OT-This is a big change

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-This is a big change

Post by Jason_W »

My wife and I just moved from the Canadian border of Vermont to Southern/Midcoast Maine where she grew up. There is a lot of traffic, and it's very noisy. Plus, I'm not sure where to go hunting and shooting without getting arrested :cry:
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT-This is a big change

Post by iceman »

Once you settle in and meet a few people you should feel more comfortable. Good luck with the new location, I sure hope it works out for both of you.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

You could always go the other way, when my Wife first herd yotes howling in the back yard and the Dog give a growl like dad lets get them.She was scared!After a few lessons with the 788 6mm she out shot me big time too! I had no worries!
She was a Big City girl used to hearing cars and more gun shot's than during hunting season!
I am lucky I live right on the boarder of the Bow Zone and Rifle Zone just outside the City.
But great hunting areas are everywhere all you have to do is knock on some doors or make some new freinds at the gun store.And if lot's of public land to hunt on pick the snowy day's.
But local Farmers, Ranchers are the best, offer some help and I mean really show up not just say it, that goes so far and both of you will benifit. You might get chased by a bull or get tired from a midnight combine run, but you made some good friends and they in turn will let you hunt. Just don't forget to give them the best Roast you have, or a invite to a dinner with the game you got on there land. It goes a long way's I found a Ranch to hunt on over 20 years ago just by knocking on the door now they are my best friends and just like family.
P.S they had a small Elk problem last year I can fix that!Tag $32.50 memory's price less! sound like a Visa comercial?
Last edited by brno602 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Come on down to Texas!

If you're going to change... well may as well go all the way 8)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Come on down to Texas!

If you're going to change... well may as well go all the way 8)
The move from VT to Maine pretty much bankrupted us, any further and we'll be street folk :shock:
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com