so they could produce them alongside their other products. This was not a smooth transition, and resulted in QC issues that were beyond fixing until they get a little better training. These are gun people with no levergun experience. they maybe shoulda took the time a year ago, but have learned now that they need it.
There is NO evidence they are gonna bail out on leverguns permanently.

What JT says is true. Of the productiion preople offered the chance to move to NY a year ago, NONE came. They had to learn on the fly and that didn't go so well. Time to go back to the drawing board and build the levergun "culture" they need.
Certified gun nut
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

To be perfectly honest after trying for month to talk with someone at Remington's custom shop and never getting anyone to answer the phone or return my messages forgive me but I can't get to saddened by them having problems .

But don't get the idea that I dislike Marlin and Remington products !

Just understand most of the Remington or Marlin products I own are gonna be 30+ years old !

Out of the 25 or so Marlin's I own ONE was made after 1975 and that ones 10 years old !
For the dozen or so Remington's I own one rifle was made after 1970 and that one is 15 years old now .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I just ordered a guide gun - just in case :D

Standard blue, 45-70, 18" non-ported barrel.

Been wanting one of those anyway :P

It was hard to choose -they had several models that I would like to have... the 18.5" barreled 30-30 with bigger loop and laminated stock was calling....

But the guide gun won out...

Last edited by O.S.O.K. on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I've been blessed enough to have couple different flavors of Marlins. Plan on keeping them.

But this news, while not unexpected from email complaints I've read, are not entirely unexpected.

Business people seem to do not too badly in running a business, but seem incapable of handling transitions in business. They just don't have that integration of corporate culture, history and leadership needed.

Same thing happened to me in losing 24 years I had invested in my airline in the 'great' U.S.A. DHL meltdown.

(sad sigh)
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Son of a gun. Just when I can least afford it. :evil:

But I'm gonna have to bust out the checkbook and pick up a 1/2 dozen or so more Marlins...... :(

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

O.S.O.K. wrote:I just ordered a guide gun from bud's - just in case :D

Hmmmmm , I'll stick with older used ones . Usually it's a small matter to fix any issues they may have . Matter of fact "I think" I won a nice used 444 of 1970 vintage in a local auction that I left an absentee bid . They said they'd let me know wednesday !
Oh I left a bid for what should be a nice Pre 1970 Remington 700BDL in 300 WIN MAG with the original stainless barrel . Not as sure about that one since I left a bid a little less then I valued the rifle .
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

My old 444 is happy and cosy behind the safe door. If this is the end of a fine name in firearms it has broader meaning. I've always felt that the anti-gun lobby can't defeat us directly through legislation. They will get us through restrictions in our business community. Make it too expensive and have too many hoops and gun control without legislation, read the Canadian experience here.

On a more mundane point, what about parts?
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

That's too bad. When, or if, they make a comeback I hope it isn't like the Model 94 Winchesters. Foreign built and priced above what many of us can afford or want to spend.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

damienph wrote:That's too bad. When, or if, they make a comeback I hope it isn't like the Model 94 Winchesters. Foreign built and priced above what many of us can afford or want to spend.
That's kinda why I figured I could pop for one more...

I have a .338 Win Mag Ruger stainless in the shop and it's sale will cover my purchase - shopkeep says there's a really interested buyer... but we'll see.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

O.S.O.K. wrote:
damienph wrote:That's too bad. When, or if, they make a comeback I hope it isn't like the Model 94 Winchesters. Foreign built and priced above what many of us can afford or want to spend.
That's kinda why I figured I could pop for one more...

I may have to get the "Classic" 1895 45-70 that I've been wanting before the prices go crazy.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Marlin "dying" three years ago? That'll be news to a lot of people. (I'd also like to know what kind of an offer Freedom Group made to Marlin employees to transfer to the Ilion operation. Must have been a humdinger.)
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Watch the gunshow prices double or triple next weekend. :shock:

Glad I have some already.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Bought a GBL new and had to send it back to get the barrel indexed. Smoothed up the action myself and over all nice looking gun.
The people at Remington were very helpful and sent a shipping lable, took six weeks to get it back.
I think Rem will make some nice guns in the future but there are a lot of bad ones out there so look them over closely.

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

You know I got a 32-20, 32 Special, and a 444. There is a hole right around 35 to 375 caliber, or maybe 25-35 or 218 Zipper for a dandy varmint rifle.

I've always liked the XLR stainless guns from a few years ago! Not normally fond of stainless and won't have a plastic stock but that silver and black/grey laminate combo really grew on me. Of course the barrel was the proper length as well. Also an RC with the barrel bands in 35 Rem would be a keeper.

A 6X scope on a 336 in 218 Zipper would make a real nice varmint rig. Makes me smile, the picture of a vet in a plaid shirt knocking off varmints at 300 yards with a Marlin and fixed power Weaver surrounded by bolt tactical black rifles and guys who never wore a uniform. A guy can dream when all else is out of reach for awhile.

