Speakin' of Meetin' 'n' Greetin'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Speakin' of Meetin' 'n' Greetin'

Post by Griff »

I met with Adirondack Jack yesterday in Fultonville, NY. Had a nice lunch, admired his trailer for the "Iron Hoss".

We ate a late lunch, talked leverguns, SASS and cured the ills fo the world. What'd you do yesterday?

Oh yea, found this posted on the driver's forum of the company I'm leased to:
While looking at the August, issue of Overdrive (just recieved it yesterday) I stopped when I came to the Truck Gallery section ...seems I've seen this one truck before ...yes, I have it's ...Kiwi's "BLACK ROSE" Dennis, and his Black Rose where last months Cool Ride winners . Dennis won a hat, travel bag and license plate frame!
For those interested in seeing the truck it's on page 54 Truck Gallery section of the August issue of Overdrive Magazine or click on the link below.
http://www.digitalmagazinetechnology.co ... 21#page=55
Nice ride Dennis, (Kiwi) and once again "Congratulation's" for winning Overdrives Cool Ride of the month!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Speakin' of Meetin' 'n' Greetin'

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Congratulations there Griff, job well done. Still a Pete 359/379 extended hood fan myself, but that T600 looks mighty snappy!
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Well now. I kin verify that's Griff's rig. Last I seen it, was parked just outside of exit 28 of the NYS Thruway. Sound's like ya had a good week, what with chewin the fat with the various degenerates from the shooting world (I wasn't the only one The day before, he met with one of my CAS pards from New Hampster, who softened him up a bit for me, har!), and winnin ya a prize fer yer hoss. Good deal!
Certified gun nut
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Cool deal. I hope to see your rig in my neck of the woods some time.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

JReed wrote:Cool deal. I hope to see your rig in my neck of the woods some time.
Lord, be careful what ya wish for ;) (I think he went through IN today)
Certified gun nut
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

JReed wrote:Cool deal. I hope to see your rig in my neck of the woods some time.
Actually, I'm just north of you near Angola, IN. The folks I delivered to had a small crew workin' yesterday and emptied my wagon... so, I'm again, footloose. And it looks to stay that way till Tues.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good for you both! :D :D :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Griff wrote:
Actually, I'm just north of you near Angola, IN. The folks I delivered to had a small crew workin' yesterday and emptied my wagon... so, I'm again, footloose. And it looks to stay that way till Tues.
Hope to see you tomorrow per our phone conversation :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Hey y'all......are you and Jeremy meeting some where today..???? I know it's last minute and maybe rude and forward but I would like to join you if it's not too late....see you are offline but sending a PM to both of you....the phone number I have for Jeremy comes back invalid....so I'm just throwing this out hoping it connects before you leave the area.
UNITE
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Okay by me... Jeremy was going to spend the morning soaking in the sun... doin' yard work... but if he is... he's just soakin about now! :P

I'm now at the juction of Hwy6 and I-69, waitin' till the appointed time. Have to go back to work tomorrow... was going to have to today, but I talked them outta makin' like the Gestapo... so, while I'm still not free, I'm cheap!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep already gave Rich a call he is gonna come up as soon as you let me know you are on your way. Yeah stupid rain canceled my lawn mowing intentions for today. So just sitting around the house watching the kids chase the cats around and watching food network. :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Are the authorities aware of this potential gathering. :o
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Old Savage wrote:Are the authorities aware of this potential gathering. :o
Shhhhhhhhhhh! They might hear you. Just in case I am gonna go make myself a new tin foil hat. :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Of course none of em got back to the thread. Probably got abducted by some black helicopter, getting orifices probed at this very moment....... ;)
Certified gun nut
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

That's really cool, Griff!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

adirondakjack wrote:Of course none of em got back to the thread. Probably got abducted by some black helicopter, getting orifices probed at this very moment....... ;)
Well, that's because we each have these handy tele-communicators the marketing types refer to as "cell-phones."

Mokwaw was a "no-show"... probably had some honey-does to take care of... And, unfortunately, Gunny & I were getting our faces stuffed with some first rate home cookin' by Mrs. Gunny! I say unfortunately, because after such a feast, I tend to tire quickly... and after adjourning to the secret, underground, "man-cave", where we indulged ourselves further by ogling and fondling some fine examples of first rate gunmaker's handi-work. One of which was the T-C Seneca he and his boys made from a kit. Only wished mine had come out near as well. Then, gunny made the bad mistake of letting me sit. I think I lasted 10 minutes... zonk!

Real polite folks... didn't once let on if I snored or drooled... We'll have to pick a day when it's not raining and we can do more outdoors, where fresh air will delay my dozin'!

A real good time. Jeremy does our country proud as one of our finest, brave fightin' men. I'm proud to have made his acquaintance. Thank you, Sir.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!