Fishing reel ????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Fishing reel ????

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Can anyone tell me what these should sell for???

These reels have been in storage since 1978.They were store invertory from Joe's army surplus.
(GI JOE'S) I have a big ammo box of lures also.
I haven't checked on there prices yet,but there all new in the box with extra parts + paper work..

JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Fishing reel ????

Post by claybob86 »

Dunno what those are worth. I have an Ambassadeur 5000 just like that one that I received as a gift back in the '60s. I don't have the box, but I do still have the leather case, parts and tool kit with oil bottle and manual. Good stuff! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

If they truely are NIB (and they sure look it), they will do well on Ebay. I normally hate ebay, but for them, yeah, I'd use it. take VERY clear pics, in and out of the boxes, all sides (spend the extra money for the pics), and run just ONE auction at a time. In the description, tell em that ya have more coming up after this one closes. Start em at $1 and let em roll, no reserve. You will get GOBS of watchers and sincere bidders.

Make sure the description is as complete as possible. Use google to research when they were made, when not made any more, any special features, etc.

I have done this and made good money.

That Penn alone is worth a good buck.
Certified gun nut
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

What is the gray reel, the second from the right? Looks kinda Pfleugerish to me...
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

You are correct it is A pfleugerish. :D
JOHNNY WACKO
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Is it a Pfluger Supreme?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

Yes it is old savage..
JOHNNY WACKO
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Good call, Fred! :D
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

nice, nice stuff - best bet is to post your question on Joe Yate's board. NFLCC is the club for this stuff:
http://www.joesoldlures.com/wwwboard/
It's also likely where you will get the highest offers to buy.
If you decide to sell there, just keep in mind that they're big on personal checks and trust (and never use the ebay word on Joe's board)

here are my best estimates:
$120 for the Ambassadeur 5000
$100 for the 6500C
$110 for the Penn Levelmatic
$150 for the Pflueger Supreme
$50 for the Garcia Matic fly reel - kinda of a shame, because this is a beauty, but the beholders are rare for these.
I based these on closed ebay listings for comparable reels.
if you find the right collector for any of these, you might get a bit more.

Another good place to ask and/or list them - http://orcaonline.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php
another place you might sell the fly reel:
http://fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/directory (I'm a moderator here if you need more info, etc.)
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Bulldog pretty well hit it on the head. The Garcias all went for $60 to $80 apiece in the 80's. That Penn levelmatic would have gone for in the $75 bracket in the mid-70's. It's a salt-water quality reel, a really nicely made piece.
de k8bor

Dave
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Pflueger Pfans?

I have a Golden West in the shop to rebuild right now. I've turned a few of these - I can sell them in Japan almost instantly.
While I've had and repaired a few nice ones, here is my best of all a 60-yard Golden West with the blackest ebonite I've ever seen
Image Image

here is a 1930 Medalist
Image Image

if you ever see the maroon boxes for either of these reels, they are worth as much as the reels.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

WOW!!!
I'm thinking bulldog1935 is the go to man for fishing related
questions. Great to have you here bulldog :wink:
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

casastahle wrote:WOW!!!
You read my mind..That is great,Thank you for taking the time to help out a stranger.Thats what i love about these forums People are so nice and are willing to treat you like a friend. I sell on gun broker and ebay but know nothing about reels.I sold a
ambassador gold plated reel in a wooden box on G/B for $650.00 but i was told it was worth $800.00 plus. It was Xmas and the guy who owned it was broke so it made Xmas for his 2 kids.I have a picture of it somewhere.It was new in box also.I just don't know swat about fishing reels.I try to stick to what i know about.I got a good deal on his guns so I like to help him out.
I got 2 webley mk 4 from him.1 cut for 45 auto and 1 stock and several old army guns too.Old Joe was killed in Mexico in 1978 when bandits stoled his bus full of goods.
He was shot and tossed out alive but got back up to shoot back and they stopped and killed him..
JOHNNY WACKO
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Johnny W,

There are a lot of people who are into collecting Garcia fishing tackle. I work with a big collector of same. I know he has spent a lot of money to pick up a mixed bag of stuff on Ebay just to get a proper original Garcia rubberband. There are a lot of collectors in Japan for the Swedish Ambassadeur's and Garcia stuff. Original boxes, tags, and paperwork are extremely important for collectors. The number of screws holding on sideplates of Ambassabeurs is important for determining approximate dates of manufacture.

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:
casastahle wrote:WOW!!!
You read my mind..That is great,Thank you for taking the time to help out a stranger.Thats what i love about these forums People are so nice and are willing to treat you like a friend. I sell on gun broker and ebay but know nothing about reels.I sold a
ambassador gold plated reel in a wooden box on G/B for $650.00 but i was told it was worth $800.00 plus. It was Xmas and the guy who owned it was broke so it made Xmas for his 2 kids.I have a picture of it somewhere.It was new in box also.I just don't know swat about fishing reels.I try to stick to what i know about.I got a good deal on his guns so I like to help him out.
I got 2 webley mk 4 from him.1 cut for 45 auto and 1 stock and several old army guns too.Old Joe was killed in Mexico in 1978 when bandits stoled his bus full of goods.
He was shot and tossed out alive but got back up to shoot back and they stopped and killed him..

When it comes to forums it doesn’t get much better than this one.
Only about once a quarter we get a little stirred up over a topic,
But that’s really just to keep Hobie loose and on his feet. :P :wink: