This time the Dog(really dogs)actually did eat it!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

This time the Dog(really dogs)actually did eat it!

Post by madman4570 »

Ok,
Here is what went down!
I was at Tops Market and they had a one day sale on Hams.(with bone)
They were normally for a nice sized ham roughly 8lbs $19)
Anyhow they had them for $12 (+/-) each (limit of 5) for the ones that were 7.5-8.5lbs each

:idea: :) I thought hey with all the hard work Mike Rintoul spent on these Grizzly Extreme cartridges what is $37 to try out that .32ACP Extreme Stuff and give a report! :D

So, I bought three and took them up to my cousins lake and set each out on his 2 old picnic tables pulled together and spaced them about 3 feet apart from each other.
I brought the Federal Defense ammo/Remington FMJ ammo/and Mikes Grizzly Extreme ammo.
Put only 1 round at a time in the gun and fired each different bullet in each diffrent ham at a distance of 12 feet.

The first one with the (Federal)showed a hole about the size of only my little finger went in about 5 inches not much else done.

The second one (Remington) made a tiny hole and hit the bone and cracked the bone and went to the left of ham but didnt exit.Again there was a hole and a craked bone.

The third one (Grizzly Extreme) holly cow! It had a big front section of the ham being missing and the hole size after the blown off piece was big enough to easilly stick a garden hose inside and it went way in around another 8 or 9 inches(almost went threw)

My cousin said OMG, that Extreme bullet did as much damage as somthing from a .357 mag

Anyhow,also when you look at that cartridge and its bullet, it appears huge for its weight??(how that much size out of that weight is unreal. (looks like a 100+ grain bullet)

Here is the kicker, told my cousin I want to go back to my SUV and get my cell phone(for some photos)
Should have had it with me but it was on the Attachment holder on the dash.
He said I will get us a couple Michelob Ultras out of his workshop/garage(after all the shooting was over at this point.)
10 mins later walking back toward the hams his 4 Rotwiellers were on other side of lake with all three hams! :shock: :o :oops: :cry:
He yelled at them and everything but as he ran after them(not me,no way) they just ran around the lake with the hams(stopping at spots and chowing down.Afterwards he kinda yelled at his wife(not really yelling/more like whining)but she said she had to let them out because they were all scratching apart the kitchen door to get out! Funny thing is we didnt see them until on way back and they had the hams??

So though I dont have the photos i will say those bullets will rip somthing to shreads and put a hole big enough to stuff a dishcloth in! :wink:
This time the dogs really did eat the homework!
Good Job Mike/Joe Very Well Done and THANKS! Your stuff is what you say it is and more!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This time the Dog(really dogs)actually did eat it!

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Those pups are going to pay for that.... I hope they didn't let them back into the house... :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Pics would have been good..! :( However, I wouldn't get between 4 Rotts and their hambone either...! :shock:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep, the wife will be really sorry she let them out. Maybe you can get some pictures of that :lol:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Dogs... ham... oh, my...

Yuck.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow, that's got to be the best excuse for NOT posting pictures ever! :o
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

game keeper wrote:Wow, that's got to be the best excuse for NOT posting pictures ever! :o
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:lol: :D
I called him 1 hour ago and told him to check the dogs duty for any recovered bullets so I could post those?? :roll:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

madman4570 wrote::lol: :D
I called him 1 hour ago and told him to check the dogs duty for any recovered bullets so I could post those?? :roll:
That's a picture I don't need to see.
Old Law Dawg
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

kimwcook wrote:
madman4570 wrote::lol: :D
That's a picture I don't need to see.

:lol: :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

the way they expand, i'm thinking its going to leave a mark when the dogs pass those bullets.

