OT - YES Taxes Are Done:-))

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT - YES Taxes Are Done:-))

Post by cshold »

A great morning to do the taxes.
The snow has just now stopped.
Now it's time to go out and play with the snow blower. :D
Looks like we got about 2 + feet of snow. :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: OT - YES Taxes Are Done:-))

Post by AJMD429 »

Being self-employed, and our business gets very little income during November through February, we get to borrow around $9,000 each January to pay quarterly taxes on the money we will make later. Hard to get real excited about paying $9,000 when you have been paid $1,500 so far for the year.

STILL, you're right about getting outside - it IS therapeutic. Hard to stay in a grumpy mood too long when you can go outside and see this:

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Got mine filed 12 days ago, no mean feat because my invoice data input was months behind at the end of the year (due strictly to laziness. I do a paper record for each sale, and only later input em into the database ;) ) Thankfully we paid enough had some stuff to write off that means uncle sugar gets to give some back this year.

Every year I am tickled to use the online tax software we have of late. I've used TaxSlayer for 7 years or so, and it's never hard to do at all, even with the small business stuff. I've refined my own spreadsheets and generate reports out of my laptop that give me "plug and play" numbers to fit the schedules I need to do, so it is not that painfull. It just takes a little time to do the inputs....
Certified gun nut
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

HAH!! Don't get me started on that subject. We own everything outright, except some farm machinery, and must pay quarterly. There is NO SUCH THING as a maximum 28%, it really considerably higher. If you have few items to write off, you will pay to be debt free. What gripes me the most is having to pay taxes on money that was previously taxed. I'm speaking of Social Security, of course. I started taking SS a coupe of years ago, after deciding why wait, who knows how long we'll be around to collect it. Our kids are long above the age of being dependents, so there's nothing there. Now, we pay about what AJMD429 does each quarter. We use the ranch income to pay taxes, a plan that nets us very little, but allows taxes to be paid without borrowing any more money that is absolutely necessary to keep the place afloat. With the current administration, as well as our wonderful state, threatening to add to the burden it's a wonder that more family endeavors don't go under. The wolf is at our door. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

OVER ACHIEVER!!!! I wanted to do mine this weekend but I just can't get motivated yet to do it. ! :?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Peter M. Eick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Peter M. Eick »

I finished mine on friday.

I screwed up and they owe me money. Only $650 but I hate the thought I have given them an interest free loan for a year.

Truly amazing to me that I pay twice as much in taxes as my whole salary 20 years ago. Astonishing how much money they take from me.
38-55 & 38/44 What a combination!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Haven't started yet. Perhaps next weekend. Congrats! It's a good feeling to have that sword not hanging over your head!!!