Who needs gun powder?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Who needs gun powder?

Post by madman4570 »

Since I have recently moved back to the country(Thank God) and my house sits right in the woods I spend a lot of time now shooting my RWS 36 airgun.

So anyway, now with the economy so bad and hearing some of you guys not having much luck at the pay & play shooting ranges are any of you guys getting turned onto the Air Rifles???
If no,t you really need to try these.
Whether its keeping chipmonks in line or plinking frogs in the pond (though be assured these guns will kill chucks and such as well.
I spent 1.5 hours today shooting from my deck at some targets and ground spinners and after I was done the total cost was about 50 cents.

Something for plinking and keeping up the shooting skills or taking on the small stuff,honestly I dont think you can beat it
The accuracy of these guns at reasonable yardage rivals any .22s I have including my Anschutz 54 :wink:

Try it(you will like it)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Who needs gun powder?

Post by AJMD429 »

Definitely guns that have practical uses as well as practice uses...!

Another less-expensive-per-shot item (but way MORE expensive to get started) would be a compound bow, but not quite as practical for getting a mess of frog-legs, chipmunks out of the garden (bet those 3" turkey-decapitating blades would do it though :shock: ), or keeping gun-specific skills current.

There are some old posts on the forum somewhere about the really BIG and powerful airguns, too; ones in .45 and .50 caliber, for instance, if I recall in the magnum-handgun class.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well drat. When you said: "Who needs gun powder?" I thought you was offering to give some away.

Oh well.

Oh, I still got my old Daisy BB rifle. Does that count?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

madman4570 wrote:Since I have recently moved back to the country(Thank God) and my house sits right in the woods I spend a lot of time now shooting my RWS 36 airgun.

So anyway, now with the economy so bad and hearing some of you guys not having much luck at the pay & play shooting ranges are any of you guys getting turned onto the Air Rifles???
Whether its keeping chipmonks in line or plinking frogs in the pond (though be assured these guns will kill chucks and such as well.
I spent 1.5 hours today shooting from my deck at some targets and ground spinners and after I was done the total cost was about 50 cents.

Something for plinking and keeping up the shooting skills or taking on the small stuff,honestly I dont think you can beat it
The accuracy of these guns at reasonable yardage rivals any .22s I have including my Anschutz 54 :wink:

Try it(you will like it)
MM, any suggestions on a model to get started with that won't break the bank? For instance, can you get something passable for a hundred bucks or less? I've thought several times I'd like to have one, but so many choices. :shock: thanks.
T.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I bought my Gamo at Cabela's for $100.00 with a 4x scope.
Be careful though, it breaks 1000fps, and cracks louder than a .22LR.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I won't use airguns for the same reason I won't use vehicles that get good gas mileage---I might start liking them. :D --------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I BOUGHT A SHERIDAN 5mm BLUE STREAK IN 1969 AND IT STILL DOES THE JOB IN FINE STYLE WITH IT'S WC STYLE BULLET. I ALSO BOUGHT A CASE OF 5M PELLETS FOR IT AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME AM ON MY LAST CAN. I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY'RE EVEN AVALABLE ANYMORE. I HOPE SO AS I DO LOVE THAT SHERIDAN !!! THIS IS/WAS A GREAT AMERICAN AIR RIFLE DESIGN THAT IS A KILLER ALL OUT OF PROPORTION TO IT'S SIZE, HAS IT'S OWN WILLIAMS RECEIVER SIGHTS, A POST FRONT SIGHT, A VERY GOOD TRIGGER, AND A DEAD QUIET SAFETY.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Not complaining but the only things I've been hunting lately are cukarachias, and mo'o using my handy dandy Daisy model 10 saddle ring carbine. I cannot believe how much damage these critter can take!

