New Rossi/Taurus M92 357/38 Aye Carumba!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

New Rossi/Taurus M92 357/38 Aye Carumba!

Post by JP_TX »

Well fella's I now y'all have this gun cause I've read your ravings. Well I finally took my new Rossi/Taurus M92 357 mag to the range with a box of handloads, (Horn 125 xtp/max load of #2400 and an oooold box of PMC 150grn hp that were hidden in the back of the ammo closet.)

Mes Ami, Mes Ami!. This is thee first rifle I have ever shot right out of the box, zero rounds through the barrel that actually grouped perfectly with two different loads with no adjustment whatsoever from the very first shot. Open sights. I feel like a hit the jackpot. :D :D :D

If only all my rifles were so eager to please.

JP
JP_TX
444 Marlin
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: New Rossi/Taurus M92 357/38 Aye Carumba!

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations! sounds like you've found a keeper.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Like I've been telling folks, since my first (of many to come) in the early 80s. There's been all this discussion about later era better than earlier, and vice versa, etc., and some eras smoother than others, but they've all been pretty much the same--save for some useless mechanical "safety bits" on some of them in the past 15 years--which I've tried to avoid via older Interarms, EMFs, etc. But for basics: great guns, pretty much out of the box. I'd love to re-dress about half of mine in some gen-u-wine walnut stocks--a la Precision, etc (or at least refinish them, pretend to/semi-gloss 'em up a bit like originals), and send at least a few off to NKJ to make them just so "just because," but I've had very few issues on any of 'em.

Mind you, some have needed more "dry" levering than others out-of-the-box to self-slick them up, a few have called for further oiling, better mag (tube) followers and a bunch--especially Interarms and all LSI "Pumas"--better buckhorns, etc. Some like the short rounds (specials) better than others--fixable--and there was an infuriating batch of .44s in the early 2000s that were overbored...all of mine still at least minute-of-critter. But for the most part, they've been handy, reliable and accurate trail, hunting and plinking companions in all the calibers I've had (.44, 44-40 and .357) for close to thirty years.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

gak wrote:...and send at least a few off to NKJ to make them just so "just because,"...
With multiple Rossis, you are a prime candidate then to get Nate's DVD and do them yourself at a huge savings. They really are easy to work on and Nate walks you through everything very thoroughly so you won't have any issues. Best of all, you'll absolutely love the results; smooth actions with lower spring weights for better performance and longer life. I did my two and couldn't be happier with the results.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are