OT - Picture editor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

OT - Picture editor

Post by bsaride »

Can I get reccomendations for a picture editor?

Last one used came with old printer, updated printer doesn't have it.

Thanks,
Jay
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Picture editor

Post by bsaride »

Any help?

Want to post pics of ruptured cases to get your input on them.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

I use the software that came with my digital camera. The Microsoft Office Suite comes with one too.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

PhotoScape - http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Doesn't CRASH all the time like the $79.95 one I got from BestBuy, and doesn't keep asking me to buy 'upgrades' all the time like the stuff that came with my camera.

Does about anything I need, and more.

Plus - it's SHAREWARE, open-source I think; anyway it's free...
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Don't know exactly what you need, but you can edit right in Photobucket if you use that site to post pics to LGF.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I imagine mine is out of date, but back about 5 years ago I broke down and paid $99 for Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is a bundle of the most commonly used features from their (then) $600 Photoshop suite. It works well, and I readily admit I only use a small fraction of what it can do.

Ya might wanna use it as a baseline and gooogle "compare photo editing software" . Anything touted as being as good or better will be fine.
Certified gun nut
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

i open them in PAINT.
do most anything you could want.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

+1 for PAINT .... simple stuff, but works great for 99.9% of the stuff I do.

Cheeers,

Carl
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

It's a bit involved to use but there is Gimp. Does every thing Photoshop does and then some, but it's just as complicated to use as Photoshop. That's the price to pay if it does everything. It was originally developed for Linux but there are versions for Windows now too. It is a free program.

Photoshop is a wonderful program but as stated, it's a bit much unless you have lots of money(to purchase the program) and time to learn how to use it. It's been a while but IIRC there are some other good free programs on C/net for windows. I had one that duplicated most camera software packages. I downloaded from C/net to my laptop and it worked pretty well. I don't have them anymore as I converted both my laptop and desktop to linux so both are now running Gimp.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Derailed
Levergunner

Post by Derailed »

Here is a free editor http://www.irfanview.com/ I used it in the past but any more I have a photobucket account and use it.
Phideaux
Levergunner

Post by Phideaux »

In my opinion the best inexpensive photo editor is Adobe Photoshop Elements. I think is on version 8 at this time. It will do just about anything you want and is not to difficult to use. You can find it for about $80.00. As others have mentioned their are some others available, just depends on what you want to do. There many pro photographers that use Elements.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Picasa is free.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I have XP Home Edition on my comp....I designate my new printer as the primary printer and use a couple of old photo editing programs from Win 98 SE that came with bygone printers and scanners...Wifey got me Adobe Photoshop Elements but rather than learn something new I stuck with the old stuff... Between them and PAINT I get by for just about anything I've tried...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

geobru wrote:I use the software that came with my digital camera. The Microsoft Office Suite comes with one too.
I use the Microsoft Office, it must be very easy to use or I would be out of luck.
It is not the critic who counts