Tutt Meets Prof. Loudenboomer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Tutt Meets Prof. Loudenboomer

Post by CowboyTutt »

While I was on vacation, I also paid a visit to my new friend, Professor Loudenboomer. This is not the Professors real name, but he does not think it is prudent to put his personal information on the 'net, and chooses to remain anonyomous except with his friends. Some of the board will recognize him, but please don't say anything. :wink:
Anyhow, the Professor has been loading for as many years as I've been alive, and among his talents is one of the most knowledgeable people in the country on the 71/84 Mauser and the 11mm aka 43 Mauser cartridge.

While at his house, we dismantled my "new" 120 year old 71/84, polished the blued parts with ultra-fine steel wool and oil, cleaned off the "schmutz", and gave her a trigger job. I had also been working diligently hand polishing the white metal with steel wool and Blue Magic Metal Polish, which muted the corrosion stains and left a nice antique appearance. I put some lemon oil on the stock just to hydrate the wood again. She's looking really fine. I call her Old Thirty One Twenty, for obvious reasons.

We were not able to go shooting this time due to circumstances, but will probably do so soon. If we create a SoCal Levergun Family Reunion, I think he will probably join us, which would be just great! :D

Here are pics of the Professor taking apart my 71/84 and doing the trigger job, and us lounging around in his impressive shop.

My favorite pic is the one of the action laying on the work bench. Can you count all the twenties? :D

I don't get paid all that well, but the vacation time is great in education. 8)

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Great pics and photo essay. I think it should be pointed out that he isn't Dan Martin. :wink:
Last edited by Old Savage on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D COOL !! :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool!!! 8) 8) 8)
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Nice set up!!! Looks very good!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Ach du lieber!...Hiss furst name vouldn't be Eargeschplitten vould it? I tink he vould be a bigcase .22 fan...Ya?

LeferBob
Loff da pics schnurbut.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Gott im Himmel! LeverBobsky, you know mein freund? :lol:
-Tutt
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Bob, the Professor has a friend who talks just like you do! I swear he does! I met him! He's another 71/84 Mauser fanatic! :lol:

-Tutt
GANJIRO

Re: Tutt Meets Prof. Loudenboomer

Post by GANJIRO »

CowboyTutt wrote:While I was on vacation, I also paid a visit to my new friend, Professor Loudenboomer. This is not the Professors real name, but he does not think it is prudent to put his personal information on the 'net, and chooses to remain anonyomous except with his friends. Some of the board will recognize him, but please don't say anything. :wink:

Hopefully his name isn't Dan Martin... :lol: :wink:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mic wanted me to post this: :lol:

Dear Andy,

The important thing that you did not mention is that, at 121 years of age now, that gun is almost as old as Old Fartenboomer! Much better preserved though.

-Mic
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hm.... I trained under one of his relatives to gain one of my FRG Army Titles...

"Der Eargeschplitten Laudenboomer mit eine grosse holenground und alles kaput Techniker."
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

CowboyTutt wrote:Gott im Himmel! LeverBobsky, you know mein freund? :lol:
-Tutt
Nein Mein Shtrudel! Howefer, any Frrrrrrriend of yors is a Frrrrrrrriend off mein.

Herr LeferBob

I've been following this thread with great interest, what fun!!! :!: :D :D
Last edited by LeverBob on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Every time I read these replies I start thinking of Hogans Heros :lol: :lol: to funny. Hopefully he can make it to our get together.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis