OT - Prayers for SW MO Friends

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

OT - Prayers for SW MO Friends

Post by Griff »

I'm writing this in the hopes that our friends in southwestern MO are all ok after the storms thru their neck of the woods.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm getting over 3 gal per minute infill into my sump pit right now.

The pump dumps it ever 3 minutes.

I may have a swimmingpool in my basement if the power goes out... (my backup pump is only good for 1gpm...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just seen it on the UK news, Looks bad.

Prayers up for all the folks affected.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Prayers have been said. Doesn't look good and headed east...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Griff I know that they had some hard weather there,we had the rain but the tornados were a county west of us here.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I didn't know they were in trouble. Thanks for the update. We'll keep them in our prayers.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Fungus Sam
Shootist

Post by Fungus Sam »

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated by those effected last night. We had 5-6 inches of rain just south of Mt Vernon, but the tornadoes went 6-8 miles south of us. I didn't have any damage, but a long stretch of Misosuri along I-44 got hit by multiple tornadoes and high wind. Some were killed and several were injured. Lots of property damage too. Thanks, Tom
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We IL lever gunners got hit hard last night, several hours of thunder storms with VERY heavy rain. The ground around our house is saturated now. If we get another storm like last nights we'll have a basement flood like Old Ironsights has. And we don't have a sump pump, just a drain into the sewer.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Some of you are in the neighborhood. Has anyone heard from JimT.
I e-mailed Jim this AM, but have not heard from him - which is unusual. He usually responds quickly.

If you have heard, please let me know!

Grace and Peace,
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I was picking my daughter from school yesterday afternoon when the tornado sirens started blaring. We were caught in the heaviest rain I have ever seen in my life. Just made it home when the hail started.

It has been some strange weather for sure. Just a few days ago it was 6 degrees, yesterday it was 71 degrees. :shock:
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

There were 2 deaths in Missouri yesterday, that I know of.

The worst was along and either side of I-44 from Joplin up towards St. Louis. We were put on standby early in the day and our county, Pettis, was among those that was put under the first tornado watch of the year.
It isn't always best to be #1.

I was out shadowing and spotting storms for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon and again from 9:15 to 10:00 PM last night. Nothing serious, just heavy rain, 40-50 MPH wind gusts and nickle size hail. Ours storms were moving at close to 50 MPH so they came and went fast.

In between those times, a look at the NWS web sight in Pleasent Hill, MO., www.crh.noaa.gov/eax/ , showed 6 different tornado warnings along the
I-44 corridor at one time. This is a good web site and I encourage everyone to take a look at it.

And remember to "keep an eye to the sky".

Our thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of these families.

Leonard
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

To All;
JimT is fine; Storms missed his family.
Grace and Peace,
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry to hear about the deaths. We sure could use the water down this aways though!