ImageImage
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ji,
You should see the Arizona variety, :shock:
need 1000 fps to penetrate the armor.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Terry Murbach wrote:I BOUGHT A SHERIDAN 5mm BLUE STREAK IN 1969 AND IT STILL DOES THE JOB IN FINE STYLE WITH IT'S WC STYLE BULLET. I ALSO BOUGHT A CASE OF 5M PELLETS FOR IT AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME AM ON MY LAST CAN. I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY'RE EVEN AVALABLE ANYMORE. I HOPE SO AS I DO LOVE THAT SHERIDAN !!! THIS IS/WAS A GREAT AMERICAN AIR RIFLE DESIGN THAT IS A KILLER ALL OUT OF PROPORTION TO IT'S SIZE, HAS IT'S OWN WILLIAMS RECEIVER SIGHTS, A POST FRONT SIGHT, A VERY GOOD TRIGGER, AND A DEAD QUIET SAFETY.
Here ya go sir!

http://www.cabelas.com/pellets-targets- ... ts-3.shtml
http://www.airgundepot.com/20-pellets.html
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Benjamin_S ... /bnj50.htm
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show_ ... .20&Type=0
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Topside wrote:
madman4570 wrote:Since I have recently moved back to the country(Thank God) and my house sits right in the woods I spend a lot of time now shooting my RWS 36 airgun.

Try it(you will like it)

I also heard the Gamo,s are good guns.
Boy, my RWS is very quiet??
Have also heard this Ruger below is a good deal!
http://www.airgundepot.com/ruger-air-ha ... scope.html

Joe,
:lol: :lol: :wink:

MM, any suggestions on a model to get started with that won't break the bank? For instance, can you get something passable for a hundred bucks or less? I've thought several times I'd like to have one, but so many choices. :shock: thanks.
T.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Mescalero wrote:Ji,
You should see the Arizona variety, :shock:
need 1000 fps to penetrate the armor.
I have no problem with penetration, these 3" monsters are "Terminator" roaches they just won't die even after blasting them into several pieces. I wish the geckos, and roaches would do each other in more often.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mescalero wrote:I bought my Gamo at Cabela's for $100.00 with a 4x scope.

That's been my experience too. The spring on these single-cock air rifles are just loud! Much louder than my .22 with an Aguila Colibri load.

I was thinking that an air rifle one could pump using a compressor or bicycle pump, and then adjust the pressure to adjust the speed of the pellet (i.e., dial in the fps), would probably be the cat's meow, if it could be had at a reasonable price.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I bought one of these $39 Chicom specials (was $19 when I got mine) over 20 years ago, and it's still going strong:
http://www.compasseco.com/tech-force-ca ... -1087.html
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tech_Forc ... rifle/2317#
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I bought one of these $39 Chicom specials (was $19 when I got mine) over 20 years ago, and it's still going strong:
http://www.compasseco.com/tech-force-ca ... -1087.html
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Tech_Forc ... rifle/2317#

Hi Ji -

I did too, but mine died several years ago. I then got a Winchester one off Sportsman's Guide. Worked wonderfully for about a year, and then the trigger pull went from a nice 4-5 pounds to off my scale (I'd estimate it's somewhere near 20 pounds!). Really destroys accuracy, and again, it is very loud.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

When I bought mine, my BIL also purchased one too his still going strong. Hmmm I wonder if the older ones were better made. They sure are more roughly finished than the newer stuff the stock on mine looking like it was carved from a 2 x 4 from Home Depot but very solid. All I do with mine is oil it a few times a year especially the piston chamber. These guns must be 22 years old at least.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:I HOPE SO AS I DO LOVE THAT SHERIDAN !!! THIS IS/WAS A GREAT AMERICAN AIR RIFLE DESIGN THAT IS A KILLER ALL OUT OF PROPORTION TO IT'S SIZE, HAS IT'S OWN WILLIAMS RECEIVER SIGHTS, A POST FRONT SIGHT, A VERY GOOD TRIGGER, AND A DEAD QUIET SAFETY.
Now THAT would be nice; often the sights are either crappy junk or plastic copies of 'target' aperture sights that are fragile crappy junk.
Ysabel Kid wrote:I was thinking that an air rifle one could pump using a compressor or bicycle pump, and then adjust the pressure to adjust the speed of the pellet (i.e., dial in the fps), would probably be the cat's meow, if it could be had at a reasonable price.
I think I've seen such things for maybe $500, and in some larger-bore chamberings, too. That's "quite a bit for an 'air' rifle", yet think what you'd say if it were a cartridge-gun that sold for $500, and used instantly-reloadable, powderless/silent ammo... You'd be thinking of all the money you'd SAVE instead of what a rip-off for an 'air-rifle' to cost that much.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ji, YK,
The internet is full of air rifle smiths, don't give up on them.
Plug for for Chuy's guns in El Paso, Texas.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