Good report Madman, has got me off the fence to order me up some of those for my seacamp .32 will put the call in today. OH, and by the way to all, Midway does not have the .32 in house yet, best go straight to the source if you want any.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike,
ya, that is what I was thinking/worried about if his dogs swallowed one of those.
I did say that if any of his dogs starting passing blood/acting strange etc. we will run them to the Vet(his Vet is the same as mine)and we will have them do an Xray and go from there.(On my coin)

Really,That was not smart but at the time he insisted the wife had them contained in the house?
I just absolutely didnt want the evidence even touched prior to the photos.(my screw-up)

Will tell you,if someone got shot with these Extremes(God forbid)they are in big trouble.They would bleed out quick along with all the other damage it would do!

Later Guys!
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

To bad your test medium got eaten, dogs will be dogs :D
Your story reminded me of a funny one about 20 years ago. I had two Doberman's that I brought with me to a family get together on the ranch in Utah, it was just after deer season and I fixed up one of those big zip lock bags full of fresh venison jerky I had just made. The bag of jerky was on the picnic table for all to enjoy, awhile latter I went to get me a piece and it was gone, had no idea what happened to it, all that jerky could not of went that fast. The next day me and my uncle were hiking around, old uncle Ed is a real character, any way's a while into the hike my female Doberman Sassy, goes flying by with a large zip lock baggy hanging out of her backside, old uncle Ed without missing a beat said "I did not know your dog was a rear bagger" Sassy spinning around trying to loose that bag and my Uncle were just to much, I haven't laughed like that for quite awhile.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:lol: :D
Thats a good one.

Here is a funny one----------
About eight years ago in one of our bathrooms the wife wanted this huge "one piece" new shower bench seat/tub deal.How do you get it in the house ?? (Cut a 8ft section out the outside wall of your house.
I himmed and hawed about it until one day she said"ya know that unit is designed for two people to be in. :idea: :D I said "Do It"

So anyway we had two red Dobermans(Rosie and Baron) and while we were at work they had the run of the house but we had a trap door installed that went into a 6ft high 12X30 dog run.
While the contractors were working they kept the Dobes outside with the trap door locked,then when they were ready to leave and lockup one of the guys would throw a couple pieces of round steak in the corner outside each day in the run and then they would hurry and unlock the trap door and lockup and leave for the day.

So---one of those nights (a nice hot summer night)coming home from work(worked at same place riding together) coming up the street we live on windows down,I hear two dogs in the distance going bananas.
Barking really aggressively.I told the wife,hey that sounds kinda like Baron??????
Pulled up in the driveway(still hear dogs going crazy)we walk inside"no dogs" walk out sliding door out back "no dogs" Oh stuff :shock: they are our dogs??????

Both jump back in truck and with windows down follow the barking sound.Finally about 1/3 mile away across a highway etc. we pull up and their is a Sheriffs Car with all its lights on flashing away.
Well,the dogs chewed a hole in the plywood the contractors put up covering the 8X8 hole in the house.
Dogs got out, went on this old ladys porch and grabbed a ham bone.They started fighting over it on the porch,The lady was scared thinking they were trying to get her inside her home and called the Cops.The Cops showed up and said to the lady actually they seem kinda friendly except for the bone.Well they said next thing they knew Rosie with the bone jumped inside front seat of cop car(with the ham bone)then Baron went nuts barking growling at the cops while he and cops are outside of car.They went to go to the car and thats when Rosie went nuts and would not let them in car.(its a stalemate)

They did this for about 1.5 hrs. they said.So we pull up and the wife gets out and yells at dogs,Both dogs "with the ham bone" come running and jump in truck.The cops were really nice actually laughing their butts off and were amazed how quickly they came when the wife called them.
I explained situation. Next day on front page of a Big City Newspaper. Big article-------------
{Dobermans Dwarf Deputies.) :lol: :mrgreen: The whole story.
So,I am pretty generous giving to the Sheriffs Fund Drive.
They could have really made a big deal out of it if they wanted to be stinkers!
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

:lol:
My two were red and tan also, Neptune and Sassy, I sure still miss those two.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan