Rear Sight for BL-22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Rear Sight for BL-22

Post by scarville »

Now that my Bl-22 and Paco Kelly's tool have produce an offspring named "Accuracy", I've decided to reward the rifle with a new rear sight. I've has several people recommend this one made by New England Custom Gun Service:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2214 ... IVER_SIGHT

It's more expensive than a Williams but it comes recommended as being very durable.

Anyone have any experience with this sight? Will I have to replace the front sight as well?
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
Hobie

Re: Rear Sight for BL-22

Post by Hobie »

It appears that it might sit low enough that you won't have to replace the front sight.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

Hobie wrote:It appears that it might sit low enough that you won't have to replace the front sight.
I just ordered one from Brownells so I should know in about a week or so.
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You will have to replace the issue front sight blade with a higher one, in order to zero the rifle, since (like ALL clip-on peeps) the issue line-of-sight will be raised with it's installation.

I happen to have one on my Winchester 9422 XTR-M, but it's the same for all top-mounted peep sights.

It's also a good time to change the front sight type to something that may be more to your liking than the issue sight - like an Ivory Bead, Gold Bead, Fiber-Optic (Williams FireSight), or sourdough patridge.