One thing to be aware of regarding pump up air rifles is that those that rely on what apear to be bicycle pumps are running at least 10 times higher pressure than your bicycle air pump. And that for a couple of air rifles that Crossman has put into production. Most are 15+ times higher pressure than your bicycle air pump will produce! They are fine rifles but be aware that hand pumping them up is serious exercise at least if you are pumping them up from scratch. Topping them off after a few shots isn't so bad but from empty well it will take a while and leave most winded.
Alan Wood
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Mescalero wrote:I bought my Gamo at Cabela's for $100.00 with a 4x scope.
Have you tried a heavier pellet?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

madman4570 wrote:Have also heard this Ruger below is a good deal!
http://www.airgundepot.com/ruger-air-ha ... scope.html
Interesting. I found one of these for $80 in a close out bin. I wonder if it was refurbed before being put out for sale...
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

No, just one style.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Mescalero wrote:No, just one style.
I have been told that heavier pellets can reduce noise since they don't go supersonic as easily. I've never tried it but it makes sense to me... :lol:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well, I can follow the logic, seems right.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:I BOUGHT A SHERIDAN 5mm BLUE STREAK IN 1969 AND IT STILL DOES THE JOB IN FINE STYLE WITH IT'S WC STYLE BULLET. I ALSO BOUGHT A CASE OF 5M PELLETS FOR IT AND AFTER ALL THIS TIME AM ON MY LAST CAN. I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY'RE EVEN AVALABLE ANYMORE. I HOPE SO AS I DO LOVE THAT SHERIDAN !!! THIS IS/WAS A GREAT AMERICAN AIR RIFLE DESIGN THAT IS A KILLER ALL OUT OF PROPORTION TO IT'S SIZE, HAS IT'S OWN WILLIAMS RECEIVER SIGHTS, A POST FRONT SIGHT, A VERY GOOD TRIGGER, AND A DEAD QUIET SAFETY.
Here ya go sir!

http://www.cabelas.com/pellets-targets- ... ts-3.shtml
http://www.airgundepot.com/20-pellets.html
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Benjamin_S ... /bnj50.htm
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show_ ... .20&Type=0
THANK YOU, SIR !!! PROBLEM SOLVED. THOSE BENJAMIN PELLETS LOOK LIKE THE DESIGN OF THE ORIGINALS EXCEPTING THE ORIGINALS ARE OF A SHINY METAL.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I honestly got to tell ya, the RWS #36 is pretty darn quiet(I mean not silent,but you just hear this sound about the same loudness as if you just got done pumping up your 100 pound road bike tire and removed the adapter from the stem.(not bad) actually I think less than that.
Certainly much,much less than any .22 rimfire.
Mostly I use the RWS Meisterkugein pellets(Dynamit Nobel).177 cal at 1000fps
I will try to find someone shooting one on youtube for reference.
I mean quiet enough that probably the very next door neighbor in town if they are outside will hear it,but a couple houses up or if they are inside they definitely wont hear it.

Almost everyone that has ever shot it says(thats all the noise it makes??)
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Ok, below is one for the RWS 48 (Note: this is for a .22cal pellet not the .177 )
Take in consideration that the video is being taking from the position towards the end of the barrel(muzzle blast area)which kinda gives a false positive that the gun in that video is louder than if you were shootingbehind it or away from the muzzle.
Also note the other sounds whenany movement of items are made its amplified pretty good.
But check the video out and tell me if this is a real gun or what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3f9234sFZo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDQPa2i ... re=related

OK----this one when your away from muzzle! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sik3te1 ... re=related

OR----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp4BBthO ... re=related

One last one-----
Notice difference of .22 rimfire and its echo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp3lsE0Z ... re=related

WHO DONT WANT ONE??????????? :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Go to http://www.cabelas.com and do a site search on Beeman and RWS.

