OT- Mold ?'s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Mold ?'s

Post by Andrew »

The mailman left me a present yesterday, a set of molds I got off of ebay.

From left...Lee Double .457 RB, Lee .490 RB, Lyman .50cal Maxi-Ball

Question is about the Lyman mold: Is there adjustments between the mold and handle? I hope so.....

Not gonna hold much lead like that. :?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hartman »

Andrew,

As rusty as that mold is I'd take the mold off the handle and clean everything real good. The mold is supposed to sort of pivot on the handles and may be bound up. Also check the allignment pin holes for debris and clean them as well, again being careful not to damage the holes. Check the insides for rust as well and clean very carefully so as not to damage the cavity.

Hartman
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Thanks Hartman, it wasn't dirty but taking it off the handles and staring at it for awhile let me see the problem. There is only a little surface rust on the handle, not the mold. The mold is actually like new.

The hole for the mold pin is drilled too far down on the "pinchers". The end of the jaws squeeze the mold together at the top before the pins gets pushed together at the middle.

I just need to remove metal from the end and it should work fine.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

As you figured out, there needs to be a little "wooble" between the mould and the handles so the mould halves can fit tightly.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.