BOARD UPGRADED!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
David
Levergunner 3.0

BOARD UPGRADED!!!

Post by David »

I don't know if it was actually announced or not but I just upgraded the software if you have a problem scream here.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: BOARD UPGRADED!!!

Post by Modoc ED »

That's great David. Will we now be able to go directly back to the previous page by using the Back Button instead of Clicking on the Back Button, getting a This page doesn't exist message, clicking on the Refresh Button and then having to click on the Board Index Button?
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Well - it STILL kicks me off halfway through most posts... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Doc, maybe you need a new box??
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Wow! That was quick. I'll let you know if I have any troubles.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

AJMD429 wrote:Well - it STILL kicks me off halfway through most posts... :evil:

It's been a while since I gave this much thought. ( :oops: ) and I know you're not the only one. So, here's a question or so for you.

Have you tried other browsers such as Safari, Opera, SeaMonkey, Firefox?

Have you tried connecting from another computer?

I have problems with one browser on another site. Same computer, different site, can't post using a particular browser. Changing to a different browser, no more problems. Probable cause? I've no idea - cookies are enabled, etc - it just won't let me post. Weird. I've not worried about it since I CAN post using another browser or computer. If I ever format again maybe it will be "cured" or when eventually they post a new upgrade for SeaMonkey perhaps it'll work then. Only time will tell.

My suspicion is that something about your browser/antivirus/ISP setup gets crosswise with the forum software. That's my best guess.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

You mean it kicks you off when your writing a post? I think there might be a minimum time post (for some kind of spam protection) but I don't think a max but I'll check.

Also what do you mean by kick off, you have to log back in to the board or?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

No matter how fast I post it will usually not recognize me as 'logged in' any longer when I click 'submit'. If I use right-click to open a topic in a new tab it will sometimes but not always log me off on that tab (but I may or may not still be 'logged on' when I go back to the first one and try to post).

Sometimes the top of the page where it says if you're logged in or not will 'disagree' with the bottom where it says what you 'do/do NOT' have permission to do, and those may disagree with the embedded photos which sometimes say I don't have permission to view them when I'm supposedly logged in according to the top line. Same for whether the 'quote' option will show, or the 'search' function will work.

Usually to get a post successfully, I'll finish it, copy it, and try to 'submit' it. Most of the time I have to re-log-in, and then I'll just paste it and submit it again. Usually still fails, but sometimes not (longer wait doesn't mean it is less likely to post successfully). By the 4th or 5th time it usually goes. Sometimes up to 9 or 10 times is needed.

This never happens on the office computer, which is the same kind, same operating system (Windows XP non-Vista) and version, and same browser (Explorer) and version. Both use similarly-driven, but differently-branded antivirals (both are Kaspersky-driven supposedly, according to techs). Home is Blue Sky satellite and office is DSL.

Office ALWAYS stays logged on to Leverguns despite multiple windows, delays on my part, etc...
Home NEVER does this on any other site, including some which seem to have the same forum software (judging just by screen looks, anyway).

So, it seems like AmBraCol is right, it must be a 'combination' thing. I don't know enough about 'cookies' to de-bug it, although I think I tried just 'disabling' the cookie-stopper altogether, and it made no difference.

If I recall what other posters have said, one common thread seems to be BlueSky satellite. Of course they say it's Leverguns...

We'll see how many post-attempts this needs to go... :?
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Absolutely amazing. Went on the first try. I've re-logged in probably 30 times already today. The other window says I'm not logged in, so go figure.

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Empty your cache. Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > and in Internet Options, click the Delete Cookies button, then click the Delete Files button, then click the Delete All Off Line Content Box and then click ok and then click the Clear History button.

After all that, click the Favorites button at the top of the page in the task bar and highlight the Leverguns Community line and then right click it and delete it. Do the same for the Leverguns Community Index line for the forum. Once you have them deleted, bring up your browser home page and go to levergunscommunity home page. Put it in your favorites and then go to the forum page and put it in your favorites.

The idea is to get rid of anything leverguns community that was in your cache BEFORE the upgrade AND THEN BRING IT BACK FRESH. If you keep the old leverguns community flags in your computer it will keep kicking you off. You want to go all new.

If you have a headache after reading the above, it's not my fault.
ED
Yer never too old
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Modoc ED wrote:That's great David. Will we now be able to go directly back to the previous page by using the Back Button instead of Clicking on the Back Button, getting a This page doesn't exist message, clicking on the Refresh Button and then having to click on the Board Index Button?
:twisted: HUH??? I was wit ya to the "go directly back to the previous page by using the Back Button", but ya lost me at the "instead of Clicking on the Back Button"... sorta like "Elvis has left the building..." :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Doc, love ya like a bruder man... but don't ya think MAYBE it's time to upgrade from that "Trash-80?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image Sorry guys... could NOT resist!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I must not be holding my mouth right. I have never had any sort of problem with this board, and have been here several years. :?: :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Modoc ED wrote:If you have a headache after reading the above, it's not my fault.
I DO have a headache now, but I'll try that when I get a chance. Thanks. Thirty years ago I actually understood state-of-the-art computer stuff and would have qualified as a computer-geek. Kind of like being a master buggy-maker now in an automobile world, though... :oops:

Anyhow. I'll give it a try. Wish me luck.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote:Absolutely amazing. Went on the first try. I've re-logged in probably 30 times already today. The other window says I'm not logged in, so go figure.
Kidding aside... try settting your firewall to a lower setting. Or if your security software has a firewall, turn the Windows firewall "off".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

I have no problems at all always works great for me and Iam all the way down here in Australia.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

jnyork wrote:I must not be holding my mouth right. I have never had any sort of problem with this board, and have been here several years. :?: :shock:
winchester1886 wrote:I have no problems at all always works great for me and Iam all the way down here in Australia.
same-same me :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Griff wrote:
Modoc ED wrote:That's great David. Will we now be able to go directly back to the previous page by using the Back Button instead of Clicking on the Back Button, getting a This page doesn't exist message, clicking on the Refresh Button and then having to click on the Board Index Button?
:twisted: HUH??? I was wit ya to the "go directly back to the previous page by using the Back Button", but ya lost me at the "instead of Clicking on the Back Button"... sorta like "Elvis has left the building..." :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WHAT!!!!!! When did Elvis leave the building????? Where'd he go????

Doc, love ya like a bruder man... but don't ya think MAYBE it's time to upgrade from that "Trash-80?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better stuck in the past than stuck in a ditch!!

Image Sorry guys... could NOT resist!
ED
Yer never too old
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Wasn't able to get to the forum during the day today, but I just signed on without a hitch. Sorry, Doc, I've never had a problem here.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's the upgrade - consistency! :wink: :lol:

Seriously though - thank you David!!! :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

No problems here. Thanks for your work.
NRA Life Member
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

TedH wrote:No problems here. Thanks for your work.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................