OT - Zombie Whacking

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Zombie Whacking

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Naturally, this is in Florida. Late October or November is probably a better experience because it's still pretty hot in the evenings here in September. Not that I'm expecting any of you to rush down here for the thrill of it. :?

http://zombieadventure.com/Main/
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Zombie Whacking

Post by new pig hunter »

one can practice with these beforehand to get into the proper mood .....
http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/DarkoticTargets.aspx

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Gallery ... 23&id=1077

Cheers,

Carl
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Sounds like fun to. Good training for the coming zombie apocalypse :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I was just watching Night of the Living Dead and noticed that they go right down, regardless of caliber or shot placement.

Apparently their being dead already makes them easy to kill. I would have thought the opposite. What difference would a slug of lead make if you're composed of nothing but putrid rotting flesh? No blood supply, no beating heart, no brain waves to speak of. Thank goodness they do though.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Aside from the classic "Night of the living dead", what is this fascination we seem to have with zombies nowadays? I don't get it.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

quite sure this was posted as a satire of modern reality.

But you really have to wonder what kind of scary "grown ups" find this sport to be entertaining.
Is it time to question the 2nd Amendment? (rhetorical question)
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Gobblerforge wrote:Aside from the classic "Night of the living dead", what is this fascination we seem to have with zombies nowadays? I don't get it.
Gobbler
We were talking about that at work the other day. I think its for a couple of reasons really.
Zombies make great "bad guys". No one can feel bad about "killing them". No one will argue for "Zombie rights". (Ok, maybe somebody would... but you know what I mean.) There is no hope in rationalizing with them nor pleading for mercy. They don't want anything from you but your tasty tasty braaaiiins!
So it's part horror, part survival, part shoot 'em up. What's not to love?! 8)
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

mklwhite wrote:
Gobblerforge wrote:Aside from the classic "Night of the living dead", what is this fascination we seem to have with zombies nowadays? I don't get it.
Gobbler
We were talking about that at work the other day. I think its for a couple of reasons really.
Zombies make great "bad guys". No one can feel bad about "killing them". No one will argue for "Zombie rights". (Ok, maybe somebody would... but you know what I mean.) There is no hope in rationalizing with them nor pleading for mercy. They don't want anything from you but your tasty tasty braaaiiins!
So it's part horror, part survival, part shoot 'em up. What's not to love?! 8)
Thanks. Got it now. Thankfully I'm too old for make believe when it seams the real world can be frightening enough.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Gobblerforge wrote: Thanks. Got it now. Thankfully I'm too old for make believe when it seams the real world can be frightening enough.
You know I think that is part of the appeal of it too. While the real world (terrorists/DC and state politics/health issues) can be very scary there isn't just a lot you can do about it... that is very satisfying anyway. So maybe part of the zombie apocalypse thing is cathartic. An enemy that can not be anything but an enemy. A course of action that involves action. Those who do, stand a chance. Those who don't, well they don't. These reasons may be the most appealing things about the genre.

L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I never really thought about why I like a "good" zombie flick but I think mklwhite did a dandy job of explaining it in both his posts.

But dang, dress em up as the democrat leadership and I could have even more fun down there! It may be wrong but a boy can dream can't he?

LK
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

too funny !
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

mklwhite wrote:
Gobblerforge wrote: Image

If this weren't so true it would be funny.

I often think that many of the things we see going on in our society today stem from the fact that such a mind-boggling number of people are hooked on psychoactive drugs. I don't mean pot, coke, meth or any of the illegal ones, but prescription antidepressants and mood elevators. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of friends and acquaintances that aren't on something. My own physician seems bent on getting almost all of his patients on SOMETHING, anything, to keep them from suffering the slightest mental or emotional upset. He poo-poos my concern, but I say, hey, get real -- these drugs are designed to alter your brain, and so many of the trends in society today seem explicable only by asssuming people have lost their minds. Drug them, then get them hooked on TV, video games, all forms of instant and mindless stimulation, and soon they become utterly incapable of rational thought and action -- in short, zombies.