OT--sort of. I got my Passport so I can go to Africa

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

OT--sort of. I got my Passport so I can go to Africa

Post by piller »

I got my Passport in the mail yesterday, so all that is left are the funds and the details for going to Africa next year with 86er and whomever else goes. I have paid the initial deposit and now it all is starting to loom on the horizon. I am beginning to feel the excitement.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--sort of. I got my Passport so I can go to Africa

Post by kimwcook »

The wife and I just got our passports a couple of months ago. Don't have any plans right now on going anywhere, but who knows.

Really hope everything works out and you're able to go. And, of course, you need to keep us informed of what's going on. Report and pictures are defnitely required.
Old Law Dawg
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I've had a passport since my mid twenties and have used it extensively having traveled to every continent except Antarctica. When you renew it, be sure and keep the old one as it's a nice reminder of all the places you've traveled to.

My next use of it is a trip we've got set up for this August when we'll fly to St. Petersburg, Russia and board a ship for a trip down the Volga to Moscow. The more one travels the more one wants to see the rest of the world they've not yet visited.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

COSteve, I can understand that. Hope your trip is exciting and fun without being dangerous. When you get back, tell us about it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Barry Wenzel was speaking before a group of bowhunters one time and said if you have the money to go to Africa go. If you don't have the money borrow the money. He said if you wait to save it you may never go, but if you borrow it you will pay it back.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We have our renewed passports and new passport cards. Our papers are in order. Now, where to go?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote:I got my Passport in the mail yesterday, so all that is left are the funds and the details for going to Africa next year with 86er and whomever else goes. I have paid the initial deposit and now it all is starting to loom on the horizon. I am beginning to feel the excitement.
:twisted: Or Arizona! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reminder, mine expires this year!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

Hobie,

how about nice ocean-view ....

http://www.aleenta.com/phuket/accommoda ... -lofts.php

Cheers,

Carl
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

A Passport is the key to the gateway of hunting adventures. I used to foresake any US hunting other than local each year in order to take a trip somewhere to hunt.
South America offers more doves, ducks, pigeons and perdiz in one week than you could shoot in the US in a lifetime. The experience and skill-building will last forever.
Southern Africa offers more variety and diversity of animals than anywhere else that can be taken on the same trip. The cost is around the same as a one week guided elk trip, and less than half what a big bear, sheep or goat or trophy mule deer hunt will cost with only one animal. Again the exposure to game, confidence in equipment and general hunting experience will last forever and carry over into any other hunting.
Europe has a ton or nice one day hunts for game that is not readily available in the US and often at very reasonable prices. 5 day vacation in England with a one day sidebar for Red Stag or England,Scottland and Ireland with a one day adventure for Roe Deer. Spain with a one day up front for Mouflon and a one day finisher for Ibex.
All great reasons to travel and a good compromise for the family to get what they want out of it while you get yours!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

COSteve wrote:I've had a passport since my mid twenties and have used it extensively having traveled to every continent except Antarctica. When you renew it, be sure and keep the old one as it's a nice reminder of all the places you've traveled to.

My next use of it is a trip we've got set up for this August when we'll fly to St. Petersburg, Russia and board a ship for a trip down the Volga to Moscow. The more one travels the more one wants to see the rest of the world they've not yet visited.
You will love St Pete! go to the Winter Palace I liked it much more than the Louve It's a guy thing Russia is a cool place I have been to St Pete Twice once in the fall once in summer 61° North almost 24 hours of daylight I even got to see a free Pink Floyd concert with 75,000 people at it that was 2008(Really a Rodger Waters Concert) but all the old Pink tunes,in the Winter Palace Square. The Pork over there tastes better too! St.Pete holds a Speacial Place in my heart as I proposed to my wife on the River they Drowned Rasputin in lol.
Russia is not cheap Moscow has more Billionairs than New York City Just check out the Cars parked at a nice Hotel .
I seen guys catching Perch out of the Neva River in town wile I was there.And It was 4:00am in St Pete and the Fishermen walked past are hotel I had to see what they were up to.
And after you go there Take a Trip to Cyprus off the Coast of Greece in the Med for a winter Vacation Cheapest place in all of Europe and the Beer taste just like at home too.
But make sure you spend two hours in the Winter Palace in St Pete aka the Hermatage Check out the knights mounted on Horses and the mummy's Taxidermy at it's best!
P.S I never did see Lennon's Tomb though Thats in Moscow just off Red Square lol.
Be very careful using a ATM Bank machine in Russia they will try and skim your card! P.M if you need to know more.