Well,..Winter is offically here in florida..we have visitors

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Well,..Winter is offically here in florida..we have visitors

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Went outside this morning and was greeted by a couple of thousand Robins...
They winter here from north florida all the way to the keys...

They are doing their business all over the place.....
guess who is washing the truck today?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Well,..Winter is offically here in florida..we have visitors

Post by Mike D. »

Every year, when the privet berries ripen, robins flock to this area and turn the sidewalks, vehicles and everything with purple poop and dropping seeds. Several years ago a friend dropped by in her '63 Impala convertible. Well, when she went out to leave the red and white upholstery was covered in purple splotches. She was panicked, but it washed off easily before it had a chance to dry and set. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

You go right ahead and wash your truck, it was -12 when I drove mine to work this morning.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Well there sure ain't no Robins around here right now! They all abandoned ship a few months ago and headed down to Florida. If they only just arrived, then they must have taken their sweet time getting down there. Of course, if I had to flap my arms for more than a thousand miles, I'd probably be stopping for some serious rest breaks myself.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Plant City, Fla is a big town for strawberries in the winter time. Some years the robins are harder on the berry crop than others. Since they are migratory birds the farmers have to use caution in dealing with the problem.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Snowbirds, huh ? ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Mike D. wrote:Every year, when the privet berries ripen, robins flock to this area and turn the sidewalks, vehicles and everything with purple poop and dropping seeds. Several years ago a friend dropped by in her '63 Impala convertible. Well, when she went out to leave the red and white upholstery was covered in purple splotches. She was panicked, but it washed off easily before it had a chance to dry and set. :lol:

409????
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

1886 wrote:
Mike D. wrote:Every year, when the privet berries ripen, robins flock to this area and turn the sidewalks, vehicles and everything with purple poop and dropping seeds. Several years ago a friend dropped by in her '63 Impala convertible. Well, when she went out to leave the red and white upholstery was covered in purple splotches. She was panicked, but it washed off easily before it had a chance to dry and set. :lol:

409????

No, 300 HP 327. I had a '59 Impala with a 500 HP Z-11 409. Racer Brown roller cam, double quads, solids, headers, and a Muncie M-22. 4 MPG, but gas was 25¢/gal back then. What a ROCKET!! :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I started seeing flocks of the real Snowbirds from the northern tundra early this winter. I only see them about one winter out of ten. When I was a kid, the old timers would say that when the Snowbirds come this far south, it is going to be a hard winter up North.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

KirkD wrote:I started seeing flocks of the real Snowbirds from the northern tundra early this winter. I only see them about one winter out of ten. When I was a kid, the old timers would say that when the Snowbirds come this far south, it is going to be a hard winter up North.
how true!
and we have two types of snow birds down here now.....
and I shoot skeet and trap and 5 stand with a bunch of them....

I wish snow geese would come this far south....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS