Leaving the Forum for a while because of censorship..UPDATED

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: My thoughts upon further reflection.... PLEASE READ

Post by Blaine »

New guy buys the beer....... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I didn't think you could stay away for long.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I'm leaving the Forum for a while because of censorship...

Post by Modoc ED »

The checks in the mail.
ED
Yer never too old
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

BlaineG wrote:New guy buys the beer....... :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

So who won the pool? I had tommorrow at 8AM, so it wasn't me. :)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) :)
Certified gun nut
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

{A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.} ~Douglas Pagels

Welcome back to the fire! :D God Bless
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It is not about decorum and civility, it IS about perceived inappropriate 'language" and insensitivity. One of the core issues here is what constitutes language that is not considered acceptable on this forum. Too many folks are too easily offended these days, which is an indicator of how soft the population has become. What offends me is the deletion of common slang and words that have more than one use and/or meaning. A spade can't be called a spade any longer for fear of offending some "rabbit eared" individual. Ease up, fellas, nobody's out to get you. You can call me WOP, Dago, Mackerel snapper, or any other term commonly used to describe Italians whose religious beliefs at one time caused them to eat fish on Fridays, it won't bother me one iota. I have been and will be called much worse.

I probably need a "sabbatical", too. Time to pause and reflect, as it were.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am glad to have you rejoin the campfire.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Victor-----------You can't go!!! You and I are the most delusional and retarded people here and I won't stay by myself!

Your thinking too much dude--relax and enjoy the ride :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike D. wrote: You can call me WOP, Dago, Mackerel snapper, or any other term commonly used to describe Italians
Mike--Whats Italy's National Bird?

The fly :D Ha! I'm half Italian :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Leaving the Forum for a while because of censorship..UPDATED

Post by Mike D. »

My dad used to call them that, too. :lol: :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
huntress
Levergunner 1.0

Post by huntress »

Victor,

Glad you changed your mind! Your views are always appreciated!

Sandy :P

I missed the whole contraversy ( gosh did I spell that right?? LOL) but I have to say I am not easily offended. I grew up in NY, the only girl in my family and I was a bartender. I also do not let my girls roam freely on this or any other website. I respect everyones right to have their say and I feel it is MY responsibility as a parent to monitor what they read. I am sorry you were offended but I am glad that you are back!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

casastahle wrote:So how about them Cowboys :?: :?:
Sorry just couldent resist. Getting a little to intence in here. :wink:
Time for a YK gun picture with the trimmings. :lol:
Okay. Granted, it's not a levergun, but it is the most recent addition to the herd. I included my trademark "bona fides" so you all would know it was mine! :lol:

For Christmas I got a bunch of accessories for it, so it is no longer in this configuration. Just haven't had time to take new pictures of it!

There - feel better? :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

P.S. - Victor, I am glad you are sticking around! :D

Huntress - you hit the nail on the head. It IS the personal responsibility of all parents to know, monitor and control their children's access to the internet - and everything else while they are minors! :wink:
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

For Pete's sale, YK, buy a cheaper scope and use some of the savings to get yourself a pair of slippers that BOTH have laces!

Scott
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

RSY wrote:For Pete's sale, YK, buy a cheaper scope and use some of the savings to get yourself a pair of slippers that BOTH have laces!

Scott
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got a new pair of slippers for Christmas!

I've had that Gen1 night vision scope for quite some time. It wasn't too expensive when I bought it (not cheap, but no where near what some of them cost). I ordered a nice tactical scope for it for Christmas, which is what is own it now. Just wanted to give the NV scope a whirl - looked naked without a tube on top! :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Version 2.3
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Okay. Granted, it's not a levergun, but it is the most recent addition to the herd. I included my trademark "bona fides" so you all would know it was mine! :lol:

For Christmas I got a bunch of accessories for it, so it is no longer in this configuration. Just haven't had time to take new pictures of it!

