OT - Cheap Tips and Tricks for Dillon 550B and XL650 Presses

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Cheap Tips and Tricks for Dillon 550B and XL650 Presses

Post by COSteve »

Over the years I've come up with a number of upgrades and tips to help make my Dillon 550B and later my XL650 more enjoyable for me to use. Some have found them useful. As I updated my tips on AR15.com this morning at the request of a member, I decided I provide a link to my post here in case any of you might want to see it. I hope my ideas are helpful. Feel free to copy any or all of them.

Cheap Tips and Tricks for Dillon 550B and Xl650 Reloading Presses
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Cheap Tips and Tricks for Dillon 550B and XL650 Presses

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Thanks for the tips. I bought a 650 last year......... I am happy that someone has addressed some of the 'issues'. Needless to say it has been a real challange to get it running correct and smoothly! I gotta say--- I would not buy it again if I knew now what I do.

Dillion must have some really strong koolaid!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I'm sorry that you've had issues with your 650 as that's certainly not the norm with other owners. Is it your 1st press? If so, shoot me an email with any questions and I'll be glad to see if I can help. My post is really just a few tips I've developed to enhance my reloading experience because I'm a bit of a tinkerer. Most users find a stock 650 works great for them or if they have a question, issue, or problem, a call to Dillon Tech Support will get them pointed in the right direction and/or the replacement parts sent free of charge to them.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

Fantastic job Steve!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.