OT Funny Pix -- "What do you do with old pickups?"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

OT Funny Pix -- "What do you do with old pickups?"

Post by Old No7 »

So the question is...

"What do you do with old pickups when they die?"

Well, up he'ah in Strong, Maine (just "down the road a piece" from Farmington if heading north, or from Rangeley Lake if heading south)...........................................
Rangeley Oct 14th (25) (Small).JPG
We bury 'em! :lol:

<< Note there's no Toyota... It must still be runnin'!!! >>

OK, time for the snappy comebacks to start... Let's see your "captions" to this pix!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT Funny Pix -- "What do you do with old pickups?"

Post by J Miller »

Down near Taylorville, IL there a Ford Dealer that has a bunch of them buried similar to that at the edge of his lot.

Seems like a waste of good body parts to me, but what the hey.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, I can understand Ford's not running----F*O*R*D "Fix Or Repair Daily" or Found On Raddy Dumps" :D

I noticed there were no Jeep Wranglers buried there :D ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

clc79092
Levergunner

Post by clc79092 »

Basically a copy of the cadillac ranch just west of Amarillo Texas. Guy named Marsh (trustfund baby turned artist) did that years ago. One of the cadillacs belonged to my exwifes grandfather. He has them painted occasionaly so that tourists can paint or write grafitti on them. Guy lives is a place he calls "Toad Hall".
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

My caption:

Graboids colony discovered in Maine (if anyone remembers the movie Tremors)

Ed
bcp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcp »

Looks like just a tailgate, fender, and bumper. The bumpers are all at angles as if they are just stuck in the ground under the tailgate. They could be mostly damaged parts, too.

Bruce
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

way I heard it about ford was "found off road dead".but cann't say that around here -the wife loves hers .Then there is my jeep project-"Jusy empty every pocket or Just everyone else's parts".One of my co-workers use to call my Samurai a Suzuki Somersault.The only guy who has trucks sitting out around here has old Internationals which I'd love to get my hands on all 1930's vintage.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

" The better the four wheel drive, the deeper you get stuck"

:D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

"What do you do with old pickups when they die?"

[Or getting almost ready to die cause of rust?] Trade her in for that Clunker Deal :oops: I know,I know :oops:
But here is how it went down.$4500 voucher/$1000 special rebaste ticket/$500 Dealer cash backfor a Trade-in/$2500 Dealer Rebate===$8500(so--$5000 for truck/$3500 for Rebates)plus the truck actually saved another $1000 because not borrowing anything on that money so no fianace charges.So I "actually" got $6000 for a 23year old truck with another $3500 in rebates that I paid $12,200 23 years ago. New 2009 car price was $18,500---paid $10,500(only got 530 miles on her so far though???) :oops:

Ok---I know I am going to get slamed on this one,but! for the good of the Family---A man has got to do what a man has got to do! :oops: :D :wink: A good lion protects its pride.
fatoldfool
Levergunner 2.0

Post by fatoldfool »

Hey, hold our beers and watch this!!!!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

fatoldfool wrote:Hey, hold our beers and watch this!!!!

Watch What!
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

madman4570 wrote:"What do you do with old pickups when they die?"

[Or getting almost ready to die cause of rust?] Trade her in for that Clunker Deal :oops: I know,I know :oops:
But here is how it went down.$4500 voucher/$1000 special rebaste ticket/$500 Dealer cash backfor a Trade-in/$2500 Dealer Rebate===$8500(so--$5000 for truck/$3500 for Rebates)plus the truck actually saved another $1000 because not borrowing anything on that money so no fianace charges.So I "actually" got $6000 for a 23year old truck with another $3500 in rebates that I paid $12,200 23 years ago. New 2009 car price was $18,500---paid $10,500(only got 530 miles on her so far though???) :oops:

Ok---I know I am going to get slamed on this one,but! for the good of the Family---A man has got to do what a man has got to do! :oops: :D :wink: A good lion protects its pride.
Say thank you to my 15 yr old. He'll be paying on that $4500 (taxes to cover that plus the interest) for a lonnnnnng time.

As to the OP, we don't have anything like that here, probably because the road salt means any truck about to come off the road is already rotted, and planting em next to a roadway would be an exercize in watching em disappear in short order (even heavy guard rails are gone in 25 yrs or so)
Certified gun nut
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Enjoy OUR truck, madman...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Guys, you have some valid issues.I just could not pass it up! Thanks to every one that contibuted! Honestly Thanks! :oops:
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

2ndovc wrote:" The better the four wheel drive, the deeper you get stuck"

jb 8)
That was pretty much my Daddy's attitude about 4wd. He thought they just let you get deeper into the woods before you got stuck and made it harder to get you out. He was a logger and always had either tracked skidders or skidders with big pneumatic tires that could drag the stuck trucks out of the mud.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

66GTO wrote:

jb 8)
That was pretty much my Daddy's attitude about 4wd. He thought they just let you get deeper into the woods before you got stuck and made it harder to get you out. He was a logger and always had either tracked skidders or skidders with big pneumatic tires that could drag the stuck trucks out of the mud.
The first 4x4 My Dad ever bought was an AMC 1977 CJ-7 Golden Eagle.
He loved that Jeep! I'll never forget when we took it to our cabin in PA.
He was determined to drive that succer right up the side of the mountain.
We got bogged down in a soft spot and it took us four hours to dig it out of
the muck!
Great memories!