I expect it will be like the Savage 99 market soon. The first question will be, what is it worth and should I refinish it. I look for the dreaded drilled and tapped model or heavon forbid it was reblued and the wood cleaned up. Its practically worthless. I often wonder how many early Winchesters with original finish were reblued in 1925?

This news has me motivated to return my 444 to like new condition if my health holds up. I'll be passing on a pristine mid 70s 444S that someone will use. There is something appealing about that cannon knocking moose down long after I'm down for the count.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

O.S.O.K. wrote:I just ordered a guide gun - just in case :D

It was hard to choose -they had several models that I would like to have... the 18.5" barreled 30-30 with bigger loop and laminated stock was calling....

There's one just like it at my local shop used rack for something like $350...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Pitchy wrote: Image

Glad you sorted it out as that is a fine set of features for a woods carbine. Nice rifle!
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Oddly enough i'm in the process of sending my one Marlin (1977 .44 Mag) to a friend.

I'm primarily a bolt-and-semi guy myself, and getting a nice Mauser in trade. He has multiple .44 wheelguns and more opportunities to hunt with it, so it'll stay 'in the family'. As he has several hundred guns, who knows I may get it back one day. :)

This isn't a surprise honestly, having worked for a manufacturer. Give them a year or two, i think they'll be back running fine. QC issues can kill a product, but CNC machining and some reasonably talented people should have them back up and going fine in not too long.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

I'm in the ten day cooling down/ waiting game for a 1895 as we speak.Was hope to save enough for a sharps but they had this and I got weak.Was kicking myself but feel a little better about it now.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Sad this is. Soon we will have no newly manufactured American made lever guns to choose from.

Very sad.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

J Miller wrote:Sad this is. Soon we will have no newly manufactured American made lever guns to choose from.

Very sad.

Joe

Joe, they are not going away. Remington/Marlin/DPMS/Bushmaster/H&R etc is all one company, producing all kinds of guns under one roof, so to speak (yes, lines actually are comingled, there is no "wall" between the brands. I've been there and seen their facilities since the Marlin takeover). They realized (a little late, but finally) that they need to back up and regroup, LEARN leverguns, and get their house in order rather than deliver junk. Nothin bad here.....
Certified gun nut
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Jack,

I seriously hope you are right.

I'd like for them to make a straight stocked 30-30, you think you could talk to them about that for me? Since you been there and all ....... :D

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Joe, they are not going away. Remington/Marlin/DPMS/Bushmaster/H&R etc is all one company, producing all kinds of guns under one roof, so to speak (yes, lines actually are comingled, there is no "wall" between the brands. I've been there and seen their facilities since the Marlin takeover). They realized (a little late, but finally) that they need to back up and regroup, LEARN leverguns, and get their house in order rather than deliver junk. Nothin bad here.....[/quote]

Glad to hear this. It does make sense and the Marlin rifles have to have the ability to generate some profit if they get the line and QC sorted out. I didn't realize all those established lines were under one umbrella.

I always buy used anyway but it is always nice to have a supply of new ones for guys like me.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

What really makes Me furious is the fact that some JERK somewhere in managment knew about this all along and sat on His hands and did nothing but collect a paycheck. :evil: :evil: :evil: .
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Old Ironsights wrote:

Do they take credit cards? American Express? Will they ship to a Texas Dealer? If so, please shoot me a PM with their location and contact information! Thanks!!! That is if you aren't buying it! :)
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

O.S.O.K. wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:

Do they take credit cards? American Express? Will they ship to a Texas Dealer? If so, please shoot me a PM with their location and contact information! Thanks!!! That is if you aren't buying it! :)
PM forthwith.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Thanks - I'll check.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:cry: :cry: I'm good...I haven't really wanted a NEW Marlin for a long while....I just don't like the way they come out these days....I imagine it costs too much to put together a really fine lever action these days (look how much the Japs charge for their mucho fine levers :o ) USA levers, if they were any good, would cost that much and no one is buying right now.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I was at a gunstore on July 11, 2011 looking at .45C lever actions. Looked at new Miracou Winchester trapper (nice but expensive), Chiappa (nice balance, excellent historical look, but I fear customer service), Rossi (nice rifle with absolutely horrible location of safety in front of the hammer on the receiver), Cimmaron 1873 (another beautiful gun but more expensive than I wanted), Marlin 1894 .44Mag (no fit/finish issues but wrong caliber) & Henry (only negative to me is the tube feed instead of loading gate). I've seen some top notch stuff by Marlin over the last 18 months so I know they have the capability. They failed to pay attention to what customers were saying. I have too little faith in them to give them another chance getting any of my money.

