Opinion's on levers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AkHunter45-70
Levergunner

Opinion's on levers

Post by AkHunter45-70 »

guys, I need your advice, I am trying to decide which Marlin I want to buy, either the SS GG or the SS XLR. Is there any advantages between the 2 different types of levers, curved vs straight? I also like the longer barrel and stock on the XLR as compared to the GG BUT, I would chop the barrel down to 20" eventually. I figured this is the best place to get the advice I need. Thanks.
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

lever choice

Post by edsguns »

Personally, I like the pistol grip on a lever gun, especially the larger bores. There are a few differences in the XLR version that are supposed to increase accuracy for that version. I'd think a 22" barrel would make an excellent compromise and that is what my .444 has. It happens to be the exact same length as my BLR in .450 with a 20" barrel. The added length of the 22" tube would help maintain velocity without greatly affecting the handling charactaristics, in my opinion. Again, the 22" .444 pistol grip handles very well in my book and would be VERY similar to an XLR cut to 22" Good Luck.
Dakota Mike
Levergunner

Post by Dakota Mike »

Its a personal thing. I like the cowboy Marlins. four 94s and one 95. Get what feels good to you. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

SS, I like them. What caliber? 45-70?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AkHunter45-70
Levergunner

Post by AkHunter45-70 »

Yes sir, 45-70 and i'll be running 420 gr Garrett Hammerheads through it.
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

There is no apostrophe in "Opinions". Apostrophes are for possessives.