YES! Now all is right in the world :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Doing my little part to improve the world. I can now retire a happy man (don't I wish!!!). :lol:
redhawk
Levergunner 1.0

Post by redhawk »

Glad you are back, Alaska! :D
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Geez...a bit sensitive aren't we? First off, I abhor censorship in any form or shape, it should be the readers responsibility based on their own mores that dictate what is and what is not "appropriate". Growing up with a cop for a Grandfather on one side and a Minister Grandfather on the other, I can say they did not always agree on what was appropriate, but what they did agree on was that everyone was entitled to their opinion...no matter how wrong it was, and also that being "politically correct" was both condescending and patronizing that masked the true intent of the conversation. With that I totally agree...and everyone has the right to make a fool out of ones self. Didn't God grant us the ability of choice? And didn't He give us 'bout 10 rules to live by? Where in the Good Book does it say we need to be politically correct and censor those that aren't? Each one of us should be governed by our own "common sense" and censor our own opinions conducive to the general decorum of the public forum. Just remember, sticks and stone can break my bones but names will never harm me!

Just my .02....now let's get on with life.
Last edited by Old Time Hunter on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad to see you "back", Victor :P :P

- AND -

Surprised to see this thread unlocked after it was locked yesterday ! :o

To tell the truth, since I agree with Victor, 79/444 & OTH, I was thinking of going on a sabattical, myself :? - until I saw that this thread got unlocked. :roll:

That told me that there's hope, here - for a continued community of like-minded individuals. 8)

76/444

Post by 76/444 »

I may be confused as usual. 8) but I believe it is Alaska who has returned, and Vic may be still on sabbatical. But, I have been wrong before. Someone please correct me if wrong.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

I agree with Adirondak Jacks' insight about this topic. I hope you will re-consider leaving the forum and remain our comrade.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Awright !!!!

I'm not the poster that alot of the guys and gals here are, but I've always enjoyed your posts here Victor. This is the one forum which I check in on daily. It's the whole dysfunctional, lovable gang here that makes it what it is.

Kidding aside, I learn much more here, in subjects as diverse as Old West History (thanks rangerider7) to AR's (thanks to O.S.O.K. and many others) to the proper slippers to wear after dinner (much thanks to YK). This is a great bunch of folks and I hope that we're all around for a long time to come.

Now, if the South would just rise again all would be right with the world. :D - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm glad things have smoothed out some. Remember that respect is a two way street, and it's hard to look up to someone when they talk down to you :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

76/444 wrote:I may be confused as usual. 8) but I believe it is Alaska who has returned, and Vic may be still on sabbatical. But, I have been wrong before. Someone please correct me if wrong.
Sorry, 76, we're one and the same...I think! You might have missed my "upon further reflection..." post on page 3 here http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 0&start=40 We have returned inseparable :D unless there really are two of us and I'm confused! :? :o :?

Glad to be back, too! :D :D :D
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

YK those are some comfy looking Slippers. They make em in size 12?
Glad your back Victor, winter is getting to me a bit also, im starting to do ALL the dishes now!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ysabel Kid wrote:

YK, I don't know what they done to your back but your feet are turned in now some. Demand your money back asap!

N :lol:

PS Nice fire cracker :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

mod71alaska wrote:
76/444 wrote:I may be confused as usual. 8) but I believe it is Alaska who has returned, and Vic may be still on sabbatical. But, I have been wrong before. Someone please correct me if wrong.
Sorry, 76, we're one and the same...I think! You might have missed my "upon further reflection..." post on page 3 here http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 0&start=40 We have returned inseparable :D unless there really are two of us and I'm confused! :? :o :?

Glad to be back, too! :D :D :D

Thank you sir,... like I said, you have been too civil for me to know you :lol: so I'll take the blame for the confusion. Glad your back,... hardly missed ya!! :lol: And I'll be look'n out for your posts in the future!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

76/444 wrote: Thank you sir,... like I said, you have been too civil for me to know you :lol: so I'll take the blame for the confusion. Glad your back,... hardly missed ya!! :lol: And I'll be look'n out for your posts in the future!
I was hardly missed!!! :o So civil I almost was invisible!!! 8) I'm going to have to look in the mirror and see if I'm...well...really here!!! :lol: :lol: 76/44 you gave me the best chuckle of my day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

My pleasure ,... once in a great while I do something right. Just don't tell anyone,....I wouldn't want my reputation tarnished! 8)
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

BlaineG wrote:I'm glad things have smoothed out some. Remember that respect is a two way street, and it's hard to look up to someone when they talk down to you :wink:

I can only wish I could get to the crux of a matter with so few words!!!

8)