Crossing Fingers On a Model 88

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Crossing Fingers On a Model 88

Post by Blaine »

In .284.....A fella down on his luck was wondering if he could get 4 or 500 for it. I told him he could prolly do better, but if he wants, I'll do the 500. I hope he scratches out a bunch more, but the greedy side of me sez I hope he takes me up on it.....I hope that don't make me a bad person. :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Crossing Fingers On a Model 88

Post by Old Savage »

Do what is good for yourself and others - I think that is what the Bible says - sounds like that would be good for both of you.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

If it's a win-win deal, good. But I've always thought NEVER, NEVER, screw someone whose down on their luck. Besides the Irish have a saying; "what goes around, comes around".
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote:If it's a win-win deal, good. But I've always thought NEVER, NEVER, screw someone whose down on their luck. Besides the Irish have a saying; "what goes around, comes around".
He's taking a extended job offer in Alaska for big bucks, and wants to get a bigger rifle.....the price was his and I told him he could do better....I think (hope) I'm in the clear Karma-wise :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Aweome rifle in the right chambering. It's worth what he can get for it in the time frame he has to sell it. He knows that. If he waits, sure he could probably find a grand for it if it's nice, but short time = cut price... Don't lose track of him, and keep five Benjamins handy ;)
Certified gun nut