Heres a thought about a new gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

Heres a thought about a new gun

Post by dgr416 »

I wish Ruger would put the new 327 federal in their model 96 that would be a sweet little gun.They should also chamber it for 357 maxium.They made up a few 357 max autos but never released them.I still want a 357 maxium lever gun.I almost had a browning model 92 rechambered to 357 maxium but it would be single shot.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I would like Ruger to chamber the 96 in 22 Hornet too!

Looking at gun catalogue's there are some weird guns that surely won't sell in large numbers, so why the Gun Makers don't make simple changes to existing models I just don't understand!! :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Basswrangler
Levergunner

Post by Basswrangler »

I'f Ruger would make a #1 International or Light Sporter chambered for 22 rimfire, I'd buy one ASAP! (or at least as soon as I could scrounge up the money) The #3 would be an interesting platform for rimfire rounds too.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Basswrangler wrote:I'f Ruger would make a #1 International or Light Sporter chambered for 22 rimfire, I'd buy one ASAP! (or at least as soon as I could scrounge up the money) The #3 would be an interesting platform for rimfire rounds too.
People have been crying for this since the #1 was introduced. Why they wont listen is beyond me.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There is a gunsmith in Pa. I think IIRC that will build you a .22 rimfire #1. When I was checked I'm thinking he was getting something like $230 for the conversion. So there you have roughly $750 for the rifle then another $230 to convert it. That's a lot of money for a .22 rimfire. I have a #1 in .308 that I love and I've actually thought about that conversion a time or two. But we're talking almost a grand for a single shot .22 Which is close to what it would run if you got one from Ruger. I must admit, if Ruger made it I think I'd get one, even if I had to pay that for it. the rifles are just that nice.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Does anyone at Ruger ever look at this forum?????
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

Ditto on the 357Max Lever gun,,,,, Same Weight and size as the Marlin 357Mag. I want one...... Anyone listening

Plus, It might get Federal to make some more Ammo..
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

The .357 Max in a lever would be a great lever. Around .35 Rem. (factory level) power in a smaller case that can fit in a revolver. Sounds like a match to me!
Grace and Peace,
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I have been wanting a .357 Max in a lever gun for so long, my hair has turned from dark brown to salt and pepper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish someone in the gun industry would listen and produce them. I am positive they would sell like hotcakes!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!