Need a little help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hawkeye78
Levergunner

Need a little help

Post by Hawkeye78 »

I have an original 1892 Winchester in 32-20 that is loose where the barrel screws into the receiver. I had a local Gunsmith tell me to leave it alone and just not shoot it. Trouble is, it is accurate and I like to shoot it.

There is also some indication of a headspace problem.

I would like to know of a reputable smith that might can address these issues and will not butcher it for its collector's value. I just don't trust most of the ones around here. I have access to great folks for CW weapons, but not for this particular piece.
Hawkeye78
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Go to the home page and click on Steve's Gunz.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Steve's Gunz.] +2
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yep listen to Pete and Hobie, either one of those Guys are well seasoned veteran's who won't steer You wrong. Were that gun mine I would get it fixed and have a ball shooting it. The 32-20 is one of my favorites.Jim.