Wind - The 32-40 Brass Angel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Wind - The 32-40 Brass Angel

Post by Pop Watts »

This all started a few months back when I posted a request to help me find some 32-40 Brass.

I cannot be had here in Australia and seems hard to find in the US as well.

Weeks went by and out of the blue I get a PM from Forum Member "Wind" telling me he had "struck the Mother load" at a gun shop a couple of hundred miles from his place. With some calls his sister, I believe, got the brass, I sent over some money and Wind got it in the post to me.

Now we wait anxiously. Wind sent some comment about "waiting for an egg to hatch".

I got a note to pick up some registered mail from the Post Office - but instead of it being the cases it was a letter from Australian Customs saying they are holding the brass and want me to supply them with an import permit for it.

Silly thing is that as tough as Australian gun laws are, here in NSW you do not even need a Firearms License to walk into a gun shop and buy brass.

I made the calls, got the paperwork filled out, waited for NSW Firearms Registry to process the application, got the import permit, sent it to Customs and waited.

TODAY I PICKED UP MY 32-40 BRASS CASES AND AM A HAPPY MAN.

I have two comments for your consideration.

1 - How much did it cost for all these good people in Australian Customs and Firearms Registry NSW to sort out the importation of a couple of hundred "small brass containers"

2 - Wind, you are a champion and I want to thank you for your help. This, I believe, is a good example of how a few blokes with similar interests and good hearts can help each other out.

Sorry for being wordy,

Pop.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Wind - The 32-40 Brass Angel

Post by perry owens »

Pop,
You're lucky your brass made it as far as Australia as it's now illegal to export brass from the US without an export permit. I used to import my brass from Buffalo Arms but last time I called them they said they would need a $250 export permit. When I flew into Kennedy last month I checked with customs there. They said that if they found any "ammunition components" in my luggage (they x-ray it all) I would be pulled off the flight and arrested. Not wanting a free vacation in Cuba I decided to mail my brass to my UK address, marked as "drawn metal tubes". It arrived ok.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

wow, thats great. I love the 32-40. what kind of bullets are you going to load? I just started reloading for the 32-40 and got the rcbs 82024 FNGC HT bullets from Montana bullet works who has an add on this forum - they are 183 grains total and shoot beautifully out of my rifle. I've worked up good loads with both 5744 and 3031. let me know if you need any load info. I've got a bunch at home that i've found various places.

oh yeah, and i've mailed things before with creative descriptions ;)
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Yes, Wind is "good people". When I was looking for a post & bead insert for the Redfield sight on my Rem 513T.....he sent me one....and asked for nothing in return.
UNITE
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

That's "Dude" for ya.
Old Law Dawg