OT: Show Pix of Your Pocket Knives

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Show Pix of Your Pocket Knives

Post by awp101 »

Thanks Modoc, that folder was the first I assembled. For ~$20, it's been a nice little work knife and it had a nice edge until I let some gunshow hack sharpen it. :roll: I suppose I need to break out my whetstone and correct that.

This isn't a pocket knife but it's not a long knife either. The maker told me it's a style of Asian fighting blade. I don't have a use for it but I liked the looks so it followed me home. Plus I like supporting a local maker. It's Damascus with Micarta scales:

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Nice knives guys. Those slip joints are really nice to carry in the pocket. Not as bulky as the newer style knives although I do carry the newer ones from time to time.

I bought a Buck Stockman like this yesterday for my nephew. It'll make a good first knife for him. His birthday is next weekend. He'll be 11.

ED
Yer never too old
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Modoc ED wrote:Nice knives guys. Those slip joints are really nice to carry in the pocket. Not as bulky as the newer style knives although I do carry the newer ones from time to time.

I bought a Buck Stockman like this yesterday for my nephew. It'll make a good first knife for him. His birthday is next weekend. He'll be 11.
Better give him a tube of super glue and band aids. I used to cut the @#$% out of myself when I got my first knife.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Tycer wrote:
Modoc ED wrote:Nice knives guys. Those slip joints are really nice to carry in the pocket. Not as bulky as the newer style knives although I do carry the newer ones from time to time.

Better give him a tube of super glue and band aids. I used to cut the @#$% out of myself when I got my first knife.
Ya know what the best thing is about nephews, nieces, and grand children? You can always send em home to their Mom and Dad when yer through playing with them. There's no "clean up on isle 5" so-to-speak. :)

You've given me an idea though Tycer. I think I'll wrap up a band aid with the knife when I give it to him. :lol:
ED
Yer never too old
KentuckyLevrgunr
Levergunner

Post by KentuckyLevrgunr »

Too scarce and too purdy to carry around, but it's one of my favorites. Eye Brand stockman pattern. The fit and finish on this knife is outstanding.
There's two kinds of lever action rifles - those designed by J.M. Browning, and those that are inferior.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Partially opened for display:

Opened as for use:

Some Remington repro's:

Some utility/utensil-types:
(closed)

And, opened for use:

bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I'll throw up some more
my prettiest B&T, made by Mark Waite

my neck knife, a kiridashi made by Kiku Matsuda, Damascus VG-10 and nickel
this was the last knife from a billet, and I bugged him for 2 years until he sold it to me.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

A BUCK " QUICKFIRE",great knife,great price,made in a great country(u.s.a.)
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Here are a few knives I keep up my sleeve. The first one is a German Eye Trapper with stag handles. I like stag. It is about 4 1/4" closed.

The second is another German Eye Trapper with red handles. It is smaller than the other one. Not nearly as thick but about the same length.

This last one is a Sho' Nuff Catdaddy Mississippi River Squirrel Fish and Deer Special Old Timer. It is the one that really goes places and it is a great knife.

Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

No pic, but I have a Primble 4-blade Congress.
UNITE
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Mokwaw wrote:No pic, but I have a Primble 4-blade Congress.
OH BOY, HOW I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS ONE !!! I COLLECT 4-BLADE CONGRESS KNIVES [ 4-BLADE STOCKMAN'S TOO..] AND I DO NOT EVER RECALL SEEING AN OLD PRIMBLE 4-BLADE CONGRESS.....I AM JUST BACK FROM LOOKING IN THE KNIFE ROLLS AS I THOUGHT I DID HAVE A PRIMBLE STOCKMAN BUT I COULD NOT FIND IT......phoooey...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Terry,
I will see if can get the wife to take a couple of good pictures of it and send to you by e-mail. I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to download pics from the camera to the PC. The knife has (2) what I think are called sheep's foot blades and (2) small spear point blades. One of each on opposite ends. The scales are some sort of hard brown material (bone?). The bolsters (?) appear to be nickle steel. It's 3 1/2 inches long closed. The sheep's foot blades are 2 1/4 inch long from bolster to tip. The spear points are 1 3/4 inch long from bolster to tip. I'm not a knife man so I don't know much about them, only what I see in the knife catalogs that come in the mail.

Here's some added info after I looked the knife over. On one of the larger blades at the bolster is stamped John Primble Belknap Inc. on the other side is 5514 over a star. The blades are carbon steel by the way.

Rich
UNITE
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

this page needed a Bear Creek congress
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Buck 110 and a Snap On box knife are always at hand -- pretty boring i know, but for me, its a time tested combo that works. The box knife gets used a lot for legitimate purposes, but the 110 is as likely to be used for carving off a small hunk of NY style Xtra Sharp cheddar at lunch time as it is for anything that resembles "work" :lol:

----- Doug