My 2 pre '64 94s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Quench
Levergunner

My 2 pre '64 94s

Post by Quench »

Hi Folks

I really enjoy reading this form. The humor, the knowledge gained. Just a nice place to visit. Now that I have finally learned how to post pictures I'm going to give it a go. So this, obviously is my first post. The picture shows my two pre '64 94s. Top one is a very minty 32WS that I picked up at a gun show in Corpus Christi bout 8 yrs. ago. The bottom one is a 30-30 that I have had since 1963, that has been severly bastardized though the years as you can see. Not all at one time. It's got a history.

Names' Quench.
Victoria, Texas

damienph
Senior Levergunner

Re: My 2 pre '64 94s

Post by damienph »

Quench, I like what you did to the bottom one. Both are fine looking rifles. Welcome!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Good looking rifles. I like that strong box also.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Welcome sir! Glad you stopped by, pull up to the fire and grab a coffee. Nice guns.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
toby
Levergunner

Post by toby »

Nice rifles
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I like the so called B%^^$##^$^%&ed one. Welcome, U could have posted without a Pic. Being from Texas and U should be tough enough to take the heat. Some times the fire gets a little too stoked but all U have to do is move Ur stump back a little till it cools down.
BTW Welcome and look forward to Ur input. I like the layout of Your Pic. Oh Yes and the strong Box,did it come off a Stage Coach. :o :wink:
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Nice 94's there, Quench. Welcome to the forum.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome and those two 94's look like they could handle just about your needs.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome - nice rifles.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Great first post. Glad to have ya' and see your fine lookin' Winchesters. I'm one of those with respect for the .32WS. Also a Texan, formerly :wink:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Welcome, Quench, I'm glad you decided to git yer feet wet - pull up that box, and set/chat a spell.

I like that crescent butt - it oughta keep the butt on a shooter's shoulder right fine, when that big loop gets to cyclin'................... :P :P :P

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GoatGuy wrote:Great first post. Glad to have ya' and see your fine lookin' Winchesters.
+1
Image and Welcome to the Forum!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Welcome! Nice collection you've got there. Fire's hot and the coffee's whatever you brung, there's a stump available, so pull it close and sit a spell.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rube Burrows wrote:Good looking rifles. I like that strong box also.
very nice indeed!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Quench
Levergunner

Post by Quench »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Like I said before, the 30-30 has a little history. My brother bought it new at an army PX when he was stationed in France, back in the early '60s. When he came back home, he sold it to me for $75. Well, as it turns out, I have always liked to tinker with things. So I decided to give it more of a cowboy look. I already had (still do) an old beater '73 rifle with the standard cresent butt plate. I really liked that look, so I decided to put one on it. Of course the standard stock was too short, so I mailed ordered the appropiate one from Fagen. I then made a brass sand casting using the butt plate off the '73 as a mold. It come out pretty rough as expected, so I made sure there was enough stock for grinding, filing, and polishing. As you can see. it turned out pretty good. Soon after I brought down one doe with it at a ranch right outside of Goliad. After that, due to other distractions, I lost interest, and put it away in a zippered rifle case. Through the years, I moved around a lot, got married, had kids, got divorced, but always had the carbine with me, taking it out once in awhile just to caress it.

Back in '89 after my divorce when I was moving out, I went into the closet under the stairwell where it was stowed, I noticed it was laying flat on the floor. The zipper was opened a little at the muzzle end, just enough for some mice to get in there, make a nest and peed and pooped on the barrel and mag tube about 4" from the muzzle end. Boy, talk about pitting and corrosion! Not to mention heartache! I went and showed it to my brother, and he said not to worry, he'd take care of it. I asked what he was going to do, and he said , don't worry, I've got friends. So what you see is the end results. A very pleasent surprise I might add.

The strongbox, after much, much research, and headaches trying to figure out it's construction, was made by me. I would say it's a very close reproduction of an original.

Take care, Quench.