Winchester 1894 30 WCF RIFLE---no pics, sorry

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 1894 30 WCF RIFLE---no pics, sorry

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D :D Good day overall....

I went to the range today and lo and behold my friend Mickey breaks out a 1920's (950K serial #) Winchester in 30 WCF (30-30) with a curved butt plate and rifle barrel (24 or 26" ?).
The finish was well worn, not abused. Everything about this rifle was a pleasure. The main problem? is that the lever and lever plate are off a newer 94. Not a problem really....they don't match. Well I went bonkers for it after shooting it.....this piece was well cared for internally. Evidenced by the crispness of the trigger and action. The insides looked practically new...including the bore.

We ended up shooting steel plates at 200 yards and we were ringing them 90% of the time with the factory open irons and 170 grain ammo. :D :D Mickey was astonished at this revelation as he always thought leverguns were for under 100 yards......I laughed at him :lol:

.....................Of course I should have offered to buy it BEFORE he had this revelation. :lol: :D :lol:

I finished up by sighting in my Marlin 1894P with XO ghost ring sights @ 75 yards. Winchester "White Box" 240 JSP were the best performers......1.75" for 8 rounds (full magazine).

I apologize for not getting pictures camera is broken....... :oops:

Thanks, Tom
Last edited by CEMENTHEAD on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 1894 30 WCF RIFLE---no pics, sorry

Post by Nath »

Nice :mrgreen:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!