I have a Beeman SS100, which is a Chinese gun. It works well,
although the trigger is a bit heavy. Scope holds it's zero, but isn't
what I'd call well-made. Still, it's accurate, and will put a Beeman
Silver Arrow pellet through a red squirrel end-to-end. When it dies,
I'll go and buy another RWS. :lol: For $129 though, it's fine.

I also have an RWS 48, which took me some time to get used to.
It's available in .177 and .22. Mine is a .22, and is VERY accurate with
a Burris scope on top. With the RWS HollowPoint pellets, squirrels
die instantly. The big pellets don't exit, and ALL of the considerable
energy they have is transmitted to the varmint. They die with a shot
from a 22 Magnum - but they die quicker with the air rifle!! Really!!

Note that air rifle pellets are designed to run at subsonic velocities.
They become unstable in the transsonic region. So, if you push 'em too
fast, accuracy will suffer. Some rifles are finicky about pellet choice when
it comes to accuracy. Gamo used to market an assortment pack that's
useful. I like Beeman and RWS pellets. They're more expensive, but ya
get what ya pay for in pellets.

I have a range set up in the backyard, and it doesn't disturb the neighbors
at all. The pellets make more noise hitting the steel than the gun does.

Air rifle practice is great fun, and you'll be better with a cartridge gun as a
result. You never have to worry about a flinch, and I've found, especially with
the RWS48, that any problems with technique (position, trigger press, etc.)
are magnified.

-Stretch
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Terry, I started shooting my Blue Streak again about a year ago. What got me interested in it was buying pellet guns for the kids. I found that Pyramid air site and was amazed at the variety of .20 caliber pellets on the market. It was like finding a long lost friend. I had not used the BS in at least 20 years. The seals on mine are leaky and it won't hold pressure for too long , but it is just as accurate and fun to shoot as I remembered. It does a great job on squirrels. I also used to dispatch feral cats year ago with mine. I really need to send it off to have it overhauled.

Kevin
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

I've got a couple ancient Sheridans and my ol man recently bought one of those piston ones. I sighted it for him (more like, lemme borrow that!) but in but doing so I found out it goes halfway through a phone book so I decided it probably wasn't backyard safe and took it back to him. I'm not in city limits but a ricochet could be dangerous to neighbors so...

I did however buy a blowback CO2 powered pistol. They are a load of fun. Do have to buy the cartridges but they pack more power than you would think. Through and through on a coffee can so it would probably do a squirrel in. Also my days of paintball taught me a little air smithing. You can mess with the valve to get more oomph. There is a limit to what 600psi will do in such a short barrel but that limit is more than the manufacturer sets em at.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

And all along I had thought that an "air" gun was a shooting enthusiast's version of a wanna be musician's "air" guitar!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

awp101
ya, that,s probably refurbished.(for the small amount more,i would do new)
I have to be truthful that I am certainly no expert in air guns (just use my RWS for the last 20 years)
I do also have a Sheridan (Silver Streak)its a fun little gun but since I got that RWS,its totally changed the game.

stretch,
Mines only the RWS model 36, yours being the RWS model 48 its higher up the food chain :lol: :mrgreen: and the few of those I have shot I was stunned at its power.
I know these RWS,s are not cheap but they really are a fine piece of craftsmanship that will last a lifetime.
Also, if I remember right they are warranted for life.(when I bought mine in 1991 I also bought 15,000 RWS pellets)30 tins@$4.95 each
The gun ran me $180
I now have left 1000pellets(2 tins) and this gun has had nothing done to it except shooting it.(its like new)
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

madman4570 wrote:awp101
Well, I took a chance. I got it and 2 tins of pellets for $57 OTD. The clerk said most break barrels that come back are due to people getting them for their kids without realizing the effort needed to break the barrel open.

The barrel hinge rattles more than the NIB example on the floor and the stock is dinged a little but I figure if there's anything wrong with it I'll let Ruger handle it. :mrgreen:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

awp101 wrote:
madman4570 wrote:awp101
Well, I took a chance. I got it and 2 tins of pellets for $57 OTD. The clerk said most break barrels that come back are due to people getting them for their kids without realizing the effort needed to break the barrel open.