Big surprise that my first set of wheels was a CJ-7 and that the Boss
Lady is driving the current issue of the CJ!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I have had a 4wd since 1974... and learned early on that you only go forward in 2wd, and backwards in 4wd when you get stuck. Never had a winch, but never left the pavement w/o chains and a come-along!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

I have a 1972 Dodge 3\4 ton PU with no rust. In Oregon we do not salt the roads so our cars & trucks last a long time. Also my daily driver is a 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury in original condition with 98,000 miles and also no rust.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

66GTO wrote:

jb 8)

I remember a newspaper article from back in the early 1970's.

An engineer was driving his jeep across a construction area and got it stuck. he went for a front-end loader to pull it out and got the loader stuck.

he got a bulldozer to pull the front-end loader and jeep out. He got the dozer stuck as well! (That probably took some real effort!)

Then he got a Scraper/Grader and got it stuck. At last he got a huge box-blade earthmover to pull everything out, the thing had wheels more than six feet high. yep got it stuck as well.

Finally, after about four days wasted and all that equipment stuck in the mudflats, some one got smart and brought in a crane. They left the crane on solid ground and pulled everything out with the cable. The whole thing took the bigest part of a week.

When I was a kid, I'd take my old 1962 Ford Fairlane Ss Coupe places where the other boys were scared to take their 4x4's. I only got stuck too bad to get out twice, both times I didn't have my come-along and chain in the car.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Doc Hudson wrote:
66GTO wrote:

jb 8)

I remember a newspaper article from back in the early 1970's.

An engineer was driving his jeep across a construction area and got it stuck. he went for a front-end loader to pull it out and got the loader stuck.

he got a bulldozer to pull the front-end loader and jeep out. He got the dozer stuck as well! (That probably took some real effort!)

Then he got a Scraper/Grader and got it stuck. At last he got a huge box-blade earthmover to pull everything out, the thing had wheels more than six feet high. yep got it stuck as well.

Finally, after about four days wasted and all that equipment stuck in the mudflats, some one got smart and brought in a crane. They left the crane on solid ground and pulled everything out with the cable. The whole thing took the bigest part of a week.

When I was a kid, I'd take my old 1962 Ford Fairlane Ss Coupe places where the other boys were scared to take their 4x4's. I only got stuck too bad to get out twice, both times I didn't have my come-along and chain in the car.
That reminds me of the time I was "sightseeing" on a desolate dirt road with a date one Saturday night when I was in high school. I had a '66 GTO (hence my screen name :) ) that had a positraction rear end. I parked in a sandy spot thinking the positraction would pull me out. Nope. My date was getting worried but my Daddy had taught me well. I didn't spin the tires enough to bury them and let the air out down to about 10 lbs. and pulled right out. Whew! I was late getting her home because I had to drive slow until I could air the tires back up.

Funny thing is I can't remember who the girl was or which base I got to, but I remember getting stuck and unstuck! I must be getting old. Ah, memories :mrgreen: !
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

madman4570 wrote:"What do you do with old pickups when they die?"

And Most of the dealers that did that deal haven't gotten a dime from the Feds for that program and now have all these cars that they can't do a thing with. Not to mention that it got all the $3-4,000 dollar beater cars off the street. The same cars that the poor and young car buyers are in the market for leaving them no choice but to sink them selves in dept on the used cars that start @10K and go up from there.

Just another example of the fact if you want some thing screwed up beyond all possibility of being fixed put politicians in charge of it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

66GTO wrote: "...I can't remember who the girl was or which base I got to, but I remember getting stuck and unstuck..."
Been there, done that... I think that's called the "dugout"...

True Story Time
Speaking about "which base" and all...
My mother dated Mickey Mantle once, and well, we all know what sport HE played... Anyway, many years later when she told my wife and daughter the story, she said he was "very international". Turns out that meant he had "Roman Hands" and "Russian Fingers"!!! :lol:

On another note...

It's kind of sad this OT post of mine about old pickups got MORE REPLIES than my ON TOPIC post WITH PICTURES of a levergun..............

What does THAT say about us??? (Or me...) :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Jeremy, no I know what your saying. Really in my area I think the Dealers if they have not got paid yet for those new cars sold are indeed taking a hit(I will chack with my friend who owns a dealership to see if that is really true,them not getting their money yet???)and validate this here.It seems the people around here are wise to not switching their old trucks/cars because they dont have the funds to support payment and many are their only vehicle.(mine was one of four that just got rusted bad after 23 years but ran excellent and had only 80,000 miles on it???????
My friend that owns the dealership that 4-6 months before that clunker deal came out he discounted heavily his used stock which in turn did give many buyers very good deals on used cars.Example: a 2007 Nissan Sentra with 28000 miles for $7200 etc. so this did clear his used inventory prior to the clunker sales.I know this because when I bought mine basically all he had was new.

So far the cheaper $1000-$3500 especially small/mid size cars like in the penny saver/newspaper etc.they are still mostly all there.The older suvs/trucks I think a lot have gone.Time will tell how this pans out! See ya!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I can't speak for the dealers in your area but I know for a fact (I have talked with several owners)the ones in my area are still waiting for their money. The bad thing is most have already dumped sulfur into the engine blocks per the Gov instructions and now have cars that are completely worthless and no money to show for it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis