OT- The grandsons at the Bosque lease. COE problems.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- The grandsons at the Bosque lease. COE problems.

Post by rangerider7 »

Steele Creek is not running to much in this dry August. Also the COE is getting ready to put a fence through the middle of the place. I was just there yesterday and found this out. It will be interesting to find out what the owners have to say about this. The Core is wild at times to deal with.

P.S. I just got through calling one of the owners and he made a deal to have gates put in certain areas to have access to the creek area and the hunters will not be effected. :)

Last edited by rangerider7 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- The grandsons at the Bosque lease. Core problems.

Post by J Miller »

rangerider7,

What is "CORE"?

Nice looking youngsters there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I think he must mean the COE, Corp of Engineers. They lay claim to many riparian waterways, regardless of status. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Your right Mike D.
Since I don't like to deal with them I seldom try and figure out their ID letters. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- The grandsons at the Bosque lease. COE problems.

Post by J Miller »

Thanks.

Or RR7, what's in your holster?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

We have had some dealings with the COE and none have been good. Although the levees bordering one of our ranches fall under the purview of the Reclamation District in this area, the Corps felt the "need" to send their engineers over to demand that we thin the riparian growth on our side. My answer to them was unkind and unflattering, so to-date we have done no tree cutting, except for our benefit.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

J Miller, it's a 45 Colt SAA 3rd generation. It is not only for snakes but mountain lions roam the area from time to time as well as two legged varmints.

"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

RR7,

That's an excellent rig. I like it.

Joe
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The last time I saw any COE types they came to a cattleman's Assn. meeting to lay out their plans for putting meters on everyone's well that put out over 1,000 gal. a day. One of the old timers had been sitting in the back messing with a rope when we all got there. when he'd heard enough he walked up to the front table and dropped a hangman's noose on the table and walked out... never said a word.

It was the end of the meeting.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rusty wrote:The last time I saw any COE types they came to a cattleman's Assn. meeting to lay out their plans for putting meters on everyone's well that put out over 1,000 gal. a day. One of the old timers had been sitting in the back messing with a rope when we all got there. when he'd heard enough he walked up to the front table and dropped a hangman's noose on the table and walked out... never said a word.

I like his attitude.

Joe
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rusty wrote:The last time I saw any COE types they came to a cattleman's Assn. meeting to lay out their plans for putting meters on everyone's well that put out over 1,000 gal. a day. One of the old timers had been sitting in the back messing with a rope when we all got there. when he'd heard enough he walked up to the front table and dropped a hangman's noose on the table and walked out... never said a word.

That USED to be the way nearly all "Americans" thought - they understood freedom, responsibility, and suffered not to tyrants, or even petty bureaucrats with attitudes.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

By the way the two employees told me they were able to do the iron pipe fence because of Obama stimulus money. We're paying for it. :evil:
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

You know if they're gonna put gates in the fence to allow access, why bother with the fence? Sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

Joe
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

J Miller, the owners will probably be the only ones with the combo or keys plus COE.
"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

rangerider7 wrote:J Miller, the owners will probably be the only ones with the combo or keys plus COE.
Oh Kay, so this fence is just to keep the common man out but the elite and govt lackeys can go play in the river. Figures.

Joe
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Range you gett'n to be a sissy? Running around in snake boots while those two fine young warriors do it in sneakers? :mrgreen: FINE LOOKING BOYS!!!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thats a nice picture. You are a blessed man Sir.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

The COE field guy once asked me if I had run a scraper over my property and I said I had. He told me that I was subject to a possible $50K fine and a jail term for scraping a wetlands, and "where would I like my citation mailed". I showed him a study that was done on the property prior to my purchase showing that it wasn't a wetland. He proceeded to tell me he could care less about my study and that as far as he was concerned it met his 3 criteria for a wetland. He said "since 1.6 acres of your property is a wetland, if you'd like to buy 1.8 acres somewhere else and deed it over to the COE, I'll release this 1.6 acres for you to use as you please". I don't care who you are, thats extortion.....by the way, I told him no way in H@ll was I buying him land. I put COE guys in the same category I put wolves.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

rjohns94 wrote:thats a nice picture. You are a blessed man Sir.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

COE here in Fla are a PITA...
So is the ST John Water District...

Creeks down here are also running a bit low....
But at least we are getting some rain...once a week at least

Last Batch hurricanes wiped out a few private bridges on a creek
and they wont let them rebuild....now they cant get to their homes
with a vehicles! :evil:

Very handsome rig...shooter....and kids....
your a lucky man....
ya got all the finer things in life!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Thanks guys for the complements on the grandsons. I have grand-kids from 1 1/2 years to 15, four boys and two girls. Cole and Kyle are from my daughter. I try to get all of them outdoors as much as possible. They all seem to like nature so far. Getting them away from video games is my main goal along with coming closer to God through nature. As far as the COE goes, thanks again Mike, It is tough to go against the Federal Government. You need good documentation and persistence but don't let them bully you. Stand your ground if your in the right is my motto. Common sense SHOULD prevail.
"That'll Be The Day"
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Range one thing I have enjoyed more than my own children are the grand kids, and I now have a 9mo old great grand daughter,told her mother I will hang around long enough to install old time vaules, she just rolled her eyes :mrgreen:
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

David, I'm old school too. My kids do a good job but I'm tougher on their kids than they are. So far they still love me. :D
"That'll Be The Day"