The barrel hinge rattles more than the NIB example on the floor and the stock is dinged a little but I figure if there's anything wrong with it I'll let Ruger handle it. :mrgreen:

Holy Cow that,s a good deal!
Friend, now just dont let it sit in a corner get shooting and enjoy that Ruger, and soon you will be so addicted to shooting these guns,you will say"what,s gun powder??? :lol:

Congrats and you cant beat that with a stick! Better choice than dummy me trying to screw you up with wanting new one! :wink: :mrgreen:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have been using this on for several years now. HW 97K. in .20 cal. Has taken more game per head than any other firearm I have ever used. I have used it for animals up to the size of a fox and down to a vole. Deadly on rabbits and bushy tails. Its a quality firearm, deadly accurate and hard hitting. It is a joy to shoot. Good luck with your choice. A sheridan from Mac1, tuned by them would be a great choice also.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

I had an RWS 45 ? might have been a 48 don't remember for sure. It was instant death on starlings, and took many rabbits with it too. Traded it to a friend and warned him it was not the typical BB gun he was used to. One day he looked out in his garden and saw the neighbor's cat taking a dump, he got the RWS out just intending to sting the cat, when he shot to his great surprise the cat fell over stone dead.

My wife bought me a Beeman 1073 this last Christmas from Wal-mart, it is a break over, two barrel model both .177 & .22 barrels and came with a scope, for about $100. Haven't used it much yet so can't comment on it's power etc., looking forward to squirrel season to try it out. The cat population in my area is huge (my neighbor across the road has at least 15), so the rabbit population is almost zero. I don't shoot his cats because they are his, but I have sure been tempted.
UNITE
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Rjohns - THAT is a nice rifle!! :mrgreen:

Now you've got me looking at the air gun sites again.
(The summer budget is already on it's knees and beggin'
for mercy, and you ain't helpin' it any!! :lol: )

What are you using for a scope on that?

-Stretch
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I will get you the model of the scope when I return to the states. sorry I just don't remember the version and I want to give you accurate information.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

also, one of my favorite websites and forums on air rifle hunting:

www.adventuresinairguns.com/

I also have a crossman with a wire stock, scoped with lots of .177 pellets for sale for $100 shipped. I will post send pictures to anyone interested upon my return to the states next week. Its a perfect woods walking set up.
Mike Johnson,

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Besides the low cost, what makes the air rifle solid for me is that they're legal to fire in my municipality (which bars firearms discharge due to compact area) - putting the neighborhood bunnies & squills at risk. :mrgreen: . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Oh, my old Weirach does ok :)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

You guys have some very fine looking airguns! :mrgreen:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Nath, they do a great job on bunnies don't they?!!

Mike Johnson,

rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

the scope on mine is a lepers 3x9x40. with their mounts.
Mike Johnson,

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I was watching this post with interest because as a kid I shot more BB's and pellets than Carter has pills. The best pellet gun that I remember having was the Sheridan Blue Streak. We would use that to hunt grouse with. If we came across a group of them we'd shoot the one in the back and as long as it didn't take to thrashing around to bad you just about bet on getting them all.

Mike, I love the looks of that HW97k, but holy smokes Batman. I spent that much for my 9422. :o :o :o
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Yeah, but I shoot that pellet rifle more in a month than I have shot a 22 in 10 years. I use various ammo but Diablo hunting pellets are my favorite. scope has variable parallax and when the target is in focus, I know the distance. Around my house, the crows know its a no landing zone within 100 yards of my house. The bunnies know they are not allowed inside the fence and the mice and voles choose my neighbors garden to attack. Starlings don't dare alight anywhere close. All other song birds are welcome. I have kept my freezer filled with rabbit and squirrel for years. It is the best investment in shooting I have ever made. I take all the pellets from the shooting trap and throw them in to my lead pot when I cast for my flintlock. I have shot and recovered so many pellets in the basement that I have years of round balls (.54 cal) stocked up. I maintain it myself and it chronos as close to factory specs as it ever has. I hope my great grands enjoy it as much as I have.
Mike Johnson,

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Thanks for the heads up on lead mining from the shooting trap.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

my pleasure
Mike Johnson,

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My Crosman 1377 pistol(s) do OK... but one of these days I might just jump for a .30+ cal precharged pneumatic airgun.

Or, if they finally start making them, a Giriondi Clone....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!