OT- Need a prayer for my dad and some outfitter info

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Need a prayer for my dad and some outfitter info

Post by Mich Hunter »

Well,

Long story short, my dad's cancer is back. He fought and won a couple years ago when the doctors found cancer on one of his Kidneys. The surgery went great and he made a full recovery. Now it seems that its back and now on his prostate. Doctors are hoping that its still contained and has not spread but it's not looking to good. If it has spread, I don't know how much longer he will be here. He just lost a good friend of his to this and another just diagnosed. The man is my mentor and my best friend. He is also a combat vet (Vietnam) and a outdoorsman. At 62 years of age, he is still a young man. This news hit me like a ton of bricks and makes me really evaluate my priorities in life.

One of my dad goals was to go on a moose hunt with me. He has talked about this since I was a young boy. I would really like to make this dream come through for him even though I will probably have to stay behind due to funding. I am going to dig deep and liquidate part of my gun collection. Now let me first say that I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT OR SYMPATHY. I am just looking to see if anyone here has done a moose hunt as of recent and could recommend an outfitter that is somewhat affordable. I have been looking around for hunts in Canada, New Foundland and Maine. So far, I am coming up a bit short. I really want this to happen for him not matter what the outcome.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Need a prayer for my dad and some outfitter info

Post by TedH »

Sorry to hear this, and will certainly keep your Father in our prayers.

As far as the hunt goes, 86er would be where I'd start. I believe he offers Canadian Moose hunts for a good price.
NRA Life Member
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers up.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

One of the most affordable moose hunts that does not require a draw in Quebec. I also have New Brunswick, Utah, Idaho and Maine. Apply for everything you can. If I can be of assistance just PM me or give me a call, it would be my honor. Best of luck to your Dad and your family. We pray for his full recovery.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Prayers said for your father's prostate cancer and the hunt. I went through prostate cancer back in 2003, my Lord blessed me greatly.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Really sorry to hear that. Prayers for your Dad and your family. Best of luck on finding a hunt you both can go on.
Old Law Dawg
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Prayers going up!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Way to be there for your dad. He'll be in our prayers.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Prayers sent. So very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope the hunt works out for both of you.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Prayers sent up! God bless!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Sent.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Prayers sent.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Well this has been on My mind all day. And If this Hunt can happen I will Glady donate $100.00 right now,up front just to see some pictures of the Hunt. weather it is a success or not. this isn't sympathy or a handout. just pm me where to send the $$. We all deserve it. Jim Wood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Best wishes all around, hope you get that hunt in, I am sure you will.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Prayers for your Dad's health.

In a few minutes I'm sending you a PM with some Maine Guide information.

Victor

http://mountaintopguide.com/index.html
Last edited by mod71alaska on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

45colt,

I appreciate the gesture very much and it really shows the type of men here. But I couldn't in good conscious take money from anyone for this. I kind of hit a point in life this week where I realize that I can go without a few possessions to make this happen for him. He would do the same for me in a heartbeat if things were reversed . I have plenty of guns (and other stuff) that just sit around. Most were want items, not need items. It's time to let some of these things go. I also planned on bringing him out next year for a mule deer hunt anyways, so I will use those funds towards his moose trip.

To all, Thanks for the prayers. It means more than you know. Just as a heads up, I will be listing some firearms here on the board sometime this weekend. If you see something you may want, let me know and we can work a deal for it. I will probably lose money on these due to the economy, but such is life. I will drop the prices until they sell. If you are local, I may be posting up my 2008 Harley Davidson also for the cause.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Prayers sent, and a PM with information I believe may be helpful to you.

I wish you, your father and family all the best, and hope you and he both can go on
a moose hunt together. I'm sure going with you is what will make it extra-special for him.

sincerely,
John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Prayers up.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Mich Hunter, just a thought, but here goes. First I lost my Dad in 2001 to leukemia and I am praying for you and your Dad. I was fortunate enough to be able to hunt with my Dad a couple of times in the last few years(and truthfully he was a aweful outdoorsman, but he knew it so I'm not telling tales) and we didn't get much game but had good times that we both remembered until he was called home. Second I will bet dollars to doughnut holes he would rather hunt chipmunks in florida with slingshots, in July, with you, than world class moose without you. It's the time we share not the game we take. If you can't get a good enough deal on a moose hunt for the TWO of you to go together either
A. go on a hunt you can afford to take both of you on or

B. Let people help you out this time with small monetary contributions, (but when you see somebody else who needs it at a later time your turn).

I also would pitch in $75 to see this happen for your Dad BUT PICS WOULD BE REQUIRED :mrgreen:
Just my thoughts. God Bless Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Prayers said
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Prayer said for your fathers recovery. Good luck helping him acheive his moose hunt goal.
Best wishes,

Dave B
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Like it or not my offer still stands and Tom has the Right I d er and wants Pictures Too. 8) .