The Henry is on my list unless my daughter convinces me to get the Winchester trapper for both of us -- she's pretty good at that!

Recently, I bought a Remington VTR that has no quality issues, but apparently Remington did not consider parts service to be important even before they fell flat with the Remlin stuff. For many people I know, they will never in 2 lifetimes wear out any parts on their guns because haulin' stuff to the range is too hard, too far, too much, not needed, etc. Paper punching is easy for me out my back door, so the parts issue is important to me. I'm just one little ripple in the market, so I have no power of persuasion over the bean counters. I'm not likely to buy another new Remington product at this point.

rimrock
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Plant was announced to close down last year, march 2010,
and will move production to the remington plant in new york....
I can find any news remington is closing the line...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Plant was announced to close down last year, march 2010,
and will move production to the remington plant in new york....
I can find any news remington is closing the line...

Freedom group announce they were taking leverguns out of production temporarily while fixing issues. This as of 8/12/11. No need to panic. Better they fix it offline than pump more junk out the door.
Certified gun nut
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

Refresh my memory. Since they kept the North Haven address on the barrel after the move (didn't they?), how does one determine if his 1894C was manufactured before or after the guns were built in NY?

I bought one in .357/.38 in January this year. I don't know how long it had been in the store prior to that. I had been looking at it for a month. I read somewhere, I think, that some production continued at North Haven as late as May or June. My gun is serial number 91080XXX.
Last edited by redlevel42 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia On My Mind
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

redlevel42 wrote:Refresh my memory. Since they kept the North Haven address on the barrel after the move (didn't they?), how does one determine if his 1894C was manufactured before or after the guns were built in NY?

I bought one in .45 Colt in January this year. I don't know how long it had been in the store prior to that. I had been looking at it for a month. I read somewhere, I think, that some production continued at North Haven as late as May or June. My gun is serial number 91080XXX.
91XXX us 2009 productuon, Made in CT, by Marlin, which ws alredy OWNED by Freedom group for over a year by then, but it was still made in the old plant. To my knowledge, there were NO .45s made in NY in 2010, and only a few this year.
Certified gun nut
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

adirondakjack wrote:
redlevel42 wrote:Refresh my memory. Since they kept the North Haven address on the barrel after the move (didn't they?), how does one determine if his 1894C was manufactured before or after the guns were built in NY?

I bought one in .45 Colt in January this year. I don't know how long it had been in the store prior to that. I had been looking at it for a month. I read somewhere, I think, that some production continued at North Haven as late as May or June. My gun is serial number 91080XXX.
91XXX us 2009 productuon, Made in CT, by Marlin, which ws alredy OWNED by Freedom group for over a year by then, but it was still made in the old plant. To my knowledge, there were NO .45s made in NY in 2010, and only a few this year.
Thanks for the info, although I had a brain cramp and mistakenly said it was a .45. I am thinking of trying to trade it for a .45 and my brain just evidently slipped a cog. Still sounds like it would have been 2009 production, though.

I have been wanting a .357 Carbine for several years now. At the beginning of the year I didn't have any, and now I have three. Got carried away, I guess.
Georgia On My Mind
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I love old Marlins, but other than my Marlin bolt action XL7C I haven't purchased a new Marlin EVER. I just am not into the newer Marlins, so the temp sut down wont change things for me.
I have purchased new Remington products in the way of a new varmint rifle a few years back. I replaced my old Rem. 700ADL varmint rifle, with a new 700VSF again in .22-250, and I found the quality of this rifle every bit as good as the old one I purchased in 1980 and completely wore out shooting thousands of rounds of hi velocity ammo through it.
I do hope products with the Marlin name are successful, and Remington continues to make them here in the USA. Both company names have a wonderful history, and losing either would be a shame.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

darn... How a gun company can close in this environment is beyond me. The only thing BHO has been good for has been firearms, ammunition and accessory sales. Heck, Ruger stock was up last week when pretty much everything else was down.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

redlevel42 wrote:
adirondakjack wrote:

Thanks for the info, although I had a brain cramp and mistakenly said it was a .45. I am thinking of trying to trade it for a .45 and my brain just evidently slipped a cog. Still sounds like it would have been 2009 production, though.

I have been wanting a .357 Carbine for several years now. At the beginning of the year I didn't have any, and now I have three. Got carried away, I guess.

yep, 100-the first two digits = year of production. 91=09
Certified gun nut
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

adirondakjack wrote:Marlin is not closing down permanently. Marlin is a brand name, not a free-standing company. Marlin leverguns are produced at the same Ilion NY facility as Remington, DPMS, H&R, Bushmaster, and a few others, in Ilion NY. When the group bought Marlin, they bought a dying concern, about 3 years ago. A year ago they decided to move the Marlin levergun lines to their main facility so they could produce them alongside their other products. This was not a smooth transition, and resulted in QC issues that were beyond fixing until they get a little better training. These are gun people with no levergun experience. they maybe shoulda took the time a year ago, but have learned now that they need it.
There is NO evidence they are gonna bail out on leverguns permanently.

