God bless Texas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bdhold

God bless Texas

Post by bdhold »

veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Re: God bless Texas

Post by veeman »

Illinois should take lessons.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

veeman wrote:Illinois should take lessons.
IL is incapable of taking lessons from outsiders. IL wants all outsiders to pass IL gun laws.

You wanna help us, bring in construction equipment and dig a BIG MOAT around Chicago and E ST Louis. If we could get rid of those two areas we'd have a good state.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Can U extend that Moat to encompass Sacratamator on the North side then continue West to Frisco, then South and East to L.A. ?
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

You guys just need to encourage the faults to crack and send those areas to Davy Jones Locker.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Been trying that for Years to no avail. At least I would have Beach front Property.
In reading that Link on Texas Gun Laws I did notice that First Graders wouldn't need interpretation !
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
brokenhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brokenhand »

In Texas you can carry concealed in you vehicle

During the 2007 legislative session this law was adjusted to make it easier on law abiding citizens to carry a handgun in their vehicle. There are a couple of things which you need to remember while doing this, if it is going to be legal.

The first is it has to be concealed; not in plain view.

The second contains three parts:

A). You cannot be engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic,

B). Prohibited by law from possessing a firearm or

C). A member of a criminal street gang, as defined by section 71.01 of the Texas Penal Code.

This came from the Texas penal Code section 46.02 and I encourage readers to look up the statues online at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/ get into the specifics of this law.

When you go to this website, click on Texas Statues and then scroll down to Penal Code and expand it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

J Miller wrote:
veeman wrote:Illinois should take lessons.
IL is incapable of taking lessons from outsiders. IL wants all outsiders to pass IL gun laws.

You wanna help us, bring in construction equipment and dig a BIG MOAT around Chicago and E ST Louis. If we could get rid of those two areas we'd have a good state.

Joe
Lots of states are in that same boat. When I lived in Michigan we suffered through the idiocy of Detroit. If we could have given the city to the Canadians, we'd have been much better off, but alas, our brothers to the north were too smart to take it off our hands!
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

Ha ha! I can open carry and you can't!
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Brokenhand said, in part, "During the 2007 legislative session this law was adjusted. . ."

NRA played an active and helpful role in that law change, IMHO.

rimrock
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

wavetrain75 wrote:Ha ha! I can open carry and you can't!
when then you don't live in TEXAS and I just plain feel sorry for ya :P :lol:
DAV life member.
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

txpete wrote:
I've often wished that Montana bordered Texas.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

throw another log on the fire and defrost :lol: .
DAV life member.
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

txpete wrote:throw another log on the fire and defrost :lol: .
Hey, we were all the way up to 40 today. We're talking shorts and flip flops.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

txpete wrote:
Us Coloradans appreciate the fact that you like living in Texas. So much so that we'd love it if you could come up here some time soon and convince all your Texas brethren up here to mosey back down there with you. Seems that way we'd both be just tickled. :o :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

COSteve wrote:
txpete wrote:
Us Coloradans appreciate the fact that you like living in Texas. So much so that we'd love it if you could come up here some time soon and convince all your Texas brethren up here to mosey back down there with you. Seems that way we'd both be just tickled. :o :lol:
There are those in Colorado who are aware of their heritage and recall that the yankee government took part of Texas to create Colorado.

Then, and sadly, there is that other odd baloney-stock descended from east and west coast imports that have spent the last 3 decades turning Colorado into a fruit-salad, and who want everyone else to 'go home'.

:) :wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

:mrgreen: I have friends that left ft hood and went up there to ft carson.the cost of living is 2X more expensive and the freaks,tree huggers and yuppies are out of control.won't be long and you will be just like ca. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Elect ... ge2008.svg
DAV life member.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Now that is scary. Kansas has several states buffering us from California, but Colorado is next door. :(
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

Beaker wrote:Now that is scary. Kansas has several states buffering us from California, but Colorado is next door. :(
QUICK, CLOSE THE BORDER :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

I LIKE KS 8)
DAV life member.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Indiana, whose "ccw" law came before and was used as a model for, Florida's more 'famous' ccw law, used to be between three anti-gun states -
  • Illinois - still anti-gun, and now one of I think only three that don't allow ANY ccw.
    Ohio - used to be just like Illinois, but now at least has some ccw allowed.
    Kentucky - which actually was pretty anti-gun until ten years or so ago they lightened up.
I lived in Ohio during my college years, and learned alot about their gun-law history:
  • Ohio was interesting in that the LAW was originally worded carefully, to allow ccw without a permit, except if the person was committing a crime, intoxicated, acting irresponsibly, or a minor. ("An acceptable defense to the carrying of a concealed handgun is simply that the individual is not engaged in any criminal, threatening, or reckless activity, and is not intoxicated nor a minor" or something like that...)

Additionally, the legislature did NOT want the citizen to have to get a 'permit' for ccw, because the potential of abuse by the 'authorities', such as a racist police chief not issuing permits to blacks, etc.

That sounds GOOD so far, right...?
  • Well, theoretically, "yes", but not in reality.

The problem was that they "interpreted" the law later to mean that NOBODY can ccw, because there "is NO such thing as a 'permit'", and that the "acceptable defense" literally meant that you would be arrested, jailed, and had to hire an attorney to PROVE you were not in violation. Of course 'proving' you were not engaged in a criminal activity became nebulous, as how can you 'prove' you were not thinking about robbing the pizza store you were in, etc. ("guilty until proven innocent"), and the mere fact that a LEO noticed you had a gun and made a big deal out of 'busting' you for it, was taken as proof that you must have been acting 'irresponsibly' and others felt 'threatened' because of it (or maybe because the three cops 'drew down' on you and made you lay spread-eagled on the floor for 30 minutes while the pizza store was shut down).
So - the fewer LAWS we let the government pass (and the fewer pages/words in them), the less opportunities they have to distort, twist, and misuse them in opposition to their original intent.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

FWiedner wrote:There are those in Colorado who are aware of their heritage and recall that the yankee government took part of Texas to create Colorado.

Then, and sadly, there is that other odd baloney-stock descended from east and west coast imports that have spent the last 3 decades turning Colorado into a fruit-salad, and who want everyone else to 'go home'.

:) :wink:
Actually, many of us are fine with the immigrants from other states. I myself am from Missouri originally. The issue a number of us have is that it does get a tad tiring constantly listening to a bunch of loud mouth Texans tell everyone within a 100yds how much better it is down there ................................................ even though they aren't chained to here!

When I spent some time in Austin, I didn't drum on and on about how much better a place to live Colorado was even though I think so. I'm convinced that it's something in the water Texans are raised on that makes it so that they're incapable of keeping their opinions of their state to themselves and not offending everyone around them.

Heck, if you're all so darn stuck on the 'virtues' of Texas, why did you leave and come here in the first place? And why don't you'al just pick up and go back home? I know that many of us here in Colorado would be happy to help you'al pack. :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

When I spent some time in Austin :lol: :lol: there is the whole story right there :P
DAV life member.