Price check on Rossi

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Price check on Rossi

Post by brno602 »

I am thinking of getting a Rossi 92 Lever replica in 45 colt how much do they go for in gun shops in the U.S? I would like to hear comments on them too are they any good? I really would rather get it in 44/40 if the 44/40 has the proper barrel and chamber specs it would be more real lol. But Iam willing to go 45 Colt or even 44 mag I have a ton of 45 colt stuff so that makes the most sence, but when did sence have anything to do with buying a new toy?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Price check on Rossi

Post by Old Savage »

Mine is great and I think it was $619. It needs .454 bullets for accuracy.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

My 24" oct CH 44mag was $445 and will arrive middle of next week.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have a Navy Arms Hartford 20 inch carbine, pre safety in .45Colt. I shoot the same loads in it as I do in my 1957 Colt SSA. That carbine has more accuracy than I need, it hits anything I point it at. Get one in .45 Colt it will sure please you.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I don't have one, but I've seen used blue ones in good shape for as low as $350 recently, and I've seen new stainless and blue ones from $450-$600. This is from a combination of gun shows and gun shops around my area in the last couple of months. I've been looking for one to buy at a really good price. $350 was pretty good, but I think I passed because it wasn't the caliber I wanted.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Just grabbed a minty Braztech 92 .357 blued trapper for $295.00. Great little shooter. I replaced the factory sights with Marbles units. I ordered Steve's stainless mag. follower and his bolt safety replacement. Good Luck, 1886.
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hello,

I've got a 24 inch octagonal barrelled Puma in 45 Colt.....I paid $460 delivered with taxes about a year ago.
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
SAAJim
Levergunner 1.0

Post by SAAJim »

Cheapest place to get a Rossi 92 that I've found is Bud's Gun Shop: http://www.budsgunshop.com/. Do an Advanced Firearm Search using Rifle by caliber. About $400 for the carbines; a bit more for the octagon rifles and the .454 Casull. Prices are cash/delivered. I'd also call Debbie @ EMF (800-430-1310) and see if they have any Hartford 92s left in inventory. EMF's a great company to deal with and will take care of any problems that occasionally happen.

Jim
brno602 wrote:I am thinking of getting a Rossi 92 Lever replica in 45 colt how much do they go for in gun shops in the U.S? I would like to hear comments on them too are they any good? I really would rather get it in 44/40 if the 44/40 has the proper barrel and chamber specs it would be more real lol. But Iam willing to go 45 Colt or even 44 mag I have a ton of 45 colt stuff so that makes the most sence, but when did sence have anything to do with buying a new toy?
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Thanks guy's I can get one from Ontario for $550.00 Canadian I don't think I have to pay tax as Alberta does not have a Sales Tax just the GST at 5 % I took a drive this week to look at a Marlin in 45/70 but it was rust pitted on the outside and for a 5 year old gun looked bad so I passed on it, I need my lever gun Fix! and I found this place with the Rossi in Ontario I will call them on monday. Being a 92 clone it should handle my Blackhawk loads Right? 20.5gr of 296 behind a hard cast 250 gr bullet they do chamber it in Casull and it's only $50.00 more but 90% of the time I will be shooting 9.5gr of Unique. My big Brother bought a Henry in .22 so I have to one up him lol.Dare I say I find the Henry smoother than my 39 but not as good a shooter but it does not have a scope on it, Dam I got off topic lol!
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Update! I pulled the trigger on a Rossi 92 in 45 Colt should see it in a week as it is coming from way down East. Still having some trouble posting pics on here? but I will figure it out. Just bought a 94 30/30 made in I think 1980? like new for $200.00 got a half box of shells too all that was fired from it!!!. I had to make up for selling my Marlin so I bought two that should do?lol. I love my 99s but just had to get some regular levers.
I got the Trapper 16'' Barrel Can't wait to run some rounds through the Chrony think it will be a big diff from my 7.5 Blackhawk?vel wise?
My favorite load is 20.5gr of 296 and the old Nosler 250 soft piont I must have a thousand of them bullets. I do get almost 1200fps out of that load in the Ruger. Hot but not too hot.My normal load is 9.5 grs of Unique and a cast lee 255gr wfp not sized .253 dia.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Here's a blog entry with some chrono results between a 5 1/2" Old Vaquero and a Rossi 92, both in .45 Colt:

http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2009 ... ne-in.html

Welcome aboard.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Just grabbed a minty Braztech 92 .357 blued trapper for $295.00]

$295 ! DANG ! ! How many horses did you steal, along with thet shootin' iron, you durn thief ? ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Sarge wrote:Here's a blog entry with some chrono results between a 5 1/2" Old Vaquero and a Rossi 92, both in .45 Colt:

Welcome aboard.

Not to high jack the thread, nice write up. 1886.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Pete44ru wrote:[Just grabbed a minty Braztech 92 .357 blued trapper for $295.00]

$295 ! DANG ! ! How many horses did you steal, along with thet shootin' iron, you durn thief ? ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Sarge wrote:Here's a blog entry with some chrono results between a 5 1/2" Old Vaquero and a Rossi 92, both in .45 Colt:

Welcome aboard.
Interesting now have to wait and see what powders the gun shops get in could be a long wait :(
I got the big hoop model all they had.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

brno602 wrote:Interesting now have to wait and see what powders the gun shops get in could be a long wait :(
I like W231 and W296 in the .45 Colt; but I like simplicity and I use these in other cartridges, too. There are any number of others powders that'll produce excellent results in the .45 Colt. I'd venture to say that one or more of us has tried them. Just let us know what's available and we'll do our best to help.

Thank you, 1886. Glad you enjoyed it.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Pete44ru wrote:[Just grabbed a minty Braztech 92 .357 blued trapper for $295.00]

Just seem to stumble into good deals every once in a while. 1886.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Sarge wrote:
brno602 wrote:Interesting now have to wait and see what powders the gun shops get in could be a long wait :(
I like W231 and W296 in the .45 Colt; but I like simplicity and I use these in other cartridges, too. There are any number of others powders that'll produce excellent results in the .45 Colt. I'd venture to say that one or more of us has tried them. Just let us know what's available and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks, I have played with my black Hawk for a long time and Now just stick to 3 powders Blue dot Unique and 296 for heavy loads. But I am thinking of trying a fast Rifle powder in the Carbine with heavy 300gr bullets. Anyone ever try it? I have to go check and see what I have, lot's of half full cans lol in the loading room.I know I have some H4198 and some N201. It will be fun working up a load for this little gun first time I ever worked up a load for a Pistol cal in a rifle that can take a bit of pressure all I ever played with to date in that catagory has been Win 73's and very mild loads. I will keep you all posted.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

brno602 wrote:
Sarge wrote:

Thanks, I have played with my black Hawk for a long time and Now just stick to 3 powders Blue dot Unique and 296 for heavy loads. But I am thinking of trying a fast Rifle powder in the Carbine with heavy 300gr bullets. Anyone ever try it? I have to go check and see what I have, lot's of half full cans lol in the loading room.I know I have some H4198 and some N201. It will be fun working up a load for this little gun first time I ever worked up a load for a Pistol cal in a rifle that can take a bit of pressure all I ever played with to date in that catagory has been Win 73's and very mild loads. I will keep you all posted.

Check the articles page. 1886.