What JT says is true. Of the productiion preople offered the chance to move to NY a year ago, NONE came. They had to learn on the fly and that didn't go so well. Time to go back to the drawing board and build the levergun "culture" they need.
Finally a senseable comment on the subject. Marlin isn't closing down. The assembly line is simply idle while they sort things out. Remington makes the best firearms you can buy and they will fix Marlin too. Remington bought Marlin, and they own Marlin. Freedom Group owns Remington.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Just curious, who owns Freedom Group; Boston Bean Counters LLC?

J :?: e
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

adirondakjack wrote:This was not a smooth transition, and resulted in QC issues that were beyond fixing until they get a little better training.
I'll agree about the quality control. I ordered one of the new 336Y's a couple months ago. It came with the most terrible looking metal finish I'd ever seen on a new firearm. I sent the gun back and they returned it after several weeks. They'd reblued the rifle and according to a note in the box, fixed a headspace issue I was unaware of. Imagine sending out a brand new gun with a terrible finish plus headspace problems!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

JB wrote:
I'll agree about the quality control. I ordered one of the new 336Y's a couple months ago. It came with the most terrible looking metal finish I'd ever seen on a new firearm. I sent the gun back and they returned it after several weeks. They'd reblued the rifle and according to a note in the box, fixed a headspace issue I was unaware of. Imagine sending out a brand new gun with a terrible finish plus headspace problems!
Regardless of a "learning process" there's no excuse for finish or fitment issues. Anyone with even basic gun skills can look at a new gun and see flaws. You don't have to be a seasoned Marlin factory worker to spot them. That's just sloppy workmanship, and poor QC.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They should have and still should give you a new rifle which has been specially selected for quality not send you back one which has been reworked.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Old Savage wrote:They should have and still should give you a new rifle which has been specially selected for quality not send you back one which has been reworked.
That would have been the stand up thing to do, but it was the same rifle with same serial number. The finish looks great, but man the action works tight. I am curious just how bad the headspace issue was and possible issues if I'd have fired the rifle. Probably just split cases, but you never know.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I was at a dealers in the Doylestown PA area a few years back and they had just come out with the Remington model 710 I think it was, anyway this a a relatively inexpensive bolt action rifle . Guy there told me they had recieved several of these that when they opened the box the bolt handle had FALLEN off the bolt body !

I suppose I pay a bit more attenetion to Remington's and Marlin's since they comprise a rather large percentage of the firearms I regularly use . But I gotta say I've not seen or heard anywhere near the same amount of quality complaints from Ruger or Savage for that matter . But then I don't pay attention to them as much either !
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

FWIW, here is a post from Mad Ogre about the new Marlins. He claims they are the best Marlins he has ever seen. I hope he is right. I have an 1894C made in 1998 that is and outstanding rifle but the 336 made in 2010 is just barely so-so. I am still hoping to add an 1894 CSS to my arsenal.
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

marlinman93 wrote:
JB wrote:
Regardless of a "learning process" there's no excuse for finish or fitment issues. Anyone with even basic gun skills can look at a new gun and see flaws. You don't have to be a seasoned Marlin factory worker to spot them. That's just sloppy workmanship, and poor QC.
Which IMHO is exactly why you take this mess offline and straighten it out. You can't run a delivery service out of a driving school unless yer really only interested in smashing cars.

How in the heck can workers BOTH fill orders and fix quality issues at once? You really can't unless issues are trivial, because production keeps moving, and the assmblers end up just slapping em together and shrugging.

So they do a major "reset" for several MONTHS and then start making guns for sale again....
Certified gun nut
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

scarville wrote:FWIW, here is a post from Mad Ogre about the new Marlins. He claims they are the best Marlins he has ever seen. I hope he is right. I have an 1894C made in 1998 that is and outstanding rifle but the 336 made in 2010 is just barely so-so. I am still hoping to add an 1894 CSS to my arsenal.

The "Ogre" can say what he wants !

But "The Best" Marlin's I've ever had in my hands were made from 1896 to about 1910 !

Fit finish etc was superb on all the ones I had in that time period and they were all 100 years old !

I also have a couple dozen that were made from 1964 to 1975 that are put together nicely and I dare say better then what was coming from the factory BEFORE they moved to New York state !
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I hope Marlin will get themselves squared away. I saw a chart indicating lever guns represented about 2% of rifle sales. I hope that isn't true. It seems like people used to start with a lever but now switch to them when they become more savvy. The Marlins from the 1970's are good ones. I have one at a pawn shop I agreed to buy and am going to pick up this week. It is in great shape. Hard to pass them up.